DJI RC does not let me into the file system ("USB debugging" on)
4741 13 2022-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Did my first flights today with the 300 F/W today. Like always, connected the DIJ RC to my PC to download the recorded movies of the UI while flying. Cannot access file system anymore. Pulling down the information tab, it saysvia Google Translator, because I have german UI)

Notifications

---
! System UI
The remote control is connected via a USB cable with...
---

---
Silent notifications

Android system
USB debugging enabled
Tap to disable USB debugging

Android system
USB data transfer enabled
---

If I tab on 'USB debugging'  to deaktivate, it gets back on home screen and tells me &aposlease enable developer options first'.

I'm a bit p... off now. Seeing no oppurtunity to click somewhere in the settings 5 times to activate developer options as it works on any Android phone. Menus in the RC are very sparse.

Has anyone else tried to get USB access to download videos from the RC with the new F/W?

2022-7-23
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

OK, after some 10 tries it worked. The RC seems a bit tricky when connecting a USB cable.
2022-7-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 7-23 08:33
OK, after some 10 tries it worked. The RC seems a bit tricky when connecting a USB cable.

Hello SeehawerB,

how did you manage it?
I've never been able to "look" directly into the file system with the DJI RC...
It's no problem with the DJI RC Pro...
2022-7-23
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

OK, had to be more specific, the fs of the SD card in the RC. Seems to be you have to connect the USB plug multiple times, to see the folder contents and be able to download the cache videos und screen recordings. Strange behaviour.
2022-7-23
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a lot easier to just pull the SD card from the RC and pop it into a card reader.
2022-7-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SeehawerB. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you have rectified the issue and for sharing the fix that you have done with us. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-7-23
Use props
gekko.one
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14442 ft
Germany

Hi, someone know how to access to developer mode? Thanks in advance!!!
2023-1-29
Use props
GianGagliardo
New

Brazil

It seems that I am having the same issue, not being able to connect my DJI RC (from DJI Mini 3 Pro Combo) to my Mac to transfer files.
Any idea how to solve it?
It appears the following messages:
"USB file transfer turned on", then:
"USB debugging connected. Tap to turn off USB debugging".
If I click: it automatically closes.
After this message: "System UI. Remote controller already connected to computer..." (cannot ready the full message.

Ana ideia how to solve it?
It was the easies way to transfer files from DJI RC to Mac.
(as I still don't have a SSD adapter to connect it directly to my Mac)
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GianGagliardo Posted at 2-22 18:13
It seems that I am having the same issue, not being able to connect my DJI RC (from DJI Mini 3 Pro Combo) to my Mac to transfer files.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties encountered. DJI RC is essentially an Android device and is thus incompatible with Mac computers. As such, they cannot be connected directly via a USB cable to transfer files. You may contact Apple directly for support on how to transfer the files to your Mac or visit this website: (https://www.android.com/filetransfer/).
Alternatively, we recommend you transfer the files by copying/saving your photos and videos to an external microSD card, using an SD card reader, and inserting it into your Mac to transfer the files. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
France

Another way you can do it for now is Bluetooth as long as ya mac has that? its not the fastest way but it should work until you can get your SD adpater

2023-2-25
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

You can easily transfer files from the DJI RC and a Mac using Android File Transfer: https://www.android.com/filetransfer/
2023-2-27
Use props
djiuser_nykAIAsBoCrH
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-2-22 23:36
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties encountered. DJI RC is essentially an Android device and is thus incompatible with Mac computers. As such, they cannot be connected directly via a USB cable to transfer files. You may contact Apple directly for support on how to transfer the files to your Mac or visit this website: (https://www.android.com/filetransfer/).
Alternatively, we recommend you transfer the files by copying/saving your photos and videos to an external microSD card, using an SD card reader, and inserting it into your Mac to transfer the files. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

O Thank you for the super advice, as a one-poor
4-15 02:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_nykAIAsBoCrH Posted at 4-15 02:18
O Thank you for the super advice, as a one-poor

Hi there. You are most welcome. Please feel free to reach us if you have further concerns. Have a nice day.
4-15 04:03
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2023-2-25 19:00
Another way you can do it for now is Bluetooth as long as ya mac has that? its not the fastest way but it should work until you can get your SD adpater

Blue tooth was the only way I could get logs off an android phone onto my mac. My mac didn't like the file transfer thing but I'd hate to have to transfer imagery via bluetooth.
To get stuff off a card I'd whip the card out of whatever and put it into a reader attached to xyz every time.

4-15 10:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules