Incredible annoyed I got this rather than SE
651 6 2022-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RADLODixYQgG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70430 ft
Australia

I bought the Mavic Mini a few days ago and it arrived yesterday. I have flown it for a total of 4km and it doesn't do well in wind, and I live in a very windy area. I bought my Mini from Kogan as a refurbished unit for $226USD thinking I was getting a good deal. I checked today and Kogan has dropped the price for their refurbished units to $206USD and I am looking at other retailers around me and they're selling brand new Mini SE drones for sale for $260USD! I am so frustrated with myself I didn't check other retailers and buy the Mini SE instead, the Mavic Mini does so poorly in wind. I would have spent just that bit extra to get the SE if I knew other retailers were selling it at that price.
2022-6-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

A bit of buyer's remorse I see.  Maybe Kogan will let you trade the Mini in for a new Mini SE and pay the price difference.  
2022-6-23
Use props
djiuser_RADLODixYQgG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70430 ft
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-23 02:24
A bit of buyer's remorse I see.  Maybe Kogan will let you trade the Mini in for a new Mini SE and pay the price difference.

I don't think I can, and Kogan is selling the Mini SE for $316USD, unlike the other retailers selling it at $260USD for sale.
2022-6-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_RADLODixYQgG Posted at 6-23 02:32
I don't think I can, and Kogan is selling the Mini SE for $316USD, unlike the other retailers selling it at $260USD for sale.

Yikes, that is quite the difference between Kogan's price and other retailers.  

Any possibility you can sale it outright and then move to the SE?  Just throwing things out here.  In the US you can sell things on eBay or Facebook Marketplace.  Not sure if you have that in Aussie land or not.
2022-6-23
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

SE and mini2 will not be much better. Consider actually upsizing to an air 2S or above.
2022-6-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've found that the Mini One performs pretty well in all but the windiest conditions you would want to fly any drone in. True, it bobs about crazily but the gimbal remains stable and resulting video is perfectly acceptable.
2022-6-23
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

SE and mini2 will not be much better. Consider actually upsizing to an air 2S or above.

I was kinda wondering the same thing.  Under your situation, I would be looking at the 2S.
2022-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules