drone flown away
1059 22 2022-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vasilios.mikros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13793 ft
Belgium

Hello, I have a bad experience with Mavic 2 Pro. I was flying on the beach and suddendly the drone started flying away towards the sea and it finally crahsed into the sea.
The team support claims that it was a wind that caused the crash, but I don't believe that because during the first two minutes I could easily control the drone, there was not a visible change in weather conditions to cause uncontrolled behaviour of the drone.
They claim that they could provide a replacement if the drone would be on warranty. This is very dissapointing. Does it mean that after two years the drone is a piece of plastic?

My flight records here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by5hqTZqiNk
2022-7-11
Use props
vasilios.mikros
lvl.1
Belgium

#mavic2procrash
2022-7-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wind conditions can be unpredictable and it's not impossible that your drone was carried off by gusts that you could not detect at ground level.  If you post your Flight Log here one of the tech savvy forum users will probably pop up and help you understand what happened.
2022-7-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Best to get help/advise is to share your flightlog for this issue

use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Post the uploaded link on here.

cheers
JJB
2022-7-11
Use props
vasilios.mikros
lvl.1
Belgium

You can check my flight records on video (two shots are included) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by5hqTZqiNk
2022-7-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go to the page JJB suggests, read the instruction on the page, follow them, upload the log to the page and post the resulting URL here and then maybe you will get answers.
2022-7-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

vasilios.mikros@gmail.com Posted at 7-11 13:03
You can check my flight records on video (two shots are included) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by5hqTZqiNk

You can check my flight records on video
No ... if you want answers, you need to provide actual data, not a video of something.
Post your flight data and you'll get help to confirm whether DJI's analysis is correct or not and a better explanation of what happened in the incident.
2022-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the issue. We will forward your concerns to the corresponding team. We noticed that our support is following up on your case and has replied to your email, please have a look. Hope you understand that since your drone is out of warranty, data analysis will be charged if you want to apply for analysis.
2022-7-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

vasilios.mikros@gmail.com Posted at 7-11 13:03
You can check my flight records on video (two shots are included) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by5hqTZqiNk

nice video wich most likely explain what happend...

Seeing your drone into RTH and drifting backwards, so flying against the wind and did not win this battle
Increasing height was not that smart to do....99% = higher altitude = more wind.

But flightlog is needed to do a proper analysis.

cheers
JJB
2022-7-12
Use props
fansd0d5d602
lvl.1
Belgium

The team support requires 50€ to analyse my flight records. So, the support is not for free.
2022-7-12
Use props
fansd0d5d602
lvl.1
Belgium

JJB* Posted at 7-12 00:59
nice video wich most likely explain what happend...

Seeing your drone into RTH and drifting backwards, so flying against the wind and did not win this battle

The drone started flying away and increasing the hight on its own. I started correcting the hight later.This is not to deny the fact that the wind on the altitude of 100 maters was strong. But I lost controle of the drone on the hight of 8 meters at the beach. If it could fly against the wind in the cinematic mode, at least it would have to resist the wind in the sport mode instead of flying 40-60 kmh in the direction of the wind.
The incident happend following the firmware update. I found many other cases of crash that happened after the firmware update. So the conclusion is apparent but DJI is not willing to accept its error, it wants us to buy new drone. I cannot rely on DJI anymore. No new drone from DJI in coming years.  
2022-7-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansd0d5d602 Posted at 7-12 01:24
The drone started flying away and increasing the hight on its own. I started correcting the hight later.This is not to deny the fact that the wind on the altitude of 100 maters was strong. But I lost controle of the drone on the hight of 8 meters at the beach. If it could fly against the wind in the cinematic mode, at least it would have to resist the wind in the sport mode instead of flying 40-60 kmh in the direction of the wind.
The incident happend following the firmware update. I found many other cases of crash that happened after the firmware update. So the conclusion is apparent but DJI is not willing to accept its error, it wants us to buy new drone. I cannot rely on DJI anymore. No new drone from DJI in coming years.

well   if you do not share your flightlog.....no one can help you....
so odds are against you...

cheers
JJB
2022-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd0d5d602 Posted at 7-12 01:22
The team support requires 50€ to analyse my flight records. So, the support is not for free.

According to our after-sales policy, data analysis service will not be provided for free after warranty expiration. For more details, please refer to: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav
2022-7-12
Use props
fansd0d5d602
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-12 02:16
According to our after-sales policy, data analysis service will not be provided for free after warranty expiration. For more details, please refer to: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav

I have lost an entire drone most probably due to an error of the new firmware.
I am not ready to pay 50€ for the basic service in addition to my loss.
It is very unfair. My confidence in the DJI service is shattered.
2022-7-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansd0d5d602 Posted at 7-13 02:44
I have lost an entire drone most probably due to an error of the new firmware.
I am not ready to pay 50€ for the basic service in addition to my loss.
It is very unfair. My confidence in the DJI service is shattered.

We are greatly sorry to hear about that. We will forward your feedback to our team and keep you updated. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-7-13
Use props
fansd0d5d602
lvl.1
Belgium

Eventually DJI decided to make a data analysis free of charge. The quality of the analysis is a big disappointment.
It simply says that at time 2:07 the warning of “High wind velocity. Fly with caution and land in a safe place ASAP” appeared. So, their conclusion is that it is a pilot's error.
Did I ignore this warning? No. The drone immediately flew away. And they know that.
Besides, the analysis simply states wind-resistance capacity - 10m/s without even trying to prove that I was flying beyond the limit.   
The fact that the drone was flying during the first two minutes approves that it could resist the wind. And I have not noticed a drastic change in wind speed that would cause flyaway.
It is my assumption that the flyaway was caused by a firmware error. The other cases of crash of DJI drones confirm that drones can act unpredictably in perfect weather conditions. I was proposed 15% discount for a new drone, but I am not ready to pay over 1000 euros for the error of DJI.

2022-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd0d5d602 Posted at 7-19 03:20
Eventually DJI decided to make a data analysis free of charge. The quality of the analysis is a big disappointment.
It simply says that at time 2:07 the warning of “High wind velocity. Fly with caution and land in a safe place ASAP” appeared. So, their conclusion is that it is a pilot's error.
Did I ignore this warning? No. The drone immediately flew away. And they know that.

As we explained above, since your drone is out of warranty, we are unable to provide free service. As for the data analysis result, as our team explained in the email, it's not recommended to use the drone in severe weather conditions including wind speeds exceeding 10m/s. Please pay attention to the flight environment during the flight. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-7-20
Use props
D-Rock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 350167 ft
United States

Good day ge gentlemen,  can anyone help me with my camera freeze? When I shoot in 4k the camera freezes the very second, I Tao that record button. The second I end the live recording the camera goes back to normal. I can view what I recorded the second I put my sd card in my laptop. When I record in 1080 the camera works just fine when I start the recording. I'm new to DJI, this is my first mini 2 drone I ever owned by them. Thanks guys very much appreciate it
2022-7-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

D-Rock Posted at 7-23 09:39
Good day ge gentlemen,  can anyone help me with my camera freeze? When I shoot in 4k the camera freezes the very second, I Tao that record button. The second I end the live recording the camera goes back to normal. I can view what I recorded the second I put my sd card in my laptop. When I record in 1080 the camera works just fine when I start the recording. I'm new to DJI, this is my first mini 2 drone I ever owned by them. Thanks guys very much appreciate it

Hi, there. We have replied to you in this post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=269989 Could you please check? And if there is anything else that we can help with, please just feel free to contact us. Thank you!
2022-7-23
Use props
fansd0d5d602
lvl.1
Belgium

Is DJI reliable?

DJI does not replace drone even if the crash was caused by firmware's error.
The customer services made a data analysis of my crash but to my disappointment it shows nothing but the warning I have received and the moment I pressed RTH. The analysis  is silent about the fact that the drone flew away (=bacame uncontrollable) immediately after the warning appeared. So, they say: here is your error. To claim that there was a pilot's error one should argue. Did I ignore the warning? No. Does the data analysis confirm that the wind speed was higher than 40km/h? No. As several published tests on wind resistance confirm that the drone can resist even a higher wind speed, and this kind of warning doesn't mean that the drone is out of control. The drone continues resisting the wind up to 60 km/h.
In my understanding, the data analysis is unable or unwilling to identify the actual cause of fly away.
I posed two simple questions which have been ignored: If the drone would be under warranty, what would be the response of DJI?
If it is unsafe to fly when the drone is out of warranty, this implies that the drone has value only for two years?  

2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansd0d5d602 Posted at 7-27 08:00
Is DJI reliable?

DJI does not replace drone even if the crash was caused by firmware's error.

Hello, there.  Sorry for your inconvenience. As DJI Mindy said above, free warranty service is available when it is under warranty period and the damage caused by non-pilot errors.
You may refer to the link or picture below for more details: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?from=store_footer

Also, we have stipulated in the User Manual, too. We do not recommend flying in strong wind weather or other extreme weather. Please land the aircraft immediately when you received an alert or warning message.

2022-7-27
Use props
fansd0d5d602
lvl.1
Belgium

My questions are - first, what to do when the warranty (2 years) expires, the drone losses its value and DJI ceases to  assume responsibility for non-pilot's error?
Second, why DJI claims that the crush was caused by a pilot's error without providing any proof?
2022-7-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansd0d5d602 Posted at 7-28 02:47
My questions are - first, what to do when the warranty (2 years) expires, the drone losses its value and DJI ceases to  assume responsibility for non-pilot's error?
Second, why DJI claims that the crush was caused by a pilot's error without providing any proof?

First, the components and performance of an electronic product will naturally decay over time even if it is not used after purchasing. This will result in the failure of some functions or some components when the decay reaches a certain level. As such, a damaged component needs to be repaired or replaced before usage. To specify, the responsible person for the after-sales maintenance, the state has issued related laws and set up the corresponding warranty period for electronic products. All electronic products on the market have a warranty period. If an issue occurs within the warranty period, the manufacturer is to bear the maintenance fees. If an issue occurs outside the warranty period, the manufacturer will charge repair fees based on certain costs.
Second, we believe our teams have already sent you the data analysis result. Based on your case, we would suggest users lower the aircraft and RTH as soon as possible for the discrepancy in wind speed from the ground and sky.
2022-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules