Mini 3 Pro Lens Shade Came Off Camera-Fail!
4368 6 2022-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacMyDay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567477 ft
  • >>>
United States

The poorly designed gimbal protector for the Mini 3 Pro appears to have pried off the front bezel of the camera which appears to be a sort of lens shade. See photos.

I'm in touch with DJI support and they will replace the drone, but I'm out of the country and can't replace this as I'm traveling.

I've tried to snap the piece back on, but appears perhaps a clip is missing. This could've been defective from the start.

I'm wondering if until I get back home and ship the drone back to DJI if this will affect flight and/or photography. Obviously, I cannot attach any filters to the camera as a start.

dpi mini 3 fail

dpi mini 3 fail
2022-6-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HI, it should twist on to lock in place,
2022-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MacMyDay. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. It is good to know that you have already contacted our DJI Support Team for further assistance with regards to this matter. Kindly please rest assured that we will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again I am sorry and thank you.
2022-6-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It just twists on and off it is like that for putting on ND filters. There was never any glass in it. You need to be very gentle whe putting the gimbal cover on and off
2022-6-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try offering it up to the gimbal at a slight angle, then push and twist to lock (very gently)
2022-6-30
Use props
bannerman
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Your picture shows the camera in portrait mode (vertical).  The MIni 3 manual states that the camera should be placed horizontal when attaching the gimbal cover.   This has probably caused the problem.
2023-12-20
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Flight distance : 279692 ft
Canada

Here is video demo of proper installation starting at 5 minutes.
2023-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules