Aircraft Management or switching aircraft/drones
851 7 2022-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

I have a new DJI Smart Controller with the latest firmware, a Mavic 2 Zoom and a Mavic Mini 2 (MM2), both aircraft have the latest firmware, I linked the MM2 first and flew it without issues then I linked the Mavic 2 Zoom (M2Z). I can power off then on and the current aircraft shows it connects in the Aircraft Management screen
BUT
After flying the M2Z every time I click the MM2 Icon in Aircraft Management it switches but can not connect, I have to Add Device, select Mavic Mini 2 the previous name shows up then I have to press the power button on the MM2 to link, it gets connected and as long as I do not fly the M2Z I can power cycle the MM2 and connect without issues.

Is anyone else having issues switching between aircraft?

2022-7-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep,  same here,  1 in 50 attempts to connect will work but I found it more reliable to just repair each time.   A bit disappointing but its quick enough.
2022-7-10
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-10 23:16
Yep,  same here,  1 in 50 attempts to connect will work but I found it more reliable to just repair each time.   A bit disappointing but its quick enough.

I have since found another Mavic forum where users with Air / Air 2 / Air 2S have the issues, to me this isn't 'disappointing' it is the nail in the coffin after the DJI Smart Controller manual and power adapter issues.
2022-7-11
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Well . . .  first I have Mavic Air2 and Mini2, with Smart Controller and all updated.  When I go into the screen and pick the craft, then the little window comes up saying to switch, I  pick CANCEL, and everything works fine.  Started trying that after seeing that pesky little window come up so many times.  Also, when you FIRST start up the craft and RC give them a minute or two to find each other, and sometimes they will hook-up without any help.  Give this a try.
2022-7-11
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

WaterMaster Posted at 7-11 09:16
I have since found another Mavic forum where users with Air / Air 2 / Air 2S have the issues, to me this isn't 'disappointing' it is the nail in the coffin after the DJI Smart Controller manual and power adapter issues.

Smart Controller manual 1.8 is the latest one I can find here.  SO MUCH has changed, we DO need an update, at the least of the Smart Controller Manual.
2022-7-11
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

The Mini 2 and the Mavic 2 run on different modes. When switching between the two aircraft, the smart controller “boots” between these modes.

Mini 2 -> M2P
If I was flying with my Mini 2 and want to switch to the M2P, I stop/kill the Fly app and go to the aircraft management page. There I select my M2P and after a few seconds, the Smart Controller and M2P are connected. I open the Go4 app and off I go.

M2P -> Mini 2
Switching from the M2P to the Mini 2 requires additional steps. I stop/kill the Go4 app and go to the aircraft management page. There I select "Add Device" and then the Mini 2. Once the controller starts beeping, I hit the cancel button. This will bring me back to the aircraft management page. There I select my Mini 2 and the devices connect within a few seconds. I open the Fly app and off I go.
2022-7-11
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

MeAtHome Posted at 7-11 22:05
The Mini 2 and the Mavic 2 run on different modes. When switching between the two aircraft, the smart controller “boots” between these modes.

Mini 2 -> M2P

You truly have it all down!
2022-7-12
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

MeAtHome Posted at 7-11 22:05
The Mini 2 and the Mavic 2 run on different modes. When switching between the two aircraft, the smart controller “boots” between these modes.

Mini 2 -> M2P

When I turn the SC on I get the start-up screen and with no aircraft active a Connect box in the bottom left with a constantly changing background image. Had I powered up the last aircraft I had flown BEFORE powering up the SC, the SC would have shown the name of the aircraft and instead of Connect the text would have been Go. If I power up the aircraft AFTER the SC it will connect to the SC and the Connect text will change to Go. Pressing Go launches what ever app is associated with the active aircraft, DJI GO 4, DJI FLY, or DJI Pilot.
By looking at Settings/Aircraft Management I can find what the 'Default' aircraft currently is, the image to the far left. Your 'work-around of "ADD/Cancel/Select"  saves the wasted time of re-linking the MM2, again and again and again etc...

In my day we would have a 'planning' meeting where everyone decided the 'flow' of a process:
Power on
Active screen showing active aircraft or no active aircraft until one was powered on
Button to launch what ever app to fly the active aircraft
That the process can not detect and 'switch' to what ever the active aircraft is would be a show stopper.
That the company would allow this and NOT bother to document it is sad, the man hours wasted and frustration caused does no one a favor. At one point in this process I was getting ready to send my MM2 in for warranty repair, the sad thing is they would have probably taken it.
2022-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules