Matrice GPS Signal Loss
2118 8 2015-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bkfichter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1020 ft
United States

What happens when the GPS signal is lost on the Matrice 100? Does it stop and hover in place? Is there some notification to the controller?
2015-8-4
Use props
rdteam22.dji
R&D Team

Hong Kong

hi,  Matrice 100 without guidance module would change to  attitude mode automatically  when it lost GPS signal,  it would not stop and hover automatically. User can get the information of GPS signal condition and aircraft 's  fly mode from DJI APP in real-time.
2015-8-4
Use props
bkfichter
lvl.2
United States

rdteam22.dji Posted at 2015-8-5 15:19
hi,  Matrice 100 without guidance module would change to  attitude mode automatically  when it lost  ...

Thank you.

You say "without the guidance system."  Does the Matrice behave differently if the GPS signal is lost when the guidance system is included?
2015-8-5
Use props
rdteam22.dji
R&D Team

Hong Kong

bkfichter Posted at 2015-8-6 02:03
Thank you.

You say "without the guidance system."  Does the Matrice behave differently if the GPS ...

Yes. Guidance is a optional vision module.,which supplies high-precision vision positioning even without GPS, you can view the detail of guidance from the following link:
https://dev.dji.com/en/products/devices/guidance

Thank you.
2015-8-5
Use props
bkfichter
lvl.2
United States

rdteam22.dji Posted at 2015-8-6 11:52
Yes. Guidance is a optional vision module.,which supplies high-precision vision positioning even w ...

Thank you.  I don't think my question was clear.  With the guidance module attached, what does the Matrice do if the GPS signal is lost? Will it hover in place? Will it land? Can it be programmed with the SDK to land?
2015-8-6
Use props
rdteam22.dji
R&D Team

Hong Kong

bkfichter Posted at 2015-8-6 23:49
Thank you.  I don't think my question was clear.  With the guidance module attached, what does the ...

Hi,

1.Matrice would go home or hover when lost remote controller signal,  in any other case, it is under control and  would not hover or stop.
2.Traditionally, UAV hover accurately with the help of GPS which could supplies absolute positioning, but in no GPS signal case, with the relative positioning supplied by guidance, UAV could also  hover accurately.
3.Yes, User can program it  by using SDK interface.
2015-8-6
Use props
drido
New

United States

Hello,
I have a similar question and I believe it has not been answered yet.
WITHOUT Guidance, what would happen by default if you get out of reach?
How far would that roughly be horizontally and vertically?
thx+cheers
hendrik

2015-8-10
Use props
DJI - qj0226
New

Hong Kong

drido Posted at 2015-8-11 04:38
Hello,
I have a similar question and I believe it has not been answered yet.
WITHOUT Guidance, what  ...

Hi,I believe what do you want to konw is the performance of Matrice 100 without guidance and GPS signal,right?M100 would change to  attitude mode automatically  when that situation happened。At attitude mode,we can't control the speed and position of M100。
2015-8-17
Use props
drido
New

United States

DJI - qj0226 Posted at 2015-8-18 15:01
Hi,I believe what do you want to konw is the performance of Matrice 100 without guidance and GPS ...

Ok, thanks, but the practical implications would, that the Matrice would just keep on going in the same direction it was going when it left the radius, right?
2015-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules