New Inspire 1 Firmware v1.3.0.00 and DJI GO
4836 20 2015-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

In case you haven't noticed, beta testing is over, new firmware is available. Don't have a change log for it, but we will see if they implemented anything else than it was in the beta.

Download, install, I will update later today and tell you all about it.

Also there is a new APP - redesigned the previous one

Edit: there is a changelog.. pretty much same as it was in the beta.

2015-8-4
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Updated without problem. Bench test passed with no issues.

Checked the Video feed to the 2nd controller while on the bench - it is still pixelated and broken.
Will charge everything up and field test tomorrow, but will be mostly interested to see if my second controller is actually usable yet.
(yes, I've swapped them over - it's not a hardware fault)

Have to say I'm underwhelmed - more useless features for the pilot app, yet no nav or waypoints.
Is anyone from DJI actually listening?
2015-8-4
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

CAN WE FLY SAFELY WITH ADROID 1.2 SINCE THE RC UPDATE IS ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH DJI GO APP?
2015-8-4
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Linolens Posted at 2015-8-4 20:40
CAN WE FLY SAFELY WITH ADROID 1.2 SINCE THE RC UPDATE IS ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH DJI GO APP?

Andriod has over 60% market share vs 25% of Apple even in China Apple is 3rd now so "coming soon" is really not enough.

Firmware update through the DJI GO app will not work with older versions of the remote controller firmware. If the firmware update fails, follow
the instructions below to update the firmware using the traditional method:
a. Update the latest firmware package files from DJI official web site.
b. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive.
c. Turn off the remote controller, Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB disk onto the remote controller USB port when remote
controller is turned off.
d. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.
e. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the
remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and beeping
sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success.
f . If you do not have a SD card reader, you may insert the SD card into the gimbal and connect the gimbal with remote controller to upgrade
the remote controller.
You will only be able to update the remote controller firmware through the DJI GO app from this point onwards.

RC firmware update worked with me with USB.

2015-8-4
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Machoman Posted at 2015-8-4 21:31
Andriod has over 60% market share vs 25% of Apple even in China Apple is 3rd now so "coming soon" i ...

Batteries, I1 and RC successfully updated. Thank you

Now what confidence do we get flying I1 / Android ???

This is upsetting to say the least.
Where are the original features promised by DJI six months after release of the I1???
2015-8-4
Use props
Aerialinspire
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hey all, i just updated everything without a hitch. but when i took off i had 56% battery and luckily i was only 2ft off the ground and it just dropped down to 2% an landed and exactly the same happened when i put the other battery in aswell. be careful
2015-8-4
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Aerialinspire Posted at 2015-8-4 23:05
Hey all, i just updated everything without a hitch. but when i took off i had 56% battery and luckil ...

Which software did you use - I did not fly now BUT

DJI Pilot shows battery correctly
Ultimate flight and Litchi shows 0%!!

So thats exactly the problem: firmware update and 3rd party software is broken! At litchi video hardware decoding does not work anymore and on all 3rd party apps battery shows 0%.

And DJI really want to tell us we should use 3rd party apps for POI and waypoints??? I dont cate if I pay 10,- 20,- or 50,- dollars for a software BUT whats about the security/flyaway/crash risks and the time the inspire is not useable with such a setup???
2015-8-4
Use props
CanD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4862615 ft
Germany

Has somebody figured out how is working:

"Optimized transportation mode.
Now allows entering transportation mode even when the gimbal is still  attached  to  the  aircraft.
Transportation  mode  is automatically triggered when the gimbal  is detached from the aircraft.
Additionally, users can now immediately attach the gimbal after powering on the aircraft and exiting transportation mode."

Should I attach/detach the gimbal while the Inspire is switch on?

Regards,
Daniel
2015-8-4
Use props
alan
lvl.2

United States

Does anyone know if you need to update both RCs of a dual system?
2015-8-4
Use props
Mutumah
lvl.1

Portugal

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-8-4 18:54

Checked the Video feed to the 2nd contro ...

Same here... Also updated and only tested in the bench, and don´t see any immediate improvements on the video feed of the slave. I only have the L1 (version D) for less than a month and in 3hours total time flight I have never been able to use the second remote video feed, with constant breaks no matter what distance, table/hdmi monitor I use. Been using it via a hdmi long cable through the first remote with no problems. My question to you is? Was the feed on you second remote ever working? Can this be an hardware issue? thx
2015-8-4
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Austria

alan@goldsteinp Posted at 2015-8-5 00:02

Yup both need updating
2015-8-4
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just updated inspire, RC, and all batteries without any issues. One thing I can tell you already that I like is the fact that the home point gets set at power up instead of having to power up the motors. Nice to know home is set before you start flying. It's a small thing I know, but nice non the less.
2015-8-4
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Mutumah Posted at 2015-8-5 00:21
Same here... Also updated and only tested in the bench, and don´t see any immediate improvements  ...

It worked perfectly prior to a previous firmware update.
It appears that they were using frequencies and power outputs that were beyond approved channels.
They turned these off/down and now we have a broken solution for 2 operator flight.

Many people have been left with expensive paperweights as a result.
No, it's not hardware.
2015-8-4
Use props
wesseli
lvl.1

United States

alan@goldsteinp Posted at 2015-8-5 00:02

yes ...and good ruck
2015-8-4
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CanD Posted at 2015-8-4 23:56
Has somebody figured out how is working:

"Optimized transportation mode.

Yes, you can attach the gimbal to the inspire 1 after you turn on the inspire 1, exit travel mode (no need to turn the inspire 1 off before attach the gimbal any more).
You can enter travel mode after you have landed the inspire 1 and while the inspire 1 is ON and the gimbal is attached (no need to turn off the inspire 1, detach the gimbal then turn the inspire 1 ON then enter travel mode), after you detach the gimbal, the inspire 1 will go to travel mode.

Regards
Hung Dang
2015-8-4
Use props
CanD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4862615 ft
United States

hungdang Posted at 2015-8-5 10:26
Yes, you can attach the gimbal to the inspire 1 after you turn on the inspire 1, exit travel mode  ...

I've tried it and it works perfectly

thanks
2015-8-5
Use props
Aerialinspire
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Machoman Posted at 2015-8-4 23:48
Which software did you use - I did not fly now BUT

DJI Pilot shows battery correctly

Which software ?? DJI Pilot
2015-8-6
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

I just got everything updated with the latest firmware and everything went well, I just did and Imu calibration, then I also calibrated the compass,I was just about the lift off when I noticed that the radio quality went from good to poor then I got a disconnect. I've been flying this inspire now for about four months and it's been awesome, absolutely no issues whatsoever until today. One very odd thing is that the indicator at the top of the app that indicates level of the radio signal, not the video signal indicator, but the radio signal indicator is showing full bars but I'm still getting getting good to poor messages and then all of a sudden it will disconnect and then reconnect.  I thought I would mention one more thing, after loading the updates on the inspire 1 and the RC controller I was in the app looking around and all of a sudden it crashed the iPad totally rebooted it. The ipad that I'm using is the latest air with 128 gigs  with the cellular radio in it.  It hasn't crashed since it rebooted.

At this point I  guess I'm going to have stopt flying until I can get some more information about what's happening, just a little unnerving.
I guess I'll try and call DJI or get on the chat and see if maybe they have any ideas.  Fingers and toes crossed

Thanks for any ideas you guys may have

RK
2015-8-6
Use props
t_mcmurran.yaho
lvl.1

Canada

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-8-4 18:54

Checked the Video feed to the 2nd contro ...

At least you were able to have the second controller update and link.  Mine is not doing anything   Can not update it with the Go App since it seems like it thinks it was done already.  
2015-8-6
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

What status light color your controller shows?
2015-8-6
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have updated i1and controller  I have noticed a couple of things ,first time set up and took off indoors it had locked onto 5 satellites but message said flight no Gps only when it's located 8 satellites it doest give me safe to fly, it needs to receive more than 7sats  before it gives me gps.? Which is somewhat puzzling , anyway as I landed  and was powering down when i seemed to lose control and it looked like it tried to flip over ,after hitting my kitchen cabinet and only luckily only damaging two props and the kitchen cabinet  I managed to stop it  Imy  findings seems to be  that because the motor rpm as not dropped to what it should be upon landing when s I tried to shut down by using both sticking the position\ / the left motors sped up and  it lifted the left side lifted off the floor as if you were trying to move the aicraft right in flight I have tried it outside same happens .as far as I can see  its due to the motors  speed not dropping to idol speed so their still enough lift to try an flip the craft  I had to place my hand on top to stop it flipping again when powering down I have now calibrated the controller  twice to see if this may be the cause  but it seems the motors are sill running to fast .so I'm stopping  it by holding  the right stick down only  as not to increase the motors speed on the right  , not  much for the maximum height of 120 m when you have no gps what's that all about
noticed  I lost video twice when standing within two feet of my i1    any one else had these problems or any answers would be appreciated
2015-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules