1. Added option to downgrade the aircraft firmware.
4925 13 2015-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wesseli
lvl.1

United States

HOW DO YOU DO THIS ?

2015-8-4
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

why do you do this?
Scary thought that this option exists as I would like to trust that the latest firmware it's 100% ironed out.
2015-8-4
Use props
wesseli
lvl.1

United States

lets put it this way I had perfectly functioning system yesterday ....
the fact that is totally inexplicable is why DJI would release the Apple version of DJI Go and not simply wait to release the Android version at the same time especially on top of the new FW release.
incredibly lame ...
2015-8-4
Use props
bobo81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336473 ft
Australia

Why would a company give you an option to downgrade it's firmware, it just does not make sense!?
"Try our new firmware update, it may be better than our last version, or not!"
2015-8-5
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

Yet another reason to go backwards

I just got everything updated with the latest firmware and everything went well, I just did and Imu calibration, then I also calibrated the compass,I was just about the lift off when I noticed that the radio quality went from good to poor then I got a disconnect. I've been flying this inspire now for about four months and it's been awesome, absolutely no issues whatsoever until today. One very odd thing is that the indicator at the top of the app that indicates level of the radio signal, not the video signal indicator, but the radio signal indicator is showing full bars but I'm still getting getting good to poor messages and then all of a sudden it will disconnect and then reconnect.  I thought I would mention one more thing, after loading the updates on the inspire 1 and the RC controller I was in the app looking around and all of a sudden it crashed the iPad totally rebooted it. The ipad that I'm using is the latest air with 128 gigs  with the cellular radio in it.  It hasn't crashed since it rebooted.

At this point I  guess I'm going to have stopt flying until I can get some more information about what's happening, just a little unnerving.
I guess I'll try and call DJI or get on the chat and see if maybe they have any ideas.  Fingers and toes crossed

Thanks for any ideas you guys may have

RK
2015-8-5
Use props
priitk
New

Estonia

I have failed to upgrade firmware, so i need to downgrade. How to do it?
2015-8-5
Use props
kneverett
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

bobo81@y7mail.c Posted at 2015-8-5 20:55
Why would a company give you an option to downgrade it's firmware, it just does not make sense!?
"T ...

Reverting to a previous version is the cheap mans version of quality control.  Rather than investing in good development practices they have provided an escape hatch so you can get out when THEY screw up.
2015-8-5
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

bobo81@y7mail.c Posted at 2015-8-5 20:55
"T ...

you new here?  Virtually every release of firmware to date has introduce major bugs, broken features, added more GPS no fly zones, removed video channels from 32 down to only 8 as well as removing the ability to pick a custom video channel, bugs like intermittently and frequently losing gps signal lock, causing the inspire to spin in nearly a full circle while attempting a very minute course change while flying at full speed, causing your battery percentage toinstantly drop from 100%-0% resulting in your inspire shutting off and crashing, or the version that killed video transmission range to only around 20 meters.

Probably a million more bugs/problems as well, it seems like they just rush them out with zero quality control or beta testing.  I know ive swore off updating until theyve been out for a while and other people are the guinea pig testers cause id rather not be stuck with a buggy crap version unable to fly for months until the next one comes out and hopefully fixes that issue but likely causes a new one, the ability to downgrade to previously working firmware shouldve been an ability from the start.  

I hate removal of features and more big brother hobbling cause some people have zero common sense but from what ive seen so far the newest version seems like they did a better job with and I think they actually had it beta tested which would help immensely to release a better product. It looks to implement lots of new stuff.   

Im quite a few versions behind cause i wanted to keep my video channels and custom ability and not have more NFZ restrictions.  Id be much more prone to try the new firmware if i know i can revert to the one im running now whenever I want if i dont like the new version better than what im currently running.

Id also love to hear more about the ability to revert, how to do so and what you can revert too from someone who knows more about it.  Im skeptical that they will let you pick whatever version you want and if they only let you go to the previously released version then its not that great of a feature improvement in my opinion but wouldve still been very beneficial to many people dealing with major issues in previously released versions.  If they keep beta testing before release it will lessen the need for this feature as they should find and fix all major issues before release but  i want full control to use whatever version i desire, maybe im weird but i like being in full control of my stuff, especially stuff that costs thousands of dollars, lol.
2015-8-5
Use props
burbank.mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 868743 ft
  • >>>
United States

Setting asside all of the discussion on why one would want to do this, can someone tell me how do downgrade firmware from 1.3.0 to Firmware v1.2.1.06?

At this point, my aircraft, remotes, camera, and batteries are all at 1.3.0. I'm on android and therefore using DJI Pilot and not DJI Go.

Is the procedure to simply install the Firmware v1.2.1.06 bin file on the micro SD card and restart the aircraft all it's going to take?
2015-8-8
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

burbank.mac Posted at 2015-8-8 23:56
Setting asside all of the discussion on why one would want to do this, can someone tell me how do do ...

On another forum, Tahoe Ed said you just put the .bin file on the micro sd card in the camera and turn the I1 on and it should load.....  I haven't tried it.  In the discussion the guy was told to load ver v1.2.1.7 and then try to upgrade to v1.3.0.0.  
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 80074&page=2644
"If the aircraft fails to upgrade, and the log shows the camera module (01 00) fails to upgrade, which causes all the modules are unable to be upgraded, please use the attached firmware V1.2.1.7 to upgrade the camera module, and then upgrade the firmware V1.3.0.0 again."

See if you are having the same camera problem....

2015-8-8
Use props
warheadbr
New

United States

heres some help
http://www.inspirepilots.com/thr ... w-to-reset-rc.4933/

There is another way to get your RC updated with a USB pen-drive.
I have placed a RC reset file on one of my websites, this will restore your RC to factory condition.

The instructions are:
1. First download this RC reset patch file, put it on a USB pen-drive and update the RC with it.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/gs_ofdm.bin

2. Then turn off the RC, reconnect the ipad/android and delete the existing DJI Go App, then download it again and re-install it.

3. Restart the RC and then start the newly installed DJI GO App.

4. When you see the Red Message bar at the top of the App that states NO SIGNAL, swipe down from the message and see the "Upgrade Required" message in the overall status page.
Click the "Upgrade Required" message and in the next section the App will offer to download the latest FW file and install it, click "download FW file" and when it has downloaded, install it.

For those who still receive an "Upgrade Required" warning.
After restarting the RC you might get the "Upgrade Required" message, if so apply this patch file.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/C1_FW_V01.02.0021.bin
2015-10-31
Use props
Capt_M
lvl.2

United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-6 02:25
you new here?  Virtually every release of firmware to date has introduce major bugs, broken featur ...

So which one are you flying?
2015-10-31
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Capt_M Posted at 2015-10-31 23:12
So which one are you flying?

1.2.0.17 firmware version is what im running
2015-11-1
Use props
Capt_M