Mini 1 vs 2. Is signal strength better?
1913 7 2022-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM_fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

So have had my Mini 1 a while now. I know it used WiFi but I’m not sure if getting worse but the signal I seem to lose a lot quicker these days. I’m wondering if the Mini 2 has better, with it OS2, better not just range but actual strength when using.

Today it was cloudy but sent Mini 1 up and it was 60M high, 60M away from me and got the “Aircraft in high interference environment. Manually adjust flight route or return to home (Code: 80015)”. Got this whole flight.
Lost video signal, jumping/stuttering etc. Always in co trial though.

So I’m just wondering will Mini 2 with its OS2 be better in these environments or is it just because was in a high interference area and doesn’t matter what use.

I’m not sure if OS2 is better because it’s specific to that drone, or if it will also be affected by WiFi signals around it as well.
2022-7-17
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

What would be a good test I suppose, if anyone had both Mini 1 and 2 and flew in same place and see signal differences etc. I think there is some detail where you can get the signal strengths etc, but I don’t know how.
2022-7-17
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

As I understand it, the OccuSync2 on the Mini 2 is far better at dealing with interference.  It is using the same frequency range and power limits.
2022-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

way much butter, your distance may improve 2-3 times after replace
2022-7-17
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 7-17 16:26
way much butter, your distance may improve 2-3 times after replace

But will the signal be more stable and stronger. I’m not too bothered by the range, as in how far, but more concerned with even short distances not dropping signal.

Thanks
2022-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MM_fly. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please fly your DJI Mavic Mini to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. Kindly Please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. In addition, the advantages of the DJI Mini 2's OcuSync 2.0 compared to Wi_Fi is that OcuSync 2.0 supports both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequency bands. It features stronger interference resistance due to automatic frequency switching, delivering video transmission feeds at up to 10 km ( when unobstructed, free of interference, and FCC-compliant ). Thank you.

2022-7-17
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-17 20:20
Hello there MM_fly. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please fly your DJI Mavic Mini to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. Kindly Please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. In addition, the advantages of the DJI Mini 2's OcuSync 2.0 compared to Wi_Fi is that OcuSync 2.0 supports both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequency bands. It features stronger interference resistance due to automatic frequency switching, delivering video transmission feeds at up to 10 km ( when unobstructed, free of interference, and FCC-compliant ). Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi

It’s with iPhone 13, all updates on iPhone and apps as of today.

I always use my controller and antennas as you’ve shown.

It’s ok in other places, but just doesn’t  go very far, and get interference a lot.

So is Mini 1 only using 1 band and not switching channels, whereas the mini 2 can use both channels and switch on the fly when it thinks it needs to? But it still uses the same WiFi?

Thanks
2022-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

MM_fly Posted at 7-17 17:34
But will the signal be more stable and stronger. I’m not too bothered by the range, as in how far, but more concerned with even short distances not dropping signal.

Thanks

Yes, i meant you will twice or triple your distance without any interferenaces, as well as you will go further same way if you want
2022-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules