Focusing Issues with the Mavic 2 Pro
572 3 2022-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PrimalHen
lvl.1

United States

A lot of video footage I've been shooting on the Mavic 2P has been coming back unusably blurry. I only acquired this drone a few months back to replace a Mavic 2P that crashed, and hadn't experienced anything like it before. I've tried everything I could think of - originally, I thought it was an issue with AF-C, so I've used focus peaking and Manual Focus to try and compensate. No dice. This issue isn't limited to video footage either - photos come out grainy and unclear as well. I don't know how to attach video footage in this thread, so I've provided screen shots of raw video footage, and raw pictures to help identify the issues.
My (usual) video settings are as follows:
Aperture: between f/2.8 and f/5.6
Shutter: follows 1/180 rule; usually 1/60 or 1/120
Codec: H.265
Color Profile: DLog-M
Style: Sharpness, Contrast, and Saturation are all 0.
Video Size - Usually 4K

I'd really appreciate any perspective or clarity on this manner that I can get. I'd hate for this to have been a waste of money.

Thank you all for your help.

Video Footage

Video Footage
Screenshot 2022-06-28 163021.jpg

Video Footage

Video Footage

Unedited Photo

Unedited Photo

Video Footage

Video Footage
2022-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to sync all of your flight records and kindly please uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 app on your mobile device to restore its default settings and check if the issue persists? If yes, kindly please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and update/refresh the firmware then check if there are changes. You may download the app and the software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
DJI Go 4 : https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2022-6-28
Use props
PrimalHen
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-28 19:06
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to sync all of your flight records and kindly please uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 app on your mobile device to restore its default settings and check if the issue persists? If yes, kindly please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and update/refresh the firmware then check if there are changes. You may download the app and the software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I have done everything specified. The update on the firmware was fruitless, as was the reinstallation of the app. The footage is still coming back as slightly out of focus. Is there anything else I can do or is this simply a faulty drone?
2022-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

PrimalHen Posted at 7-2 12:34
I have done everything specified. The update on the firmware was fruitless, as was the reinstallation of the app. The footage is still coming back as slightly out of focus. Is there anything else I can do or is this simply a faulty drone?

Thank you for keeping us posted. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics. You may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules