1609 1 2022-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigRedJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25105 ft
United Kingdom

I've just come back from a holiday and used the action 2 for loads of video,
superb little camera with a few quirks that are fine BUT file names? they're driving me mad!

so I have two 128gb micro cards that i fill one up and use the next while copying files off, but the swapping of cards AND the swapping from the camera's internal memory and SD memory is a pain, duplicate file names gallore.

it doesn't seem to keep track of the number sequence?  

one minor fix was to always record to internal memory, then copy over to the SD, but even then it just doesn't seem to keep track, if you swap the card it starts at a different number again, not even zero!

surely like more digital cameras it should just have an option to keep the file numbers sequential? other cameras can cope with multiple SD cards?

or am I missing something obvious here?   

copying the two weeks files off, I have 4-5 of some file numbers and their all different clips

2022-7-19
Use props
psvennevig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103323 ft
Norway

The file naming sequence is reset each time the storage is formatted. Or it continues from the last file number on the active storage.
This is a complete drag for pro and semi pro editing.
At least we need an option to tell the camera to just up the file number for each take. And never reset it if the storage is formatted.

Just did a several day shoot, and ended up with lots of files with the same name. Unusable.

Best,
Pål
2022-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules