New Inspire 1Firmware 1.3 - RC
2480 18 2015-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pr0xyfl00d3r.20
New

United Kingdom

my inspire 1 updated ok but when i come to update the RC it does not do anything

when i load the app it says rc requires update... but when you check firmware version it shows app v2 and firmware 1.3 is this just the Aircraft or the both?

either way is wont take the update

i was part of the beta so maybe its updated anyway
2015-8-4
Use props
ibrahimquayum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101175 ft
Iraq

Upgrading the remote controller firmware though USB flash drive is no longer supported after this update. Users should only update their remote controller by using the DJI GO app.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-26873-1-1.html
2015-8-4
Use props
pr0xyfl00d3r.20
New

United Kingdom

I know that but only when the Firmware is upgraded to 1.3 that kicks in
IMG_0066.jpg
IMG_0067.jpg
2015-8-4
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

There is obviously going  to be a burst of issues with this new release as is to be expected.  

My first encounter is with the new DJI Go App , simply will not update.  Re-started now three times and its just whirling around pretending its doing something.  
2015-8-4
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

GB44 Posted at 2015-8-5 04:01
There is obviously going  to be a burst of issues with this new release as is to be expected.  

My  ...

What is? The app or the update process? If you're having issues even installing the update it'd be your connectivity to the Apple servers and all apps are hosted by Apple directly.
2015-8-4
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Between the Windows 10 upgrade, a new DJI app and new firmware on both my Inspire and Phantom 3, I'm going to spend the next few weeks in high anxiety debug mode!

When we look back on this decade, I think we'll all laugh at how we spent the second half of it largely upgrading our devices and toys.
2015-8-4
Use props
wesseli
lvl.1

United States

not releasing the Android version of DJI Go  at the same time as the  iOS version is incredibly stupid beyond belief
2015-8-4
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

pr0xyfl00d3r.20 Posted at 2015-8-5 03:12

Hi pr0xy
In the instruction, it has said that if you can't update the RC through the app then update it by usb (just for this time)
Have you tried usb?

Regards
Hung Dang
2015-8-4
Use props
ernie.magicomp
New

Hungary

pr0xyfl00d3r.20 Posted at 2015-8-5 03:12

Hi,

My problem is same. The remote controllers could not update.
2015-8-4
Use props
kneverett
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-8-5 04:01

My  ...

Frankly, I expect every update to go flawlessly.  The more tolerant the customers are to poor quality control the less likely DJI is to get their act in gear.

We develop and deploy software exclusively for internal use at our company.  Yet we have practices and procedures in place to ensure that every single deployment goes flawlessly.  We spend thousands of dollars on testing and retesting both the new features, conversion of data structures and the deployment process.  Well over 95% of our deployments are flawless.  Those that have issues are tackled within hours or days - not weeks or months.

I suppose DJI does not see the point of putting effort into ensure smooth updates, since the hassle (and cost) it creates is mostly for the customer and the few DJI employees that guard the gate.
2015-8-4
Use props
tomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3788478 ft
Australia

I having the same issue 2 second remote updated by main remote will not update . i just get a red solid light on the RC . also tried cable from camera to RC but no luck
2015-8-4
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

i updated my brand new rc unit to the latest firmware with no problems using the usb stick.  it took about 15 minutes i think.
2015-8-4
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-8-5 06:20
What is? The app or the update process? If you're having issues even installing the update it'd be ...

Cant see how it is Apple fault.  The DJI Go app has been trying to download since last night.  I have switched off the iPad totally left over night then switched on again today only for it to simply show a circle with a square box in it apparently indicating that it is updating, but nothing is happening.  

Surely this update on the iPad would only take minutes.  All other updates on my iPad completed ok.

Do we need to upgrade the Controller first for the new DJI Go app to install ???  
The help files indicate that the DJI Go App must be version 1.2 before updating .  Can anyone at DJI clarify this.  Should this not read the current DJI Pilot app should be version 1.2 before updating the controller
2015-8-5
Use props
tangokilo2011
New
Flight distance : 268235 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem. Aircraft updated, no problem but the RC just doesn't want to know. Tried it through DJI go and it says that I can't do it this way and then when trying a usb stick I get nothing whatsoever. Anyone any suggestions as I don't have much hair left as it is.....
Thanks
2015-8-5
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Not to confuse anyone I have updated aircraft and all batteries and the controller, all successfully.  

The problem I am experiencing is the actual new DJI Go app, which simply does not want to download for some reason.

2015-8-5
Use props
ErniE76
New

Hungary

ernie.magicomp Posted at 2015-8-5 11:04
Hi,

My problem is same. The remote controllers could not update.

Hey Guys,

We finished with ANOTHER pendrive. Everything is OK.   
2015-8-5
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

GB44 Posted at 2015-8-5 16:44
Cant see how it is Apple fault.  The DJI Go app has been trying to download since last night.  I ha ...

It's possible that you've successfully downloaded the app and the app is having a hard time actually installing on your iPad; if this is the case it's usually because you have insufficient free space and the iPad is unable to migrate your user data (saved images, videos, preferences) to the new application folder.

So I'd check:
- How much storage DJI Pilot is using.
- If you have at least that much storage left so you can install the update (before the old version is deleted).
2015-8-5
Use props
wesseli
lvl.1

United States

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-8-5 12:16
i updated my brand new rc unit to the latest firmware with no problems using the usb stick.  it took ...

I think you will notice that after v1.3 ...USB update is not supported which sucks if you have wired internet
2015-8-5
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-8-6 01:34
It's possible that you've successfully downloaded the app and the app is having a hard time actual ...

No had nothing to do with space I have 100GB or so.

I have now managed to install the new iOS app by downloading the app on my Mac computer first then syncing the iPad in iTunes.  It would simply not update via the iPad directly and there was more than sufficient free space, internet connection was also all good.  I guess its a bug !!!!!!
2015-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules