Installed white led light today
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1456847 ft
Sweden

Modded my P3P today with a white led light. And this without to have open or do any thing to the P3.
What do you think?

P3P with led light

P3P with led light
IMG_2995.jpg
2015-8-4
Use props
phinchman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120994 ft
Puerto Rico

Hi, what was the procedure you used?
2015-8-4
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

Do you mean how I installed it or the product i used?
2015-8-4
Use props
Trilithon
lvl.2

United States

PerlanSwed Posted at 2015-8-5 01:21
Do you mean how I installed it or the product i used?

Yes...                     
2015-8-4
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which switch do you use to turn it off/on in the air?
2015-8-4
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Some details please.
Where did you get the led light? How did you attach the light?
How do you supply power to the light?
Any glare in the camera from the light?

2015-8-4
Use props
calibergsd
New

United States

Why? What is the purpose of this?
2015-8-4
Use props
phantom3menace
lvl.1

United States

calibergsd@gmai Posted at 2015-8-5 04:48

I wanna know as well. (maybe to drain the battery quicker for shorter flight times?) lol
2015-8-4
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

calibergsd@gmai Posted at 2015-8-5 04:48

Me too, what it the use for this?
2015-8-4
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-8-5 07:11
Me too, what it the use for this?

It seems logical that it would assist identifying orientation. Personally, if I did this, I would put that bright light on the back, make it switchable and keep it away from anywhere near the camera.
2015-8-5
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Lots of questions.  It would be interesting to know the answers.

Apart from anything else, the LED would help with visibility.
2015-8-6
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

Rigworker Posted at 2015-8-5 04:40
Some details please.
Where did you get the led light? How did you attach the light?
How do you supp ...

Sorry for delay in answer, but vacation is ended.

So far no glare in the cam.
Attached by velcro.
Power from main battery via a very thin adapter. I will provide a photo so you see.
Battery time seem them same +/- 1 minute
Will give link to producer when im sure that it is a nice product so I can recommend.
You can find it if you google anyway.

IMG_3006.jpg
IMG_3005.jpg
IMG_3001.jpg
IMG_2996.jpg
2015-8-6
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

msjh Posted at 2015-8-6 16:06
Lots of questions.  It would be interesting to know the answers.

Apart from anything else, the LED  ...

Sorry for delay of answer, but vacation is ended.
See post with photos
2015-8-6
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.2

Belgium

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-5 20:44
It seems logical that it would assist identifying orientation. Personally, if I did this, I would  ...

What's the difference if it's back or front or side when you have everything on screen in front of you and you know what direction is P3 pointed on the minimap.
I realy don't understand any lights on P3
2015-8-6
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

Vampiszon Posted at 2015-8-6 19:58
What's the difference if it's back or front or side when you have everything on screen in front of ...

You're flying along, fat, dumb and happy (just an expression!) and suddenly discover your Pilot app has frozen/died. You look up at your Phantom and it's just a dot in the sky. Maybe it's a little bit closer, but much too far away to tell very much about it.

If it's not too far away, you can steer left or right and see what happens to your Phantom, if you can tell. At what point do you finally decide it's really serious and you can't tell whether your Phantom is facing away, toward you, off to the right/left, etc? GPS lock gone?

You can't even manually fly your Phantom if you can't tell its orientation. But, if you could see a bright white LED and know that must the back of your Phantom, you can pull back on the stick safely, knowing it's going to fly back in your general direction.

Many, many, many users want to fly their Phantoms further and further. After your Phantom gets more than a few hundred feet away from you, it becomes extremely difficult to identify its orientation. Even if you do still have a video feed, the latency may be just enough to not show you just how close you are to an obstacle. Now if your Phantom could be lit up like Christmas!
2015-8-6
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

Its for the General Aviation in G-airspace that not follow the height rules to flying on min 300ft height in open terrain and 500ft over ground when their is buildings.
I want them to see my quadcopter!
In Sweden you are allowed to fly up to a height of 360ft (120m) with a QuadCopter UAS1A.
And I also sometimes have permit to fly in CTR- area.
I will also install some small mini led-flash, so my P3P will be a almost like a christmas tree and no one can miss that its up in the air.
2015-8-6
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-6 20:07
You're flying along, fat, dumb and happy (just an expression!) and suddenly discover your Pilot ap ...

Can already verify the use of strong head light from last evening when I need to recover back. But for my personal use I install extra light for others to see the Quad.
2015-8-6
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

PerlanSwed Posted at 2015-8-6 20:20
Can already verify the use of strong head light from last evening when I need to recover back. But ...

Nothing wrong with that either.

As noted elsewhere, I have a Phantom 3, a Chroma and pieces of what used to be a Blade 350. The LED array on the Chroma is HUGE! Once that thing gets well up into the air, it is VERY visible.
2015-8-6
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Seems logical to me. I would like to see something that operates like this for safety. Lets face it, we need all of the good "safety" publicity we can get. We have to shut the naysayers down when it comes to the dangers of drones in airspace. I would love to see a mapable toggle for on off on the bottom of the controller. I also wish that the red was rear and the green was front. I have been flying these for years and still have "crossed wires" in my head sometimes. In America and most everywhere else, brake lights are red.
2015-8-6
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Vampiszon Posted at 2015-8-6 19:58
What's the difference if it's back or front or side when you have everything on screen in front of ...

Handy if you are at limits of LOS and the app dies or glare is bad.
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-6 20:07
You're flying along, fat, dumb and happy (just an expression!) and suddenly discover your Pilot ap ...

take a pair of binoculars. you can velcro that to forehead for hands free operation if u like.lmao. sorry had to get it out of my system. if itis that far from u i doubt u ll see the led. best is a pair of binoulard, imo.

thx
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-6 23:10
Seems logical to me. I would like to see something that operates like this for safety. Lets face it, ...

just swap the lights around, takes a few hours
2015-8-6
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-7 14:40
take a pair of binoculars. you can velcro that to forehead for hands free operation if u like.lmao ...

This issue is obviously where a lot of the guys and I part ways. I don't see the necessity of flying my Phantom (or any other quad) miles away from where I'm standing. Many will complain that the (fill in the blank) is only good for about 800 yards. That's fine for me. Thus far, the photographic sites I've videoed are well within such a range.

Overall, I'm not happy with being forced to utilize another, separate device to run the Pilot app (or the GO app that still doesn't work on an Android). That's one of the reasons I've really been enjoying my Chroma.

In total fairness, the camera on my P3 - well maybe not so much the camera as the controlling of it - is far, far superior to just about anything else I've seen out there. I've owned five (5) quads so far and the Phantom 3 is the best photography platform I've seen.
2015-8-7
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-7 19:38
This issue is obviously where a lot of the guys and I part ways. I don't see the necessity of flyi ...

So that's a no to Velcro idea then?
2015-8-7
Use props
KP P3 Adv
New
Flight distance : 35650 ft
United States

Does anyone have any info about when the DJI Pro app will be available for Android?
2015-8-7
Use props
Albert Jr.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2422041 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-7 23:35
So that's a no to Velcro idea then?

lol
I like you Ray... you look like a fighter.... or a Sumo!

Albert
2015-8-7
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Albert Jr. Posted at 2015-8-8 09:38
lol
I like you Ray... you look like a fighter.... or a Sumo!

gotta have fun albert, without disrespecting anyone though.  my aim at this forum is to helpm as much as i can, learn from others and if i find friends then it was time well spent. as far as fighter, lets just say i will now days walk away and then smash my p3 into a tree instead. as far as sumo, are u calling me fat?

be safe and enjoy life, 100 years from now nobody is gonna give a shit!!
2015-8-9
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

phinchman Posted at 2015-8-5 01:10
Hi, what was the procedure you used?

i thought u said we didnt have to open or do anyting to p3? cuz im either confused or the pix are showing wires going in the grills and coming out of the othe side, also wires going in to battery terminals??

thx
2015-8-9
Use props
Albert Jr.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2422041 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-10 13:38
gotta have fun albert, without disrespecting anyone though.  my aim at this forum is to helpm as m ...

Sounds good Ray!
No... not fat.... "thick"  like you could take a hit
NO disrespect intended.

Albert
2015-8-11
Use props
Bob Bauer
New

United States

I can not figure out how the positive and negative terminals attach in the photo above.  Can you clarify this please. I have the lights but it makes no sense to me on how the tabs attach.
2015-9-10
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

Bob Bauer Posted at 2015-9-10 15:06
I can not figure out how the positive and negative terminals attach in the photo above.  Can you cla ...

This should help you. Since he had stated he did not take the bird apart I can only guess he un-soldered the board and snaked them (with much patients) through the grill….or perhaps easier would be to go through the grill first then pull the wires through.

http://www.amazon.com/SKYREAT-Ph ... s=phantom+led+light
2015-9-10
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-10 01:45
i thought u said we didnt have to open or do anyting to p3? cuz im either confused or the pix are  ...

This is just one place to purchase, but found it had the best pictures…(see my previous post to Bob Bauer)
2015-9-10
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

PerlanSwed Posted at 2015-8-6 04:16
Sorry for delay in answer, but vacation is ended.

So far no glare in the cam.

Is there a switch on the side?
2015-9-10
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

greenbean Posted at 2015-9-11 03:19
This should help you. Since he had stated he did not take the bird apart I can only guess he un-so ...

Yes, thru the grill. You do not need to do any soldiering.
2015-9-11
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

Bob Bauer Posted at 2015-9-10 21:06
I can not figure out how the positive and negative terminals attach in the photo above.  Can you cla ...

You can see in your AC that red positive is the upper stift.
2015-9-11
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

Sling Shot Posted at 2015-9-11 07:21
Is there a switch on the side?

yes, the switch is on the small board you have on the side.
2015-9-11
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
United States

PerlanSwed Posted at 2015-9-11 11:50
yes, the switch is on the small board you have on the side.

what would be really cool is,   if it could be wired to the front ESC's board so it could be turn on/off by the app
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules