Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A new firmware update (v1.3.0) is now available for Inspire 1
12Next >
7203 70 2015-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

A new firmware update (v1.3.0) is now available for Inspire 1. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download to download and update your Inspire 1.

Overview
1.      All-in-One Firmware version updated to: v1.3.0

What’s New
1.      Added option to downgrade the aircraft firmware.
2.      Added HD Video Conversion option in the video editor.
3.      Added High Dynamic Range (HDR) shooting feature.
4.      Enabled use of remote controller to shoot photos in burst mode.
5.      Fixed issue of video files being damaged when aircraftis powered off during recording.
6.      Added DJI SDK API support for Inspire 1.
7.      Optimized transportation mode.Now allows entering transportation mode even when the gimbal is still attached to the aircraft. Transportation mode is automatically triggered when the gimbalis detached from the aircraft. Additionally, users can now immediately attach the gimbal after powering on the aircraft and exiting transportation mode.
8.      Added option to enable or disablethe Vision Position System.
9.      Added option in Failsafe mode to land the aircraft at the current location and altitude.  
10.    Added option to enable or disable Low Battery RTH feature.
11.    Flight controller parameters are now retained after firmware updates.
12.    Support storing customized gimbal parameters.
13.    Camera View now displays the DJI logo if a video output error is detected to avoid confusion with a blank screen.
14.    Motors stop spinning automatically if blocked by obstacles or excessive force.
15.    Support updating remote controller firmware though the DJI GO app.
16.    Optimized battery life algorithm.
17.    The battery will conserve extra power if it has not been calibrated for the first time.
18.    Optimized battery protection mechanism.  

Bug Fixes
1.     Fixed the issue of DJI GO app displays “Flight Controller Data Error” when the capacity of flight controlleris full.
2.     Improved the stability of the flight controller.
3.     Improved the stability of the Vision Position System.
4.     Fixed the issue of failing to reset GPS coordinate on the mobile device.

Notice
1.     The battery must be fully charged and then discharged to below 5% power to complete the calibration. Manually toggle the Flight Mode Switch to enter the IOC.
2.     Upgrading the remote controller firmware though USB flash drive is no longer supported after this update. Users should only update their remote controller by using the DJI GO app.
3.     Motors may beep and LEDs may flash during the update. This is normal as the motors will be updated following this update.
4.     The battery’s charge and discharge cycles may be affected by the update as a result of the new calculation method for the battery life.
5.     Even after the Vision Position System is disabled, the landing gear will still automatically lower in order to protect the gimbal when flying at low altitudes. If such action is not desired, turn off the Intelligent Landing Gear feature in the DJI GO app.
6.     Gimbal will produce beeping soundto indicate the parameters saved successfully.
7.     Aircraft firmware can only bedowngraded to v1.2.106 or later.

2015-8-4
Use props
lethbrp
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi DJI-Autumn,

What happened to the promised POI and Waypoints?

Regards
2015-8-4
Use props
StefT
lvl.1

Germany

As there is no DJI GO App for Android: Is it possible to use the new Firmware 1.30 with the Android DJI Pilot App V1.2.0?
2015-8-4
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10656 ft
New Zealand

Great stuff, thanks Autumn x
2015-8-4
Use props
wattsnb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 656444 ft
United Kingdom

I'm beginning to think the promised POI and waypoints features were just a ruse to stop defections from the brand.  Over 3 months wait and another pretty featureless update.  I am really beginning to despair at DJI and their complete disdain for their customers.  I think the old adage of being treated like mushrooms has never been more apt
2015-8-4
Use props
Linolens
Second Officer
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

CAN WE FLY SAFELY WITH THE ANDROID APP 1.2.0 SINCE THE RC UPDATE CAN ONLY BE DONE WITH THE DJI GOP APP??????
2015-8-4
Use props
Fred D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

the link doesn't work
2015-8-4
Use props
remltr
lvl.4

United States

Fred D Posted at 2015-8-4 20:35
the link doesn't work

Try this. http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

I was able to navigate to it via the dji product page to the link above.
2015-8-4
Use props
Fred D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

thanks remltr, that worked
2015-8-4
Use props
w1der
Second Officer

Sweden

My first attempt to update the firmware ... D-D-D-D for about 10-15 mins goes in to "wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" ...
Text file says ... NO GO ... try again.

Second attempt ... no D-D-D-D only "wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

2015-8-4
Use props
pidetectives
First Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

wattsnb@gmail.c Posted at 2015-8-4 20:09
I'm beginning to think the promised POI and waypoints features were just a ruse to stop defections f ...

POI and waypoints will not be relesed by DJI. If it happends it will be by 3rd parties.
2015-8-4
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-8-4 21:09
POI and waypoints will not be relesed by DJI. If it happends it will be by 3rd parties.

In EU legislation this will be the perfect excuse to return the Inspire 1 for a full refund when the Inspire 2 become available - because POI and Waypoints have been promised by DJI and therefore are part of the contract. I dont know about other countries but within EU this is a sure thing especially if you bought at a local EU dealer where EU legislation can easily be executed.

In fact the announcement that POI and Waypoints will come later was a major reason for me to buy the Inspire.

Problem with 3rd party software is - HOW many of then should you buy? Lets say it can do Waypoints but what if it cannot do several other things the DJI Pilot/GO can do?? What if the SMALL teams or single persons who develop the 3rd party software decide to retire because of lousy sale numbers? It may get incompatible or result in flyaways and crashed just with the next DJI firmware update.

Who is responsible then?

What if the programmer files for bankruptcy so you will not get any cent of him?

Its one thing if 3rd partys make software with LOTS MORE options to give a plus of features but its a completely other thing to outsource main functionalities to 3rd party without any warranty.
2015-8-4
Use props
stan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Can the new Firmware 1.30 work with the Android DJI Pilot App? If the Andriod DJI GO will not be available for a prolong period, there is no point for us to upgrade the firmware now! Would DJI gives us a time frame when the DJO GO Andriod will be available, please!
2015-8-4
Use props
airymok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
China

It is OK to use Android v1.2.0
2015-8-4
Use props
pidetectives
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-8-4 21:44
In EU legislation this will be the perfect excuse to return the Inspire 1 for a full refund when th ...

DJ I said it had the capability of PO I and waypoints but they  did not say it would be released by them. I think  that's where the confusion lies
2015-8-4
Use props
Linolens
Second Officer
Macao

w1der Posted at 2015-8-4 21:08
My first attempt to update the firmware ... D-D-D-D for about 10-15 mins goes in to "wheeeeeeeeeeeee ...

worked for me.
I1, batteries and RC.
2015-8-4
Use props
Linolens
Second Officer
Macao

Machoman Posted at 2015-8-4 21:44
In EU legislation this will be the perfect excuse to return the Inspire 1 for a full refund when th ...

same here.
Top reasons to purchase were never delivered by the manufacturer.

What confidence do we have now flying Android 1.2 with this new firmware.
The usual flight are already a stress..... now what?
2015-8-4
Use props
stan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

airymok Posted at 2015-8-4 22:11
It is OK to use Android v1.2.0

But as said, the Remote controller firmware upgrade needs to go through DJI GO App, without it, how can we upgrade the controller? Or put it that way, can we fly the Inspire 1 with newest v1.3.0 by using the old controller firmware?
2015-8-4
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-8-4 22:12
DJ I said it had the capability of PO I and waypoints but they  did not say it would be released by ...

The original videos before the release showed them using POI.  They may not have said that these features would be released by them, but they didn't say they wouldn't be either.  Hell, Red Bull lost a law suite because you didn't actually get wings after consuming their product.  If your product sells because you mislead consumers, your'e liable.
2015-8-4
Use props
pidetectives
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AegisFC Posted at 2015-8-4 22:34
The original videos before the release showed them using POI.  They may not have said that these f ...

It will not stand in a court room. You would have to show that DJI deceived in there ads with promises of features that actually were not true. DJI has not done that they  said the features mention would be available now the question is did they deceive to sell there product the answer is no because they are letting 3rd parties company develop software so those features are available to the consumer. Now if the 3rd parties are taking longer to release that is not fault of DJI.
2015-8-4
Use props
Skywolf007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

stan@rcsail.com Posted at 2015-8-4 22:23
But as said, the Remote controller firmware upgrade needs to go through DJI GO App, without it, ho ...

no you cant, but you can update it using SD card
2015-8-4
Use props
kvamens
lvl.4

Norway

2.     Upgrading the remote controller firmware though USB flash drive is no longer supported after this update. Users should only update their remote controller by using the DJI GO app.

does this go auto, or do you have to do it manual in DJI GO?     If so, where?
2015-8-4
Use props
ajohnsonlaird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124636 ft
United States

And for those having problem with the firmware link, the URL in the first posting is malformed (it includes the letters "to" at the end).
The correct link is: http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

Clearly some folks figured this out!

Andy.
2015-8-4
Use props
pkoepnick
lvl.1

United States

Where is the Ground Station and POI?  DJI sent a email flyer out on 04/27/2015 that these features would be added in the next couple months.  Where are they.  I bought my Inspier 1 the next day after the flyer came out.  It has been 3 months since that came out.

2015-8-4
Use props
pkoepnick
lvl.1

United States

Here is the flyer that was sent out promising Ground Station:
2015-8-4
Use props
pkoepnick
lvl.1

United States

Lets try this again:  Ground Station
2015-8-4
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-8-4 22:48
It will not stand in a court room. You would have to show that DJI deceived in there ads with prom ...

Not only was there no disclaimer saying these features specifically would not be provided by DJI, they double downed on their claims by releasing a flyer (without disclaimer) saying that these features will be coming soon.  Either the claims that Dji will not be releasing these features are wrong, or they've clearly mislead the consumer into believing that they will be available soon by DJI.
2015-8-4
Use props
alan
lvl.3

United States

I installed the firmware and all looks OK. but since I live inside the DC restricted zone, I have to travel somewhere tomorrow just to test it.  I think this whole thing of blocking Inspire and Phantom flight inside the DC restricted zone is pretty crazy.

This particular restricted zone exists to try to prevent 911 type attacks and other types of terrorism... not to improve air safety. So what kind of terrorism am I likely to do with my Inspire... fly it onto the White House lawn like the drunk that caused DJI to block mine?  Even if you can come up with some kind of terrorist threat that could be realistically employed by a small copter, any tech savvy terrorist could simply build a system using a non-blocked flight controller.  Plus there are plenty of targets outside the restricted zone. (Oklahoma City comes to mind.)

There is very little air traffic within 15 miles of the White House other than commercial planes on route to Reagan national, military planes flying air cover, and police copters.  My clients have numerous real estate developments and buildings within this area that would be great to shoot from the air. (I probably could be well under 150 feet all of the time.) Considering that there is so little low level air traffic here, wouldn't this be a very safe place to fly an Inspire?

BTW, this is typical of some of my projects where I fly quite low just to show a home from a little higher than the ground.  yes, safety is important, but the only issue I could see is if there was a flyaway. And how would that be any more dangerous in this location than anywhere else. (And since there is so little air traffic, I think even a flyaway is less dangerous here.)

Here I wanted to show the decks.

BR WM Fillmore II aerial 017 small coprt.jpg
2015-8-4
Use props
bolwerk.arnold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12238 ft
Netherlands

I had a little problem with the update! The I1 went smooth, but the RC had a problem while updating. Starting the update went fine! I waited 10 minutes..........15 minutes.........20 minutes.........25 minutes...........Just the irritating beeps. Then I shut it down and tride to restart the the update with another SD. Nothing hapenend. Downloaded a rescue file (gs-ofdm.bin) and recoverd the RC. But it is in the old firmware and I cannot update this RC.... I've tride it with the gimbal, with another SD, formatting everything tride it over and over again.

Luckaly my second RC update perfectly within 5 minutes.

Do you have a sollution?
2015-8-4
Use props
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Having some problem downloading the new DJI Go app.

Just won't update.  Has anyone actually downloaded this app yet ?
2015-8-4
Use props
kneverett
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-8-4 22:12
DJ I said it had the capability of PO I and waypoints but they  did not say it would be released by ...

Not entirely accurate as I recall.  DJI made indicating in marketing materials before the Inspire ever shipped that way points and other flight options would be delivered as part of the main product.  Later they quietly adjusted the wording to indicate such features could be created by the consumer via the SDK.  They don't point you to any specific 3rd party developer, just allude to the fact that it is doable.  At the very least evasive and counts in my book as deceptive marketing.

For most products an SDK is there to facilitate vertical market feature sets which have high value but to a very limited audience.  While typically the hardware manufacturer provides firmware which addresses commonly used features.  Typically 3rd party developers innovate and the OEM integrates the best and/or most useful ideas into their base product.  Thus most 3rd party developers must stay ahead of the OEM just in order to survive.

DJI seems to have stopped all effort to provide basic flight opetaions.  How many use the Director module they added to DJI Pilot?  Why do I need a Store link in the Pilot app?  I'd trade either (or both) for way points any day of the week.

Frankly, I'll probably fly a vanilla Inspire until the competition proves it's worthy and then make a switch.  To think I was even considering getting a Ronin-M.  But I see that at least two other companies have good alternatives to that as well.  There is nothing about a DJI Ronin-M which leverages my investment in the Inspire (common batteries, controllers, etc.) or vice versa.  So even if they correct all the shortcomings of the Inspire in the next 3 months there is no incentive for brand loyalty.
2015-8-4
Use props
nilsblix
First Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

GB44 Posted at 2015-8-5 04:43
Having some problem downloading the new DJI Go app.

Just won't update.  Has anyone actually downloa ...

Installed the new FW and the Go app.
Done the Inspire and the remote and 4 batteries - now issues
Have not been flying - will test tomorrow
2015-8-4
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

w1der Posted at 2015-8-4 21:08
My first attempt to update the firmware ... D-D-D-D for about 10-15 mins goes in to "wheeeeeeeeeeeee ...

Did you remove the text file in between?   If you don't it will ignore the update.
2015-8-4
Use props
wesseli
lvl.1

United States

how do you revert to the previous firmware ?
I had perfectly working system with Nexus II as master and iPad Mini as slave.
Now DJI Go only supports Apple and the Android RC settings are missing now !!!??
This really sucks bad.
2015-8-4
Use props
tornado
lvl.1

United States

On my Air 2 it was automatically updated to the DJI GO app, however, I cannot update the RC with the app or USB. The app says it cannot update this controller with the app, please try or use the USB ?

So, no RC update as of yet, any ideas DJI ?
2015-8-4
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone else see that the new firmware allows you to attach the gimbal while the Inspire is powers up?  Did I read that right?  If so, anyone try yet?
2015-8-4
Use props
tornado
lvl.1

United States

I was always told, NOT to do it because it could arc.
2015-8-4
Use props
tornado
lvl.1

United States

RC updated, I remembered that sometimes the previous app did not connect properly, and removing the usb connection to the tablet and reconnecting would fix it. So, I powered on the RC, removed the usb stick, plugged it back in, and it took the upgrade, maybe this will help others....
2015-8-4
Use props
andreas.walimaa
lvl.1

Sweden

method007 Posted at 2015-8-5 05:56
Anyone else see that the new firmware allows you to attach the gimbal while the Inspire is powers up ...

I think it's better to be safe than sorry, so I always turn off the A/C before attaching/removing the gimble.
2015-8-4
Use props
kappaOS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1276778 ft
Italy

all updated. bird/remote/all batteries
did the remote update via SD/USB (for the last time...)

first flight OK

noticed:
lowering the landing gear hovering at about 3m results in a huge altitude drop (1-2m)
motors sound is different
camera quality seems improved dramatically
battery live seems improved

will test more tomorrow

best
kappa
2015-8-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules