FC40...Failsafe...odd. Doesnt work. CL & HL do.
2156 20 2014-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Im SO sorry to keep posting...

But after a dozen attempts at getting Failsafe to work....I tried again tonight.
( Edit....AFTER launching in GPS Mode and green fklashing LED)  Then I .... S1 lowered to lowest position...S2 in upper position (after green flashing LED and re-setting HP)...Failsafe shound bring the quad home...right?
My FC40 just seems to go the opposite direction.
Tonight, after last nights almost disaster..I even toggled the S2 switch to re-record my Home Position...

Flew it up...flipped the S1 switch all the down to "failsafe"...and it started to fly away from me....???? This has happened all the time...everytime I tried it. At least a dozen times..differnt locations. The biggest Park I have near me.

Im expecting it to go UP...than come home and land. It just goes away...I get scared, switch it back to GPS and continue on....

Next time I try and video it...

WTH?
Ideas?

Btw..CL asnd HL seem to work just fine.

2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

OK...No replies...
I went to DJI Asst...when I toggle between GPS. Atti and Failsafe...Only GPS and Atti show up.  The toggle for Failsafe shows up as 'Manuel"

Theres a drop down menu..I switched it to Failsafe, rebooted..and when I flew it it went completely out of control..breaking 2 out of 4 prop guards. I had to reflash the fireware, remove the prop guards, it flys again...but NO FAIL SAFE.
Im thinking thats why last night it just flew away when I went to failsafe mode...Failssafe is the same as Atti mode....

How to fix?
TX fireware up to date...I could reflash?  But its a PITA...have to open up the Tx

HELP
2014-12-1
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

How certain are you that you have GPS and home locks?  Do you wait for the second set of fast flashing green LEDs (I'm not referring to the steady flashing, I'm referring to the dozen or so flashes when GPS locks and then a short time later it will do it again to indicate home lock)?
2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-2 10:12
How certain are you that you have GPS and home locks?  Do you wait for the second set of fast flashi ...

VERY certain...
I have even reset the Home GPS by toggling the S2 switch up and down three times...then I get a long green LED flash(s)

Ill provide a screen shot in a minute if youd like
2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Screen shots coming in a min
2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Here you go.

This is GPS Mode

This is Atti Mode

This is the Fail Safe Mode I selected, which drove my quad CRAZY...The others do NOT work..I cannit sd=select them with the S1 switch
2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

When I choose Atti or manuel..the copter flys fine....I choose Failsafe..and it spins out of control
2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

I have NO idea why...but NOW Failsafe is working......

Ill be damned......I have  NO IDEA WHY
It NEVER has before...
2014-12-1
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have a way of fixing things through clairvoyance; it really upsets my test team when the software just works and they want to show me a bug
2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-2 10:58
I have a way of fixing things through clairvoyance; it really upsets my test team when the software  ...

Yeh...me too.  Ill be damned if I cant figure stuff out...

Via DJI Assts...I now have THREE "Failsafe" tabs.
I reloased all firmware,etc......Im not sure how or why its working, but I JUST tried the fS mode 3x and it landed at my feet.  CL and HL worked as it should.

My second bat is charged...Ill post a screenshot of my Asst ina vew...when I get back.

Im happy...VERY happy......

2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Wow.....it works...way way way cool...
It didnt this before..
2014-12-1
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I now have THREE "Failsafe" tabs.

Yes, that is correct.  The middle ones (that you cannot select with the switch) are just there; you can't settle on them and I don't know why they would be there.
2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-2 11:34
Yes, that is correct.  The middle ones (that you cannot select with the switch) are just there; yo ...

Weird....
I wonder how many fc40 owners THINK FS works...when it doesnt unless yuo go thru what I did?
2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

S1=GPS
S1b=Atti
S1c= FS...but not.  Even though you enable it via DJI Asst. and dont check the function...you can be screwed, as I was almost last night.
I relied upon FS to work..what happened was I was put into Atti mode..which I didnt know and my quad went further away...
This should be reported widespread.....for FC40 owners anyway.

2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

And somebody owes me 1/2 pr of prop guards....lol
2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

And another..while I wait....

I need more BATTERIES......
2014-12-1
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

jamesnns@gmail. Posted at 2014-12-2 11:36
Weird....
I wonder how many fc40 owners THINK FS works...when it doesnt unless yuo go thru what I  ...

So what changed? what did you do differently? It is not clear from your report. (apart from a bit of clairvoyance of course- that is always handy when smelly stuff meets rotating thing!)
2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Well....Im actually not sure what changed....
I enabled IOC, enabled Failsafe..thought I was gtg. NOT.
My FS S1(c) lever just didnt work, it just was ATTI mode.  I almost lost it last night because i THOUGHT FS was enabled. It wasnt.

Then I went back to DJI Asst. and double checked. YES, it was marked correctly.
But, then I noticed when I tried to use RTH FS...it just flew away...i didnt know then, but it was in ATTI mode.
So today, I reconnect it to DJI Asst. and nitce that when I move the S1 switch...It doesnt move to the FS mode.  Then I found the drop down tab, chose FS...tried that...then when flying my FC40..it went batshit crazy. breaking my two front prop guards...it just swirled around.
Then I reinstalled ALL progs and Firmware..chose the same odd FS mode (see above image)..and now its works like a champ.
(Sorry for spelling Eros)
2014-12-1
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

jamesnns@gmail. Posted at 2014-12-2 12:26
Well....Im actually not sure what changed....
I enabled IOC, enabled Failsafe..thought I was gtg. NO ...

Hi Jamesnns,

Anyway, great to hear that the problem is solved.
2014-12-3
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

My best guess is that when I changed the setting for the S1(c) switch from "Manuel" to "Fail Safe" something went terribly wrong. (I can find ANYTHING in the Manuel about having to do this.)
After I made the switch to Fail Safe and tried to fly it (yes i did a compass cali first) the quad went all wonky, gyroscoping and out of control and crashed, ruining my two front prop guards (Id hate to think what would have happened without them)
After that...I started from scratch. I uninstalled the DJI Asst prog, reinstalled it, redid the update, redid the Fail Safe switch, redid the IMU calibration, redid the compass cali....then it fly fine and CL, HL and FS all worked.
2014-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules