Raw only option mini 3 pro
8503 29 2022-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocSavage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48107 ft
United Kingdom

Is there a raw only option, or am i stuck with Jpeg+Raw only option.
Im not interested in taking jpegs, i would just like the raw files only.
2022-7-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It seems that the only two options are JPEG, and J-RAW (which is both JPEG and RAW)
2022-7-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unless DJI comes out with a firmware change RAW only will not be available.  
2022-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DocSavage. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As posted above the DJI Mini 3 Pro has a JPEG, and J-RAW ( which is both JPEG and RAW ). Thank you.

2022-7-16
Use props
droneXitalia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I also hope in a "RAW Only" option, I don't need JPEGs, plus it might speed up the saving process on the card and reduce the screen freeze even further.
2022-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

I wouldn't need RAW only option
2022-7-17
Use props
denizunlusu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2519062 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Any updates on this? We want RAW ONLY option please.
2022-10-27
Use props
mitchin
New

United States

+1 for RAW only. At the moment that and the inability to turn off navigation lighting are my only complaints with the Mavic Pro 3. If we could get those two features it'd make things so much better for me.
2022-11-3
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Same. I am tired of cleaning out my HDD of jpgs. I don't see why this isn't an option, jpg is a terrible start to edit, especially with a small sensor that reaches posterisation and banding much quicker etc. DJI please do a RAW only option. You can put x3 options in the menu to keep everyone happy - as someone here moaning they wouldn't use it. Some people!

PS raw when shot properly and bracketed, with ETTR is actually pretty good with this camera, with the caveat of being a small sensor.
2022-11-28
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 7-17 03:33
I wouldn't need RAW only option

Bud, I don't need a video option but you don't see me here denying folk the drone's ability to shoot video.
2022-11-28
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

primeshooter Posted at 11-28 14:41
Bud, I don't need a video option but you don't see me here denying folk the drone's ability to shoot video.

but video option is already present
2022-11-29
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 11-29 04:39
but video option is already present

Good lord...i was making a point.
2022-11-29
Use props
RicardoZim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 988323 ft
United States

I have to agree - this is a "pro" level device. There should absolutely be a RAW option only as it is in my Mavic 3. This is a simple firmware update
2023-1-3
Use props
fans21f46d12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129514 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-7-16 21:25
Hello there DocSavage. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As posted above the DJI Mini 3 Pro has a JPEG, and J-RAW ( which is both JPEG and RAW ). Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you Stephen
2023-1-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RicardoZim Posted at 1-3 15:54
I have to agree - this is a "pro" level device. There should absolutely be a RAW option only as it is in my Mavic 3. This is a simple firmware update

Its only Pro in the sense when it is compared to the Mini line, its not actually a drone specifically used for Professional work. Folks keep getting caught up in that mistake.
2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_Yru13rs4IDcN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1233166 ft
Italy

Ah good I’m not the only one asking for this simple option.. why waste time and cpu time to shot both the format when jpeg is useless… let’s hope Dji hear us….
2023-1-12
Use props
cPT.cAPSLOCK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42083 ft

Netherlands

Yea, RAW only would be great. Saves space, saves time (both for the drone to create the jpeg and for me to transfer and delete it afterwards)
2023-1-12
Use props
fans832d8605
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228707 ft
North Macedonia

1+ for RAW only
2023-3-25
Use props
Palliativo
lvl.3

Philippines

+1 for RAW only
2023-3-25
Use props
djiuser_elY2LBq36hDD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85748 ft
Italy

is it possible to save raw files on DJI mini 3 ?(not pro)
2023-4-4
Use props
TenTonTITAN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456460 ft
United States

Wow we are into April of 2023 and still no RAW only? Are there people who actually even shoot in JPEG?!

DJI - you put D-cinelike for video shooting but no RAW only for photos? Remember this is a flying CAMERA. Please give us a RAW only option like any other decent camera out there.
2023-4-6
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI are sitting on their hands with this one. Come on implement these basic suggestions DJI!
2023-4-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

another +1 for raw only...

Does anybody here know the reasoning for DJI of only giving the option of raw+jpeg and not just raw??
2023-4-6
Use props
TenTonTITAN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456460 ft
United States

Burt37 Posted at 4-6 14:16
another +1 for raw only...

Does anybody here know the reasoning for DJI of only giving the option of raw+jpeg and not just raw??

I don't understand why any mfr does that. If I want a jpeg, I want it for the small file size and/or I have no plans to edit. Why would I want an additional RAW file? And if I want a RAW file, I want it because I am prioritizing processing over storage space. And if I know how to process a RAW file, then I have no need of jpeg from the camera. There is no logical reason from the end user's viewpoint why someone would want both.
2023-4-10
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

primeshooter Posted at 4-6 13:50
DJI are sitting on their hands with this one. Come on implement these basic suggestions DJI!

You are right. This is a very basic change and perhaps it needs to be presented again to the Developer team as it seems just logical to have the two function separate and not in conjunction...

Can some Admin pass forward this subject for the next firmware please...
2023-4-10
Use props
djiuser_KaqqGj99gjU2
New

United States

I found this thread because I just flew my new mini pro 3 after switching from my mavic pro 2 and I wanted to turn off the stupid jpegs. I haven't shot a jpeg with any of my equipment since I was in highschool 15 years ago. Laaaame.
2023-4-25
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-7-16 21:25

[view_image]

Hi DJI Stephen

Any chance to pass on this request before the next firmware is released...

Thank you
2023-4-25
Use props
Martin Reichebn
New

Austria

+1 for the RAW only option.

Would speed up the process very much if you take panoramas (only jpeg) and RAWs and you don't need to look through every jpeg after and I think the storage time after taking a picture would be a little faster as well.
2023-8-11
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Been asking for this for over a year but dji could care less. This is the problem with a monopoly...
2023-8-11
Use props
Gpe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390554 ft
Denmark

As a happy user of the mini 3, who primarily uses the drone to take pictures which are subsequently edited, it would be great if there was an option to only take still pictures in RAW format - right know, after each flight, I spend unnecessary time delete the JPEG files. They are, to put it mildly, completely useless when you just want the RAW files.

So... Wouldn't it be possible to "just" change the selection to JPEG ONLY or RAW ONLY? Seriously, no one will complain about that!
1-18 01:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules