Sell my Mavic 2 Pro for a Mini 3?
1211 6 2022-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Erik_NL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3212 ft
Netherlands

Hi guys, I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

I love to travel and that's basically what I use my Mavic 2 Pro the most for. I use the drone 99% of the time for aerial photography.
As you all know, regulations are making it harder and harder to use it. I just heard about the DJI Mini 3 and hope that the 249gr will
kill most of the hurdles you run in to when taking it abroad and wanting to take some pictures. I'm tempted to sell my Mavic 2 Pro
and buy this Mini 3.

I wanted to ask you guys: what do you think? In my situation, is this a smart thing to do or am I really downgrading on image quality here?

Thanks for your feedback!

Kind regards,
Erik
2022-7-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have both Mini 3 and M2P and there will be times when the M2P is still my goto especially for range or strong wind conditions.  That said the image and video quality on the Mini3 is superb and the video feed to the DJI RC is much clearer and easier to see.        
As for a downgrade,  you'll only see it if you pixel peep.
2022-7-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Erik. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference, I will post a DJI Link where in you can compare the specifications of the DJI Mini 3 Pro to the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and to other DJI consumer drone ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Thank you for your valued support.

2022-7-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To Erik_NL, what sort of places do you fly or like to fly urban, rural, middle of nowhere?  To what countries do you like to travel?
2022-7-13
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mini 3 sounded so attractive for the reasons you stated. Keeping Mavic 2 Pro and excellent Smart Controller is the final decision. It isn't for any weight or technical reason. It simply came down to so many places to fly are restricted no matter the weight.

Much of the reason is all the Mavic 2 Pro kit is in good shape. The propellers were recently replaced after 100+ flights. DJI replaced 2 batteries 8 months ago and the 3rd battery this past week. As long as there are no crashes or flyaways* this drone should be good for another 3 years.

* A personal mantra from an instructor whilst taking pilot training has stuck. "There are bold pilots and old pilots but no old bold pilots.
2022-7-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd keep both.. It's what I've done
2022-7-13
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

Hi, I decided to keep M2P. I took the A2 exam, and until 01.01.2024 the restrictive regulation is hung, so until this time I can fly more freely. As I know DJI there will be issued a newer drone (for sure AND totally forget about a three years old product, spare parts are only int the tales)), so I have almost one and a half year to decide. Honestly I love M2P, for my purpose it is more than enough. FW is stable, I have no probs for a while.
2022-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules