Google store DJI Fly support for Samsung S22 series
1143 9 2022-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pilsebob
lvl.1

Indonesia

Can we please get DJI Fly app for Samsung S22 in the Google store?

Galaxy S22 series is a couple of months old at this point, tens of millions of units are sold (and a fair few of those are DJI drone owners).
It's inconvenient that the phone series has not been added to supported (or made supported) to the DJI Fly app yet.

(I am using a work phone, so I can't install using APK).

So please, help get this done.
With kind regards
Pilsebob

2022-7-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, DJI no longer offers the DJI Fly App on the Google store.  The only way to get the Fly App now is to download it directly from DJI.  It is offered on the Apple App store just not Google store anymore.  Lots of rumors why but never any confirmation from DJI.  
2022-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Because the compatibility strategy between the DJI App and Google Play Store is changing, you currently cannot finish downloading and updating using Google Play. Thank you for your understanding.
Do not be concerned. To ensure your usage, we have launched a DJI official download channel. You can visit the DJI official website to download and install the latest app and obtain the complete updates in the app.
DJI official download link: www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp.
2022-7-9
Use props
Pilsebob
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-9 22:49
Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Because the compatibility strategy between the DJI App and Google Play Store is changing, you currently cannot finish downloading and updating using Google Play. Thank you for your understanding.
Do not be concerned. To ensure your usage, we have launched a DJI official download channel. You can visit the DJI official website to download and install the latest app and obtain the complete updates in the app.
DJI official download link: www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp.

Hi Wanda, thanks for the reply.
Sadly your suggested solution won't work for me.
As I wrote in the original post, I'm unable to install using APK file.

The reason is that my phone that also runs work-related apps, and I had to allow the corp to lock my phone down. This is rather common and I suspect will become even more common in the future (both on work-owned and private-owned phones)

I know you can't change this, but I hope you will consider and take with you the feedback.
Google Store is hard to work with, but at least your software is available for all your users.
Other solutions will lock some (maybe many) out.

With regards

2022-7-10
Use props
Pilsebob
lvl.1

Indonesia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-9 03:23
Unfortunately, DJI no longer offers the DJI Fly App on the Google store.  The only way to get the Fly App now is to download it directly from DJI.  It is offered on the Apple App store just not Google store anymore.  Lots of rumors why but never any confirmation from DJI.

Yeah, it seems you are correct.
I don't think they realize how many have locked down phones and therefore can't install their software anymore if they only support APK install.

Ty for answering.  
2022-7-10
Use props
djiuser_Zg6EQpVfKsKJ
New

Ireland

Pilsebob Posted at 7-10 19:22
I don't think they realize how many have locked down phones and therefore can't install their software anymore if they only support APK install.

I just got myself the excellent samsung s22 ultra phone. The DJI go4 app crashes each time. And now i find ou Dji know about the problem but aren't putting any effort into fixing it. Will b selling drone o  ebay
2022-7-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Pilsebob Posted at 7-10 19:22
I don't think they realize how many have locked down phones and therefore can't install their software anymore if they only support APK install.

You're welcome.  Wish it was better news.
2022-7-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Zg6EQpVfKsKJ Posted at 7-11 01:16
I just got myself the excellent samsung s22 ultra phone. The DJI go4 app crashes each time. And now i find ou Dji know about the problem but aren't putting any effort into fixing it. Will b selling drone o  ebay

Yeah, the DJI Go4 App is not compatible with Android 12.  Fortunately I still have a Samsung Tab S6 running Android 11 that works with Go4.
2022-7-11
Use props
Pilsebob
lvl.1

Indonesia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-11 03:20
Yeah, the DJI Go4 App is not compatible with Android 12.  Fortunately I still have a Samsung Tab S6 running Android 11 that works with Go4.

Since I'm on holiday at the moment (away from old phones and I wanted to film), I opted to buy Lichi app. It was better than buying a phone just for some flying of the drone. App works as intended so I was able to go flying today. Sadly the 3rd party apps don't do updates of drone or controller (as far as I understand) so hopefully, it will work until I'm back home and can find an unlocked phone to update via.

2022-7-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Pilsebob Posted at 7-11 18:35
Since I'm on holiday at the moment (away from old phones and I wanted to film), I opted to buy Lichi app. It was better than buying a phone just for some flying of the drone. App works as intended so I was able to go flying today. Sadly the 3rd party apps don't do updates of drone or controller (as far as I understand) so hopefully, it will work until I'm back home and can find an unlocked phone to update via.

Yeah, I really like the Litchi App that I use on the Mini 2 and Air 2S.  Really like the waypoints capability that it provides.
2022-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules