Error in firmware 1.3.00.00 upgrade instructions
2244 10 2015-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
visatown
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41119 ft
Belgium

I upgraded my I1, my 2 RC's and 3 batteries to firmware 1.3.00.00 without problem. I  used the traditional method to upgrade my RC's (USB stick).

The document How_to_upgrade_Firmware_en.pdf contains an error:
In the text describing the traditional way of upgrading the RC it says under point e.:
"The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the remote controller ..."
This should be: "The remote controller will sound a beeping sound ...."
2015-8-4
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

nice catch.
Good to see more of us with successful updates.
Did you fly test?
2015-8-5
Use props
jaredharrismusi
New

United States

haha, last night when i read that i was like how the hell can the camera from the inspire beep when i am updating the controller. Confused the crap outta me. Mine updated fine so i guess i forgot about that typo
2015-8-5
Use props
visatown
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41119 ft
Belgium

Linolens Posted at 2015-8-5 17:10
nice catch.
Good to see more of us with successful updates.
Did you fly test?

Just flew  2 batteries, after compass calibration. GPS and atti mode ok. RTH ok. Used the new GO app.
All by all: all ok
2015-8-5
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

I flew mine yesterday after the update. Calibrated everything before flight.    All seemed fine.  I did have to select multi flight mode again, as it seemed to have reset itself.  I can't say I'm crazy about the new look of the app menu.
2015-8-5
Use props
FloridaDroneLLC
lvl.1

United States

It took a while, but I did get the main remote to upgrade the firmware. For the second remote, I cannot link to the aircraft and there IS no "linking remote controller" button on the app now for the second controller. Also, I have no options to request master or slave on the app for the second controller. I have used the same android devise and also a different device to hook up to the remote and it's always the same,. The main remote works just fine, but the second remote has all the issues mentioned above. The purple light just stares at me and the remote is completely useless now. This all happened while updating the firmware to 1.3.0. I believe the second remote did actually update the firmware because when plugged into the android device, it says that I have the latest firmware. The second remote seems stuck in a permanent lock. Got any ideas??? Need help!

I am running on the android app, so no upgrading the app yet. I am wondering if the same old glitches will be there. It's unacceptable also for the app to crash while you're in flight, or for video to freeze, or for there to be a monumental delay in touch screen controls, requiring a restart of the device. We are going to a film shoot in South Florida in under 2 weeks for a large film company and I am worried about those issues coming up, because they WILL come up. At least one happens every flight!
2015-8-7
Use props
schizoframe36
lvl.1

Germany

Are there new fixes or features for android users with the v1.3.0.00 Firmware? Or is the new firmware only useful for aple users which upgrade to the DJI GO App.
I don't wanna risk connection issues with the remote as mentioned above since I have a job in 5 days...

Are there any other android users which updated to v.1.3.0.00 that can share their experience??
2015-8-7
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
Hong Kong

schizoframe36 Posted at 2015-8-7 23:31
Are there new fixes or features for android users with the v1.3.0.00 Firmware? Or is the new firmwar ...

Android v1.2.0 APP is working well with the firmware.
2015-8-7
Use props
bin-man
New

United Kingdom

schizoframe36 Posted at 2015-8-7 23:31
Are there new fixes or features for android users with the v1.3.0.00 Firmware? Or is the new firmwar ...

I have not upgraded to latest firmware simply because there is no android replacement for the "pilot" app yet and not sure if problems will arise mixing the upgraded firmware with the pilot. Would advise waiting for go app for android to be released to minimize any problems. I may be being to over cautious but dont need any third party claims against me from the public.
2015-8-7
Use props
mstudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15781 ft
Greece

RE Issues in firmware 1.3.00.00 upgrade

Hi there you all Inspire 1 users ! I upgraded everything to v1.3.0.00 firmware with success and flew 5 or 6 times using most of the battery power for each one. I use Samsung Android tablet. There were a few times that my second remote was disconnected, although the sticks were still active, and same thing happened once to my primary remote. I had to restart everything to make them work again.  I very often get a "poor" radio signal, and every time I power up my bird I get the MC DATA ERROR witch remains no matter how many times I power OFF and ON again. Finally the video reception is very slow. I mean it comes with some frames per second making it very difficult to film since you don't see how fast the camera rotates. Any one having the same problems ? Any solutions?
2015-9-2
Use props
kcobello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190 ft
United States

Just received my Inspire 1 x5 dual remote pro package from Aerial Media Pros and the system is very nice! Kudos to DJI with the options we now have for camera control and mapping.  MY PROBLEM now is there is no option to for us to select from the slave remote off the RC setiings map the master remote and link them together?  What is going on?  The versions are 1.4 on the inspire, 1.3 on the remote but I have read we no longer have the camera operator option?  What are we doing wrong if not?  

Please help on what might be the issue.  I thought it might be the USB connection and a bad remote control.  Need to see what we have here so we are not stuck with a bad remote and or a problem with the remote to remote interface...;)

Thankyou
Kevin and Dawn Cobello
K & D Action Photo and Aerial Imaging
2015-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules