Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Drone Confrontation Survival 101

I have had my fair share of drone confrontations testing my DJI Mini 3 Pro with the bird lady, birdman, and a local farmer. This could happen to you despite you knowing the local drone laws, and this is how you deal with it. Have you experienced anything like this and how do you deal with it?

2022-6-23
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Great video again Henrik, do you have a template of the rules that you could share?
2022-6-23
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

chillibadger Posted at 6-23 23:31
Great video again Henrik, do you have a template of the rules that you could share?

Should properly make one, but they are all a little different depending on the country
2022-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I keep calm and go away if they want me to.
2022-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Henrik Olsen. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting and informative video that you have filmed and created. Keep safe and have a nice day.
2022-6-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting video Henrik.   Lots of ways to approach these situations, but best to always remain calm.  I've found that wearing the hat and vest or hat and t-shirt have helped in the past to minimize onlooker questions.  Don't always work with the self-appointed drone police.  

DPV.jpg
DPS.jpg
DPH.jpg
2022-6-24
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

The vest is cool and gives it an official touch, but can also expose you more easy to the self-appointed drone police.
Is it selled somewhere officially, or is it DIY.
2022-6-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

listen to a 911 caller.  lol

2022-6-24
Use props
MarkDidIt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122041 ft
United States

I had one rude person a couple of years ago. Im in the states and was at a public park. I told them if they thought I was doing something unsafe or illegal, call the cops and stop harrasing me, then proceeded to ignore them.
2022-6-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cones.  And handout card now....  and I declare : I AM NOT ALLOWED TO TALK TO YOU UNTIL THE END OF THE ASSIGNED FLIGHT.  Please come back in 65 minutes.  (Of course I'm usually done in ten....) lol
2022-6-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think i have a HiVis vest similar but it says DSAR, i think...
2022-6-24
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 6-24 12:45
Cones.  And handout card now....  and I declare : I AM NOT ALLOWED TO TALK TO YOU UNTIL THE END OF THE ASSIGNED FLIGHT.  Please come back in 65 minutes.  (Of course I'm usually done in ten....) lol

that's a good one
2022-6-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is interesting how Hendrik has realised that on his channel he gets almost 10 times the number of views if his video has some sort of confrontation in it or indeed shown on the thumbnail. Bit sad in both cases I feel. Either way this is just clickbait. And as for clicking the dislike button trice that is just Hendrik being dishonest as the second click cancels the first. Otherwise a good drone reviewer
2022-6-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-24 20:51
It is interesting how Hendrik has realised that on his channel he gets almost 10 times the number of views if his video has some sort of confrontation in it or indeed shown on the thumbnail. Bit sad in both cases I feel. Either way this is just clickbait. And as for clicking the dislike button trice that is just Hendrik being dishonest as the second click cancels the first. Otherwise a good drone reviewer

He is fun, enthusiastic and at least shares ours hobby.  His comedy about clocking twice is not being dishonest, it is sly humor and believe me, most people understand it.  Despite monetization, it's not like he is getting rich from this.  I think we should build up people that bring something positive to the discussion, and he does!  

Knowing how to handle a confrontation, as well as sharing the experience can in some ways help remediate future issues for people.  Maybe some Karens see this and decide they are in the wrong?  

Anyways, to each their own.
2022-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules