C70 not functional
2873 7 2022-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swild
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141932 ft
United States

Can someone please explain how the C70 is on the box with the RS3 Pro and it doesn't even work with the camera?
I can't even get the camera to record. What is going on???

It even froze up my C70 and it wouldn't turn off, I had to pull the battery from the C70.
2022-7-16
Use props
swild
lvl.2
United States

Looks like it works only if directly connected to the RS3 Pro. The C70 cannot be controlled when using RavenEye.
What a joke.
2022-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Hope you understand that the Capture Photo feature of RS 3 Pro is not supported with EOS C70. Please refer to the compatibility list below. As for the freeze issue, could you please provide us with a video for further confirmation? https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-3-pro/eosc70
2022-7-19
Use props
swild
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-19 03:13
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Hope you understand that the Capture Photo feature of RS 3 Pro is not supported with EOS C70. Please refer to the compatibility list below. As for the freeze issue, could you please provide us with a video for further confirmation? https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-3-pro/eosc70

I'm not trying to capture photos with a cinema camera, I'm trying to record video. Why in the world would this not work? It didn't work on the RS2, and now it's the same story for the RS3 Pro.

Why wouldn't the raven eye send the start/stop record signal to the C70? If the Ronin can do it, why can't the Raven Eye?
2022-7-23
Use props
GordonS27
lvl.3
United Kingdom

swild Posted at 7-23 18:58
I'm not trying to capture photos with a cinema camera, I'm trying to record video. Why in the world would this not work? It didn't work on the RS2, and now it's the same story for the RS3 Pro.

Why wouldn't the raven eye send the start/stop record signal to the C70? If the Ronin can do it, why can't the Raven Eye?

Have you updated both the C70 and the RS3 to the latest firmware? I had a similar issue with my c70 and RS2 but updating the C70 resolved the issue.
2022-7-26
Use props
swild
lvl.2
United States

GordonS27 Posted at 7-26 06:10
Have you updated both the C70 and the RS3 to the latest firmware? I had a similar issue with my c70 and RS2 but updating the C70 resolved the issue.

Yes, everything is up to date.
I figured it out. You can’t use the RSS port on the Raven Eye, you have to use the RSS port on the ronin, then you can use the Start/Stop record button.
2022-7-26
Use props
GordonS27
lvl.3
United Kingdom

swild Posted at 7-26 06:14
Yes, everything is up to date.
I figured it out. You can’t use the RSS port on the Raven Eye, you have to use the RSS port on the ronin, then you can use the Start/Stop record button.

Ah yeah I get you. Yeah, the HDMI Cable is the only thing I hook up from the C70 to the Ronin. the 2 other cables for Ronin to Raveneye and Ronin to C70.

glad to hear you've got it working.
2022-7-27
Use props
GrahamO
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Has anybody found a solution to start and stop recording of the C70 using the Ronin RS3 pro red button?
2023-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules