727 7 2022-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177408 ft
Ireland

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with using the Calibration utility on DJI Assistant 2 for the Mini3 Pro yet, please?

I am running on a brand new 14 ins. M1(M1 Pro Chip) Macbook Pro and normally use external displays when at home base.

My experience has been that:-
  • DJI Assistant2 does not recognise my system when i try to use the Calibration utility, the issue is that it cannot determine the screen size of my device, and in discussions with DJI support it appears that the software parameter they are expecting to see to determine the screen size does not appear to have been loaded??? they advised getting a new computer?!?!?!  (they can be fairly arrogant at times - it's not our fault)
  • If I use the DJI assistant 2 on my Macbook without the external displays then I can get the calibration utility to load, but trying to actually do the Calibration is almost impossible as they need the Drone fairly close to the screen and on my laptop and like most others, there is not a great deal of space between the Screen and the Keyboard ( not unless you can tilt the display unit right over and some laptops will not allow that to physically happen, then stand up and orient your self to this new physical configuration) the procedure then requires you to move the drone around into several positions to successfully carry out the calibration, not that I have ever achieved it yet.

I would assume the Laptop issue is the same on the Windows environment, but curious what others think of using this utility, especially those who rely on MAC OSX.

Thanks

JohnW

2022-7-11
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had trouble with my Mavic 2 pro a year or so ago, I may be wrong but I think you need to set the display to 1080p, maybe even 720p. I know I got it to work after changing the display resolution, albeit on a Windows PC.

Good luck.
Screenshot_20220711-113135_Samsung Internet.jpg
2022-7-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JohnW. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. DJI recommends to use a monitor with a size of 14 inches or more, and a curved screen is not supposed to be used. Set the display resolution to the recommended value (usually 14 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 17 inches for 1366*768 or 1280*720; 19 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 22 inches for 1680) *1050 or 1920*1080; 24 inches for 1920*1080 or 1920*1200). Thank you.
2022-7-11
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Ireland

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 7-11 02:30
I had trouble with my Mavic 2 pro a year or so ago, I may be wrong but I think you need to set the display to 1080p, maybe even 720p. I know I got it to work after changing the display resolution, albeit on a Windows PC.

Good luck.

Thanks for the response

I will take a look at that on one of the external displays to see if it make any difference.

Thanks

JohnW
2022-7-11
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-11 02:40
Hello there JohnW. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. DJI recommends to use a monitor with a size of 14 inches or more, and a curved screen is not supposed to be used. Set the display resolution to the recommended value (usually 14 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 17 inches for 1366*768 or 1280*720; 19 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 22 inches for 1680) *1050 or 1920*1080; 24 inches for 1920*1080 or 1920*1200). Thank you.

Stephen,

Noted on screen sizes, but the basic issue here is that to use this utility on a laptop seems rather restrictive based on my observations above.

My real issue is to get it to work on one of the free standing external displays i have, which will make the calibration process infinitely easier to accomplish.

To be honest i raised this with DJI Support over 2 weeks ago and the only comment they have made is get another computer???? Not what i would call constructive.

JohnW
2022-7-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ejwjohn Posted at 7-11 13:40
Stephen,

Noted on screen sizes, but the basic issue here is that to use this utility on a laptop seems rather restrictive based on my observations above.

Hi there JohnW. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information that you have given. These information will be noted and I will forward this matter to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-7-12
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Ireland

Ok,

I have done some further investigative work on this:-
  • To recap I have two external Displays connected to a new 14 ins Macbook Pro with the M1 Pro Chip
  • Display are Samsung 23.5 ins @ 1920 X 1080 and HP 23 ins @ 1920 X 1080.
  • In my home base, I normally operate with both displays on and the MacBook Pro in Clamshell mode so that the Display is not being used.
  • I also operate what MAC OSX call Spaces, which allows the user to define Virtual displays to each physical display (There is obviously a Windows version but i am not aware of its name)
  • I decided to simplify my configuration down to No Spaces and one physical display (HP)
  • I Ran DJI Assistant 2 and I got the error message --- unable to identify display size with an option to insert the size, the error message is unclear as to which size it is looking for the physical screen size or the pixel size, so I inserted 19201080 and it accepted that.
  • Magic I thought I have the initial calibration screen on an external display so now to proceed with the Calibration.
  • Alas.... no such luck everytime I tried to move the Mini3 Pro as instructed by the calibration program I get an error message Movement Error.  and you have to start over, which i tried but the exact same thing Movement error on the very first move instruction.
  • The good news is that DJI Assistant 2 appears to have remembered the screen size parameter i input and it no longer asks for that info ....
  • Also i am back at my full configuration of two dispalys connected and Spaces configured the only thing i have ensured is that DJI Assistant operats on the Primary Display and within Sapce 1 on that Primary display and it appears to be OK, execpt this last Movement error issue.

I have taken a screen shot of my results and have sent to DJI Support...hopefully i can get a response now.

Just thought you would like to know what is happening...

JohnW
2022-7-14
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Ireland

Hello,

An update to this thread.

DJI wanted me to send back the Mini 3 Pro to check it out which i did, as there were 2 separate support requests, this one and another associated with the screen "going Black" when selecting Video mode using the Mini 3 Pro on the new RC Controller.

They replaced the Mini 3 Pro with a new unit and asked me to try and replicate the issues using the new Mini 3 Pro, sorry to have to report that the Calibration issue with this new unit is exactly the same as it was previously.

Thanks
JohnW
2022-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules