New Mini 3 Pro battery flat on delivery
2941 13 2022-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi
And a question for you more knowledgeable chaps on here.
I just received a brand new spare DJI Mini 3 Pro battery from Amazon, all properly packaged and sealed correctly.
The only odd thing is that the battery was showing no charge what so ever when I plugged it into the drone for the initial full/top up charge.
Question: Should I be alarmed ?
Or are these batteries sent out or can be sent uncharged or very low charge when not part of a package ?
Thank you in advance
2022-7-13
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Seems odd to have no charge as lipo batteries can become unstable at low voltage

All of my batteries including fly more were part charged when received

Probably worth keeping an eye on it
2022-7-13
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 7-13 11:09
Seems odd to have no charge as lipo batteries can become unstable at low voltage

All of my batteries including fly more were part charged when received

Thank you.

I just fully charged it and little test flight, seems ok......I have also just logged a call with DJI and I will ask the official line.
2022-7-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They need waking up by charging BEFORE they will do any thing.
from page 7 of the manual "2. All Intelligent Flight Batteries are in hibernation mode before shipment to ensure safety. Connect the USB charger to the USB-C port on the aircraft to charge and activate the Intelligent Flight Batteries for the first time."
Have you read the manual?
2022-7-13
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-13 11:20
They need waking up by charging BEFORE they will do any thing.
from page 7 of the manual "2. All Intelligent Flight Batteries are in hibernation mode before shipment to ensure safety. Connect the USB charger to the USB-C port on the aircraft to charge and activate the Intelligent Flight Batteries for the first time."
Have you read the manual?

Funny enough, I just read the same.

I suppose it's just from previous experience and even when the new drone arrived or the P4 etc, the batteries always had a partial charge.

I go with what the manual states, it might have been worded better if it stated that the battery will in certain instances show zero charge or no lights, but this is normal.

Thanks
2022-7-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

im curious how you knew there was no charge on the battery?  if it has to be awaken, will it show "nothing" on the drone when inserted?  how can you use the drone itself as an indicator whether there is a charge on a battery or not especially if the battery is brand new?  i understand other batteries have shown signs of life in other drones but so far it is unknown for the mini 3 pro, yeah?
2022-7-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KEJ Posted at 7-13 11:36
.......it might have been worded better if it stated that the battery will in certa........
I would certainly agree that there is poor phrasing in quite a few DJI manuals especially as they are instructions for the uninitiated as well the experienced.
2022-7-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KEJ. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For reference all DJI Intelligent Flight Batteries are in hibernation mode before shipment to ensure safety. Kindly please connect the USB charger to the USB-C port on the DJI Mini 3 Pro to charge and to activate the DJI Mini 3 Pro's Intelligent Flight Batteries for the first time. Thank you.
2022-7-13
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-13 20:01
Hello there KEJ. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For reference all DJI Intelligent Flight Batteries are in hibernation mode before shipment to ensure safety. Kindly please connect the USB charger to the USB-C port on the DJI Mini 3 Pro to charge and to activate the DJI Mini 3 Pro's Intelligent Flight Batteries for the first time. Thank you.

Stephen hi

Thanks for replying.

Yes I did and all appears to be well, it was just from previous experience I was expecting to see one or two green light indicators.

However, if you are saying that batteries are shipped with a potentially small charge, but due to being in hibernation mode this would not be apparent, then all is fine.

I was just unsure and thats why the forum is handy for people like me to ask questions.

Thanks
2022-7-13
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-13 12:10
I would certainly agree that there is poor phrasing in quite a few DJI manuals especially as they are instructions for the uninitiated as well the experienced.

Thanks for replying.

2022-7-13
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-13 11:49
im curious how you knew there was no charge on the battery?  if it has to be awaken, will it show "nothing" on the drone when inserted?  how can you use the drone itself as an indicator whether there is a charge on a battery or not especially if the battery is brand new?  i understand other batteries have shown signs of life in other drones but so far it is unknown for the mini 3 pro, yeah?

Hi

Thanks for replying.

I didn't stick a multi-meter on it and the chances are if it was in hibernation mode, it might well have appeared to be dead.

So when the battery was initially inserted into the drone and a quick button press, I was just basing it on no green green lights or visual indicators that I have previously had on batteries on my P2, P4 and now the Mini 3 when they arrived.

But yes I agree with you, hopefully as it was in sleep mode, no issues here.......
2022-7-13
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just back from fairly decent walk and a flight along the way and all is as expected.
2022-7-14
Use props
beamerbuilder1-sp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2015899 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received a new Mini 3 Pro Battery from UPS from DJI. No lights right out of the box. Plugged it in to the charger to awaken from hibernation mode and nothing two hours later. It doesn’t appear to be charging at all. Never had this issue before. Anyone have any ideals? Thanks
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

beamerbuilder1-sp Posted at 9-30 10:01
I just received a new Mini 3 Pro Battery from UPS from DJI. No lights right out of the box. Plugged it in to the charger to awaken from hibernation mode and nothing two hours later. It doesn’t appear to be charging at all. Never had this issue before. Anyone have any ideals? Thanks

"Hi, beamerbuilder1-sp. Sorry about the troubles you're experiencing. can you please follow the steps below?
1. Ensure that the charging temperature range for the intelligent flight battery is within the required range;5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
2. Ensure that an official charging cable and power adapter are provided and that the external power supply is normal.
3. Try to replace the battery if you have an extra to see if the charger is working normally.
4. Please replace the charger if possible.
Please reply back if the issue persists so we can assist you further.
2023-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules