Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Has anyone created a lens profile in Adobe Lens Profile Creator?
4080 15 2022-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
royeiror
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1679344 ft
Mexico

Since a bunch of us that rely on the Mini 3 Pro for photography and are being met with a few problems with the DNG files like the 12 MPx DNG files have a huge "Vignette" and the 48 MPx DNG have "Chromatic Aberrations" on high contrast areas.
We could wait for DJI to fix this in a firmware update, but who knows when that could be.

Adobe has a tool available called Adobe Lens Profile Creator that based on a pattern you print out and take photos of, allows you to create a correction profile you can use in Lightroom and such.

Has anyone gone through the process and created profiles we could all use?

The Manual is available in the following Link

And the tool for Mac and Windows are available as well.

Anyone with access to a large format printer and a good lightning setup has gone through the process or can go through it and help a bunch of us out?

BTW, I found that walks through the process as well.

2022-6-27
Use props
wateroftyne
Second Officer
Flight distance : 764797 ft
United Kingdom

Hopefully someone has...!
2022-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there royeiror. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Since this is a 3rd party software ( Adobe Lens Profile Creator ) that you wanted to use. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilot who are using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator software to edit there work. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-6-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

All the recent DJI drones have a lens profile built-in to their image files, there is no need to create one.
2022-6-27
Use props
royeiror
lvl.4
Mexico

Geebax Posted at 6-27 19:12
All the recent DJI drones have a lens profile built-in to their image files, there is no need to create one.

The Mini 3 Pro has no profile built in the 12 MPx DNGs, and the 48MPx DNG has some awful chromatic aberrations as well, this is something DJI could solve, but haven't, what I'm asking is if someone has done so or could give it a shot.
2022-6-27
Use props
Geo_Drone
Captain
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

All the recent DJI drones have a lens profile built-in to their image files, there is no need to create one.

SHOULD HAVE....that is the correct phrase...But at Mini 3 the profile is screwed, as DJI did not embedded it ok.
2022-6-28
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

All the recent DJI drones have a lens profile built-in to their image files, there is no need to create one.

That would be true except for the bug where the 12mp images do not have the embedded profile enabled correctly resulting in large vignette.

FWIW i made a colour profile correction DNG but not had the time to bother with a physical lens correction yet.
2022-6-28
Use props
Karl53
First Officer
Flight distance : 290689 ft
  • >>>
Germany

For Adobe Lightroom user :
There are  2 Lightroom Presets for daylight shots (12MP and 48MP)
and
2 Lightroom Presets for evening and night shots (12MP and 48MP)

https://magentacloud.de/s/JLkqj26jj62BocE

I hope they works with your lightroom version
2022-6-28
Use props
royeiror
lvl.4
Mexico

So I went ahead and printed the pattern and ran the Lens Profile Creator tool, the 12MPx lens profile was created with no problem, but since the tool is way too old, it can't handle the 48MPx images, I'll probably have to use JPEGs instead of DNGs, we'll see about that.

In the mean time I'll make the 12 MPx DNG profile available for anyone who cares to use it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Qz/view?usp=sharing
2022-6-28
Use props
royeiror
lvl.4
Mexico

Just tested the Profile myself and it seems like it overcompensated the vignette, I'll have to try to shoot the test images again under new lighting conditions and see if it's better and more precise
2022-6-28
Use props
juan55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Thank you royeior for your effort and for sharing with us your profile.  I tell you what I do for the moment and works for me.

I am primary a photographer with the drone. I process with PS.

Inspecting the 48 Mpx DNG from this drone (that comes without any lens profile embebed), I see the images in the corners with chromatic aberration, some vignette and vertical lines distortion with inclination to outside frame quite notable.

I did look which Lens Correction profiles has PS from DJI, and found Phantom 3 FC300xor even FC330 useful ... It's look like your profile has more or less a similar effect (without taking account the excess of vignetting)... but this lens correction is not enough to correct the total inclination of the vertical lines (buildings for example) in the borders.
To correct that, I use a new layer in PS and apply Edition-Transform - Deformation pushing  the two central inner adjust points of each side of the frame according to my needs.

This workflow left the image acceptable for me. Although it's clear that a correct lens profile is needed from DJI.
2022-7-16
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
United Kingdom

Thanks for the effort - if it helps i've created a DNG profile with a colour checker passport to calibrate the colours accurately but have no idea how to combine this with your distortion correction profile though.
2022-7-17
Use props
juan55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

gnirtS Posted at 7-17 04:03
Thanks for the effort - if it helps i've created a DNG profile with a colour checker passport to calibrate the colours accurately but have no idea how to combine this with your distortion correction profile though.

That’s a Color Profile ….to be used with ACR Raw (LR, PS) when import the image … in stead to use Adobe Standard or other like Adobe Landscape.
One is used in the Color Profile section and the other is used in the Optic  Section.
2022-7-17
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
United Kingdom

FWIW im going to do the colour profiles again.
Anecdotally i think the firmware update altered something - im seeing suspiciously saturated greens which weren't there before.
I'll share it once done.
2022-7-18
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
United Kingdom

juan55 Posted at 7-16 09:19
Thank you royeior for your effort and for sharing with us your profile.  I tell you what I do for the moment and works for me.

I am primary a photographer with the drone. I process with PS.

I do the same but from the transform box in Lightroom or ACR.  Just use the "guided" option.

2022-7-18
Use props
tazzt0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1240184 ft
Switzerland

color profiles and lens profiles still not working in LR (they worked with mini2)  https://community.adobe.com/t5/l ... ported/m-p/13474456 (pls hurry adobe.)

2023-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules