3046 27 2022-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 504649 ft
  • >>>
United States

So where is the ADS-B receiver?  In the aircraft or the controller?

I wrote about this a week or so ago…. I have not received one single ADS-B (air sense) warning even though I can look at an app like PlaneFinder which shows aircraft that are transmitting ADS-B.  

This is actually my second Mavic 3 Cine.   I bought one on release day but ended up sending it back due to the lack of features.  When I had that one last December I was constantly getting ADS-B warnings.  

On this new unit, I’ve verified that that air sense is turned in (even turned it off then on again) and set it to the highest sensitivity.   Nothing.  Zip.  Nada.
2022-7-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same.  I have not had an ADS-B notifications since this firmware boondoggle got started.
2022-7-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Same with mine. I have complained about it but others tell you its a gimmick. I eventually just gave up on AirSense ever working on the Mavic 3 as it is clear that from the beta FW that DJI was pushing out we cannot have a fast GPS lock and Airsense working together as they are both on the same board and both died after the 0300 Firmware. Dji, it seems had to kill airsense to get GPS working properly which is what alot of us are getting.
2022-7-13
Use props
Gunfighter420
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12516 ft
  • >>>
United States

You guy's are still better off than me. I can't even get mine to stay on. I'll turn it on, click enable go back to flying, check if its still on and nope, it turned off.
2022-7-13
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Same here.... Wizzair have all ADS-B trasmitter, no warnings on drone, even if is set on biggest sensitivity.
2022-7-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 7-13 18:59
Same with mine. I have complained about it but others tell you its a gimmick. I eventually just gave up on AirSense ever working on the Mavic 3 as it is clear that from the beta FW that DJI was pushing out we cannot have a fast GPS lock and Airsense working together as they are both on the same board and both died after the 0300 Firmware. Dji, it seems had to kill airsense to get GPS working properly which is what alot of us are getting.

Airsense works fine, certainly for me it does and the fact its on the same board as the gps which is the same in most dji drones has nothing to do with it. I used in Croatia last week in a fairly busy area of both plane and helicopter use and it gave clear warnings every time. It also worked fine when M3 released as did gps acquisition something did go wrong with that and many said it would never be fixed but it was. It does have its limits especially in countries where it is not yet compulsory for manned aircraft.
2022-7-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 7-13 23:54
Airsense works fine, certainly for me it does and the fact its on the same board as the gps which is the same in most dji drones has nothing to do with it. I used in Croatia last week in a fairly busy area of both plane and helicopter use and it gave clear warnings every time. It also worked fine when M3 released as did gps acquisition something did go wrong with that and many said it would never be fixed but it was. It does have its limits especially in countries where it is not yet compulsory for manned aircraft.

For me there is no peep from Airsense at all. The only way I can see a manned AC is if I open the maps to full screen and zoom out on the maps. The manned AC will go right over head but Airsense still sleeps on my drone. It worked in the beta versions but like I said, Dji had to make a choice.
2022-7-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

When DJI did the firmware update for the RC Pro to work with the 2S and M3 they also turned down the sensitivity on AirSense. Now for it to give a warning, the manned aircraft has to be on a near collision course with your drone. Mine would engage when a MA was 4 or 5 miles out and 10,000' altitude. Now it is really much better only going when MA is really close. Also, in th U.S., many aircraft do not use ADS-B out. Helicopters and non- flight plan craft are not required.  Also some airspace does not require it. Just be especially aware of sound before sight. AirSense does NOT preclude personal responsibility.
2022-7-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 7-14 11:02
For me there is no peep from Airsense at all. The only way I can see a manned AC is if I open the maps to full screen and zoom out on the maps. The manned AC will go right over head but Airsense still sleeps on my drone. It worked in the beta versions but like I said, Dji had to make a choice.

“Dji had to make a choice.”

Thats complete BS, as Mobilehomer said above parameters were changed in FW , its nothing to do with hardware conflict, you spent months getting spurious beta FW of an *** on here spreading all kinds of conspiracies and knocking anyone who didn’t believe the *** being spewed . If Airsense doesn’t work on your M3 then simply use your warranty and quit the BS conspiracies.
2022-7-14
Use props
BladeZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did a test a few weeks ago. I had my air 2S out and ads-b worked great.  Flew the Mavic 3 and nothing.  It worked up until the first fw update after the drone was released but hasn’t worked since that time.
2022-7-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 7-14 13:07
“Dji had to make a choice.”

Thats complete BS, as Mobilehomer said above parameters were changed in FW , its nothing to do with hardware conflict, you spent months getting spurious beta FW of an idiot on here spreading all kinds of conspiracies and knocking anyone who didn’t believe the rubbish being spewed . If Airsense doesn’t work on your M3 then simply use your warranty and quit the BS conspiracies.

Firstly you should mind your tone when replying and stop being so aggressive.  Like i said to you and many times. A manned Aircraft that shows up in Flight Radar and in the Dji Fly app and is flying over my drone directly- is that not on a concern when there is no audible warning etc. I don't want to hear the blah blah blah of i can hear the manned aircraft as this was a feature sold on this drone.
2022-7-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

BladeZ Posted at 7-14 16:17
I did a test a few weeks ago. I had my air 2S out and ads-b worked great.  Flew the Mavic 3 and nothing.  It worked up until the first fw update after the drone was released but hasn’t worked since that time.

I agree, Airsense is stuffed. Maybe Hallmark above has the perfect drone because while all others had GPS issues his drone was perfect, just like now- he has perfect Airsense.
2022-7-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-14 11:21
When DJI did the firmware update for the RC Pro to work with the 2S and M3 they also turned down the sensitivity on AirSense. Now for it to give a warning, the manned aircraft has to be on a near collision course with your drone. Mine would engage when a MA was 4 or 5 miles out and 10,000' altitude. Now it is really much better only going when MA is really close. Also, in th U.S., many aircraft do not use ADS-B out. Helicopters and non- flight plan craft are not required.  Also some airspace does not require it. Just be especially aware of sound before sight. AirSense does NOT preclude personal responsibility.

I have tested my drone at numerous location with manned aircrafts at under 500 meters from my drone. Shows up in Flight Radar and if i open the Fly App but no warnings nothing. We dont need the Airsense to work if we are flying around under 1 or 2km because we can hear the manned crafts but some fly far and that's when this safety warnings should be working. You cannot hear a Helicopter if you are 10 or 12km away from your drone and the Helicopter is fast approaching your drone from the opposite direction.
2022-7-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 7-14 17:38
Firstly you should mind your tone when replying and stop being so aggressive.  Like i said to you and many times. A manned Aircraft that shows up in Flight Radar and in the Dji Fly app and is flying over my drone directly- is that not on a concern when there is no audible warning etc. I don't want to hear the blah blah blah of i can hear the manned aircraft as this was a feature sold on this drone.

Again more BS read what I wrote, I never said your Airsense was not working, but you post these **** conspiracies which are without any foundation or proof except second hand information from an ***who continually posted ** and lies and was encouraged and backed up by you.
This is simple many M3 have Airsense working fine, if yours is not ship it back under warranty and quit with the conspiracies unless you can show us how Airsense being on the same board as gps is buckling it for a few and not all.
And your snide comments above are typical of the **** you posted with your friend including denigrating many others here who didn’t agree with you.
2022-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 7-14 17:42
I have tested my drone at numerous location with manned aircrafts at under 500 meters from my drone. Shows up in Flight Radar and if i open the Fly App but no warnings nothing. We dont need the Airsense to work if we are flying around under 1 or 2km because we can hear the manned crafts but some fly far and that's when this safety warnings should be working. You cannot hear a Helicopter if you are 10 or 12km away from your drone and the Helicopter is fast approaching your drone from the opposite direction.

“but some fly far and that's when this safety warnings should be working. You cannot hear a Helicopter if you are 10 or 12km away from your drone and the Helicopter is fast approaching your drone from the opposite direction.”

Probably the most nonsensical post on this thread. You live and fly in a country that does not have compulsory ADSB, yet you’re happy to fly 10/12 km away if you have ADSB. So its ok if you cause an accident with a manned aircraft from 10/12km that doesn’t have ADSB so long as you can see those aircraft that do have ADSB.
You’re not happy your ADSB is only half working but you are happy to only be half aware of manned aircraft.

I wonder how many aircraft pilots who would be happy to know that you fly 10/12km BVLOS, but they are mostly fine because you have ADSB.

I think if dji decided to use your logic to put ADSB in their drones then god help us all.

And remember a helicopter never fast approaches a drone, helicopter pilots expect they’re no drones in their flight path.
2022-7-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 7-15 00:28
Again more BS read what I wrote, I never said your Airsense was not working, but you post these ridiculous conspiracies which are without any foundation or proof except second hand information from an idiot who continually posted rubbish and lies and was encouraged and backed up by you.
This is simple many M3 have Airsense working fine, if yours is not ship it back under warranty and quit with the conspiracies unless you can show us how Airsense being on the same board as gps is buckling it for a few and not all.
And your snide comments above are typical of the rubbish you posted with your friend including denigrating many others here who didn’t agree with you.

Again I tell you to mind your tone. Maybe you are missing Sam so much. Go see him, he lives near you. Maybe you guys are good mates now LOL
2022-7-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 7-15 01:54
“but some fly far and that's when this safety warnings should be working. You cannot hear a Helicopter if you are 10 or 12km away from your drone and the Helicopter is fast approaching your drone from the opposite direction.”

How I fly has nothing to do with you nor Dji. I fly the advertised distance and the advertised Features should work not a half baked feature. Also do not respond to my comments to others, I guess you forgot the warning you got publicly because I had complained about you because of nonsense replies like this. Maybe you need another reminder.
2022-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 7-15 11:47
How I fly has nothing to do with you nor Dji. I fly the advertised distance and the advertised Features should work not a half baked feature. Also do not respond to my comments to others, I guess you forgot the warning you got publicly because I had complained about you because of nonsense replies like this. Maybe you need another reminder.

Don’t be so ignorant if you don’t want anyone to comment on what you post “Don’t post” and its typical of you you post *** but when tasked with its ridiculousness you have no answers.

I think you’ll find you friend and instigator was banned over 30 times , yet you had no comment on any of that.
2022-7-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 7-15 12:19
Don’t be so ignorant if you don’t want anyone to comment on what you post “Don’t post” and its typical of you you post rubbish but when tasked with its ridiculousness you have no answers.

I think you’ll find you friend and instigator was banned over 30 times , yet you had no comment on any of that.

Maybe I should tell Sam you miss him hence you always keep making reference to him
2022-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 7-15 11:44
Again I tell you to mind your tone. Maybe you are *** so much. Go see him, he lives near you. Maybe you guys are good mates now LOL

There is nothing wrong with my tone, your ignorance knows no bounds, you’re making an ** of yourself , saying stupid things “like you need ADSB to fly safely 10/12 km away. That’s *** and does nothing for anyone in this hobby or profession.

You were completely wrong about GPS being a hardware problem and it looks like the same with ADSB. If I didn’t know better I’d be thinking you’re just a troll…
2022-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 7-15 12:21
Maybe I should tell Sam you miss him hence you always keep making reference to him

Quit with the *** answers, try answering the substances of the posts.
2022-7-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 7-15 12:29
There is nothing wrong with my tone, your ignorance knows no bounds, you’re making an *** of yourself , saying stupid things “like you need ADSB to fly safely 10/12 km away. That’s *** and does nothing for anyone in this hobby or profession.

You were completely wrong about GPS being a hardware problem and it looks like the same with ADSB. If I didn’t know better I’d be thinking you’re just a troll…

I know you are***, he will be back soon. Relax, put your feet up.
2022-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 7-15 12:31
I know you are missing Sam, he will be back soon. Relax, put your feet up.

Again the troll has no answers. I think Mobilehomer was right about one thing and it doesn’t apply to you. Thats responsibility “you have none” remember it was you that spent your time licking up to the banned *** and enabling the *** to do exactly what you are now carrying on at here.
Goodbye troll…
2022-7-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 7-15 12:37
Again the troll has no answers. I think Mobilehomer was right about one thing and it doesn’t apply to you. Thats responsibility “you have none” remember it was you that spent your time licking up to the banned *** and enabling the fool to do exactly what you are now carrying on at here.
Goodbye troll…

Good bye. We all know you *** You will be surprised how many on here despise you. I know because I used to get many PM about you, still do. Remember, you started this with your poor, aggressive reply to me.
2022-7-15
Use props
Heiress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4033665 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 7-15 12:42
Good bye. We all know you miss Sam. You will be surprised how many on here despise you. I know because I used to get many PM about you, still do. Remember, you started this with your poor, aggressive reply to me.

You obviously have some beef with him, but he’s 100% correct in what he said in post #18.
2022-7-15
Use props
djiuser_3VNVog4RClkL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111102 ft
United States

BladeZ Posted at 7-14 16:17

Any update on this? I’m using the new RC controller with my Mavic 3, no ADS-B notifications.
2022-12-24
Use props
djiuser_gllSiBVBsQnr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6634721 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 2022-7-13 18:59
Same with mine. I have complained about it but others tell you its a gimmick. I eventually just gave up on AirSense ever working on the Mavic 3 as it is clear that from the beta FW that DJI was pushing out we cannot have a fast GPS lock and Airsense working together as they are both on the same board and both died after the 0300 Firmware. Dji, it seems had to kill airsense to get GPS working properly which is what alot of us are getting.

The Mini 3 Pro doesn't have AirSense. Or is your tag only able to display one drone model?
2023-7-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_gllSiBVBsQnr Posted at 7-27 21:12
The Mini 3 Pro doesn't have AirSense. Or is your tag only able to display one drone model?

Yup, I know the Mini 3 Pro does not have AirSense, this post was about the Mavic 3 not Mini 3
2023-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules