Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A new firmware update (V1.3.20) is now available for Phantom 3
12Next >
7862 56 2015-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

A new firmware update (V1.3.20) is now available for Phantom 3. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download to download and update your Phantom 3.

Overview
1.      All-in-one firmware version updated tov1.3.20
2.      DJI GO app iOS version updated to: v2.0.0

What's New
1.      Added HD Video Conversion option in the video editor when cutting footage to video.
2.      Automatic photo syncing of the compressed file to your mobile device.
3.      Added option to downgrade the aircraft firmware (remote controller version will be released soon).

Bug Fixes
1.      Fixed issue of the camera failing to save photos when shooting in burst mode.
2.      Fixed issue of Camera View occasionally displaying a blank screen while recording video.

Notice
1.      The firmware can be downgraded to v1.1.9 or later only (Upgrade to v1.3.20 first, then downgrade to v1.1.9).

2.      Upgrading the remote controller firmware though USB flash drive is no longer supported after this update. Users should only update their remote controller by using the DJI GO app.

2015-8-4
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

Hi Autumn,

When can we expect the DJI Go app for Android customers?

Cheers on the great news!
2015-8-4
Use props
REBELimgs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 46483 ft
United States

Are those the only fixes? Have any of the important issues from 1.2.6  been addressed?
2015-8-4
Use props
sdharris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

Also, does this include the SDK hooks as I am currently testing the Autoflight Logic Autopilot app?
2015-8-4
Use props
romansu2
lvl.3
Latvia

hi, but this firmware update RC with USB? correct?
2015-8-4
Use props
LeHussard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297523 ft
France

I made everything, as each time... but my P3P is beeping non-stop "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" since 10 minutes, with solid red light on gimbal...and yellow flashes.
Is it normal?
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
Captain
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

romansu2 Posted at 2015-8-4 17:26
hi, but this firmware update RC with USB? correct?

Yes, update RC via USB for this. For next updates, use the DJI Go App..
2015-8-4
Use props
chr.kykkotis
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Does the new firmware include SDK functions?
2015-8-4
Use props
Nico
Netherlands

I'd really like to know if the errors in the previous firmware are resolved too. Furthermore i'd like to know where I can find the firmware (it's not at the regular location yet) and how I can perform the mentioned downgrade.
Edit: software is now at the regular location
2015-8-4
Use props
airobotix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

LeHussard Posted at 2015-8-4 17:42
I made everything, as each time... but my P3P is beeping non-stop "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" since 10  ...

Mine is doing exactly the same!
2015-8-4
Use props
LeHussard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297523 ft
France

I formated my sd card, and tryed again, and sucessfull
2015-8-4
Use props
alessandrowr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172431 ft
Hong Kong

I made everything, as each time... but my P3P is beeping non-stop "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" since 10  ...

Hi There,
The same thing happened to mine. The continuous beep then all the lights stopped. I connected the iphone to the drone and it says it needs update and maybe i should check the 8 pin plate from the gimbal and the drone. There's a malfunction issue. The drone now does not recognize the gimbal. And on top of that the camera is shifted to the left.
I thought this update was going to resolve the jello effect problem on videos.

I switched it off just in case the drone gets more damaged. I tried formatting a few times and redoing the process but it doesnt seem to be working.
2015-8-4
Use props
gregg1r
First Officer

United States

Will DJI GO overwrite the present Pilot app? If not, can you switch back and forth between DJI GO and Pilot app? Can GO be used on Phantoms that haven't been updated?

I'm getting tired of clearing alert messages that I need to update this and that.
2015-8-4
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have been critical of DJI, born out of frustration and love for their Brand in equal amount.

That criticism of the 1.2.8 release was because I missed flying my drone so much having spent just 12 hours of flight, despite being a day one customer of the P3.

I see they have added the roll back to firmware.  This is a  direct response to customer requests.  Well done DJI.  I can't wait to fly again.  
2015-8-4
Use props
Phantom Menace
lvl.1

United States

I have some of questions about the new firmware for the P3P. First, does it bring back functionality of SDK developed apps?

Secondly, I have 3 batteries. I understand that each battery requires a firmware update as well. How is that done. With version 1.2.6 if it was loaded already, it wouldn't let me run it again. I assume I have to run it three times, once with each battery inserted. Is this correct?

Lastly, what is the DJI Go app? Is it a replacement for the pilot app or is it just an app to help me install new Firmware?

I'm not sure what it does, as I am an Android user and I don't see a link to Android versions anyware.

2015-8-4
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

Phantom Menace Posted at 2015-8-5 01:17
I have some of questions about the new firmware for the P3P. First, does it bring back functionality ...

When you do the firmware upgrade it will update the battery you have in, I just inserted the next battery and switched on the aircraft and it went through the upgrade to next battery automatically.
2015-8-4
Use props
pbusardo
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

GO App?  How about video range transmission issues, give me back all the video channels, POI Circling, Follow-Me capability, Autonomous Way-point Navigation.  You should "GO" there.
2015-8-4
Use props
qarknn.gmail
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hi, I wonder if anyone has experienced this or has any ideas why
it's not working.

Installed items:
DJI Phantom 3 Professional
Phantom_3_Professional_Firmware_v1.3.20_en
Phantom 3 - HDMI Output Module (Pro/Adv)

Tablet is Nvidia Tegra Note 7
Mini HDMI2AV adapter
FatShark Predator V2
----

1) When I use the Note 7, HDMI2AV, and the Fatsharks
the complete video view is A-OK with the DJI Pilot App.

2) When I use the HDMI2AV and the Fatsharks only
plugged into the Phantom 3 - HDMI Output Module
there is NO VIDEO... just a blank screen?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
2015-8-4
Use props
Adamation
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Since Updating my P3P to the latest firmware along with the remote the Android DJI App no longer makes a connection to the RC - Adam
2015-8-4
Use props
Phantom Menace
lvl.1

United States

Amber Posted at 2015-8-5 01:23
When you do the firmware upgrade it will update the battery you have in, I just inserted the next  ...

Did you still have the FW file on the SD card when you switched batteries, or is that not necessary?
2015-8-4
Use props
rivera_albert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 377966 ft
United States

Do you know if this firmware fixed the tilted horizon issue on the camera?
Thank you.
2015-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Thank you Autumn. This new Go app and updated Firmware are just what we needed.
And if couldn't have come a better time ;-)

Really liking the new look and feel. Thanks again...

RedHotPoker
2015-8-4
Use props
buzzcbr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

Phantom Menace Posted at 2015-8-5 01:17
I have some of questions about the new firmware for the P3P. First, does it bring back functionality ...

Leave the sd card in and insert each battery in turn, it will update them.
2015-8-4
Use props
StephLed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347365 ft
United States

In the firmware update .pdf instructions, the solid red light means an error occurred.  Mine did the same thing about 5 minutes into the update.  I rebooted the aircraft and started over and I got the .txt 'success' file.  Are you sure you placed the .zip file in the root directory of your SD card?  
2015-8-4
Use props
renevandenberg
New

Netherlands

alessandrowr@gm Posted at 2015-8-4 19:14
Hi There,
The same thing happened to mine. The continuous beep then all the lights stopped. I conn ...

I have the same problem, tried already twice
formatted SD card each time
2015-8-4
Use props
StephLed
lvl.3
United States

renevandenberg Posted at 2015-8-5 03:09
I have the same problem, tried already twice
formatted SD card each time

Have you tried deleting and downloading the firmware file again?
2015-8-4
Use props
renevandenberg
New

Netherlands

StephLed Posted at 2015-8-5 03:14

thanks for the suggestion, I will try now and let you know ...
2015-8-4
Use props
renevandenberg
New

Netherlands

StephLed Posted at 2015-8-5 02:56
In the firmware update .pdf instructions, the solid red light means an error occurred.  Mine did th ...

I assume you mean extract the content of the zip file in root directory of the SD card?
2015-8-4
Use props
StephLed
lvl.3
United States

renevandenberg Posted at 2015-8-5 03:52
I assume you mean extract the content of the zip file in root directory of the SD card?

Yes. Should be the bin file.
2015-8-4
Use props
renevandenberg
New

Netherlands

StephLed Posted at 2015-8-5 03:14

I have downloaded new firmware
I have fully formatted the SD card
I have tried with other battery
Still the same beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep after a while
by the way, the last successful upgrade was 1.2.8
2015-8-4
Use props
desertstormarti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 710587 ft
United States

rivera_albert@c Posted at 2015-8-5 02:15
Do you know if this firmware fixed the tilted horizon issue on the camera?
Thank you.

No it didn't.  Apparently DJI focused on other things.  WTF?  I didn't even have any of the issues that this "update" addressed.  How about fixing the tilted horizon and VPN errors while in flight.
2015-8-4
Use props
phillbarnes9
Captain
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have two phantoms 3,s. How do I log them both in?
2015-8-4
Use props
phillbarnes9
Captain
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have 2 Phantom 3's  How do I log them both in.
2015-8-4
Use props
kenargo
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

chr.kykkotis Posted at 2015-8-4 17:50
Does the new firmware include SDK functions?

Yes, I've been reading reports that UF works with the new firmware which would confirm SDK functionality is enabled in the new download.

I'm just now installing the firmware and will test as well but all indications are that the SDK functionality is enabled in the release.
2015-8-4
Use props
legitxxpwnd
New

United States

Its not letting me download the update. I went to the download screen on my computer and it's not letting me download the firmware update. Anyone able to help me?
2015-8-4
Use props
StephLed
lvl.3
United States

renevandenberg Posted at 2015-8-5 04:07
I have downloaded new firmware
I have fully formatted the SD card
I have tried with other battery

Hmm... something in your file has to be corrupted.  Sometimes when formatting SD cards, not all data is erased.  Maybe try a different microSD?
2015-8-4
Use props
deborah.seline
lvl.1

United States

I just opened the box. Do I need to complete in order the 3 firmware upgrades that are shown on the site (with 2 controller upgrades), or do I just do the latest upgrade which would include all the other upgrades? OR should I do the second upgrade, the one with a similar upgrade for the controller, and wait to upgrade to the latest when the controller upgrade comes out?
2015-8-4
Use props
rrmike
lvl.1

United States

Please remove the device restriction and just include a "recommended devices" or "not recommended devices" list.  It infuriates me that I own 4 ipads and have to fly on my tiny phone screen because the app isn't "compatible" with any of my ipads.
2015-8-4
Use props
StephLed
lvl.3
United States

deborah.seline Posted at 2015-8-5 04:54
I just opened the box. Do I need to complete in order the 3 firmware upgrades that are shown on the  ...

If I read correctly, you will need to complete the 1.2.8 firmware update first, as you have to have this version to be able to upgrade your RC to the version released today. However; when I updated 1.2.8 for my aircraft, my RC firmware was already current.  You can't go wrong doing both...
2015-8-4
Use props
renevandenberg
New

Netherlands

StephLed Posted at 2015-8-5 04:51
Hmm... something in your file has to be corrupted.  Sometimes when formatting SD cards, not all da ...

I downloaded new files, fully formatted the orignal SD card, I will try now with other SD card
2015-8-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules