Video Playback
1347 14 2022-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WXbo87VYtb8J
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103602 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone else experienceing video compatability problem using iMAC? (will try on a PC later)
Just downloaded a few videos from my mini 3 onto my Mac, SDcard straight into reader,  The problem is that out of say more than 40 short videos made only 5 videos can be played and the rest has Compatitbily issues.

If I do a mini 3 to computer transfer they are ok but it isnt very efficient doing it this method.

All the videos appears to be mp4 format and property of playable and non playable appears to be similar.

Anyone can shine any light on this?

thanks

Oh had a connection issue whilst in the mountain.  drone was only 80m away from me and was about 100m up with a clear line of sight.  RC started to lose connection and kept telling me to adjust antennae .... what antennae.  tried to angle the RC vetically rather than horizontally and eventaully got connection back....poor show.  Hope this was a one off.
2022-7-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could it be anything to do with the video Codec used?  H265 rather than H264?   Just guessing.
2022-7-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully the connection issue was a one off.  I try to always keep the top of the RC where the antennas are located facing directly at the drone.  
2022-7-18
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Can you read the exif data of these non playable vids with a hex-editor on your mac? And the suffix are really mp4 ?  Try Mplayer classic for MAC But check it for malware before you install it on your Mac. You can convert the vids too.
2022-7-18
Use props
djiuser_WXbo87VYtb8J
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-18 04:34
Hopefully the connection issue was a one off.  I try to always keep the top of the RC where the antennas are located facing directly at the drone.

just really surprised that its happened when it was so close to the RC without any obstruction.  Never happened to my mini 2.
2022-7-18
Use props
djiuser_WXbo87VYtb8J
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-18 02:40
Could it be anything to do with the video Codec used?  H265 rather than H264?   Just guessing.

I wondered that as well but ruling that out since the first 5 videos had no issues.  I am going to use MOV as oppose to MP4 and see if it makes difference. there are so many bugs with mini 3 which is so surprising. I love it but so frustrating.
2022-7-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_WXbo87VYtb8J Posted at 7-18 10:08
I wondered that as well but ruling that out since the first 5 videos had no issues.  I am going to use MOV as oppose to MP4 and see if it makes difference. there are so many bugs with mini 3 which is so surprising. I love it but so frustrating.

Maybe I'm lucky but I've encountered no difficulties so far with mine.
2022-7-18
Use props
djiuser_WXbo87VYtb8J
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-18 10:10
Maybe I'm lucky but I've encountered no difficulties so far with mine.

I've emailed DJI but not received an answer yet.  yeah that's very fortunately but takes that wee shine away from a quality product.
2022-7-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_WXbo87VYtb8J Posted at 7-18 10:18
I've emailed DJI but not received an answer yet.  yeah that's very fortunately but takes that wee shine away from a quality product.

Yeah I get that. Hope it's resolved for you soon.
2022-7-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_WXbo87VYtb8J Posted at 7-18 10:06
just really surprised that its happened when it was so close to the RC without any obstruction.  Never happened to my mini 2.

Hopefully, DJI Support can help you get the issue resolved.  
2022-7-19
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

I only had such an issue once, with a video taken in D-Cinelike with H264. Both QuickTime as also Da Vinci Resolve couldn't read this format.

The only app that was able to play that video was Iina, by far the best free video player for macOS:

https://iina.io

Further research revealed, that the combination of D-CineLike (in 10 bit) with H264 seems to lead to an incompatibility, that can be avoided by using H265. But so far I didn't have the time to test that out.

2022-8-14
Use props
djiuser_WXbo87VYtb8J
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Drone Jockey Posted at 8-14 23:44
I only had such an issue once, with a video taken in D-Cinelike with H264. Both QuickTime as also Da Vinci Resolve couldn't read this format.

The only app that was able to play that video was Iina, by far the best free video player for macOS:

Yea I agree with you there. I recently used h265 and did not encounter any problems. I hope DJI resolves the issue as although I can circumvent the issue it’s still an issue and feel that the product is not finished item.
2022-8-14
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

djiuser_WXbo87VYtb8J Posted at 8-14 23:49
Yea I agree with you there. I recently used h265 and did not encounter any problems. I hope DJI resolves the issue as although I can circumvent the issue it’s still an issue and feel that the product is not finished item.

I don't think, that DJI can really help here, because H264 seems to have problems with 10 bit videos, from what I read about this problem.

The only thing DJI could do, if what I found out is correct, is a forced combination of D-Cinelike with H265.

PS: I was able to solve my own problem by converting my incompatible video with the free HandBrake app:

https://handbrake.fr
2022-8-14
Use props
djiuser_WXbo87VYtb8J
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I see.  Thanks for that. I used vlc but the odd video was beyond converting/fixed. On the safe side I’ll stick to h265.
Not used handbrake but very informative. Thanks
2022-8-14
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

djiuser_WXbo87VYtb8J Posted at 8-14 23:59
I see.  Thanks for that. I used vlc but the odd video was beyond converting/fixed. On the safe side I’ll stick to h265.
Not used handbrake but very informative. Thanks

Yeah, I once was a VLC fan too, but nowadays I mainly use Iina, which even can play BlueRays nicely ;-)

And Handbrake comes in handy, when you e.g. need lower resolution versions from your videos, e.g. for WhatsApp. It's pretty fast and free. Using Da Vinci Resolve (free version) is also an option for conversion, but Handbrake is easier to use.

2022-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules