1177 7 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Superfantastic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396398 ft
United Kingdom

just a simple question I hope

I use an iPad mini but was wondering what others use and why ? Is one better than the other

The only reason I can see moving to phone is better is that you will be always connected to Internet through cellular network unless you have the cellular iPad

Is the picture better on phone ?
Is it faster ?
Etc
Etc

Options please.
2015-8-5
Use props
Steve.Petry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went for screen size, so I choose a tablet.  But I have tried both and still like the tablet for the size.

when choosing a tablet, I went with IOS and an Apple Air 2, since DJI seems to be more apple-centric and I wanted the use the new AutoPilot app coming out on IOS
2015-8-5
Use props
Superfantastic
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Is your tablet the cellular model ? I use a tablet just now but the map does not work as its wifi only.
2015-8-5
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The map will work if you cache the maps where you're going to be flying. You'll need to do that while connected to the Internet.

To answer the OP's question, I like the screen size of an iPad Mini 2/3. Phones are too small.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-5
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.2

Belgium

10" Sony Xperia Z2 tablet, gone from Sony Xperia Z2 phone... all the same, just bigger screen is better in this case.
2015-8-5
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If anyone's looking -- here's a list of commonly used phones/tablets:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/which-device-s-do-you-use-to-run-the-dji-pilot-app.48525

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-5
Use props
Superfantastic
lvl.4
United Kingdom

with regards to interference, could i use my ipad mini and when out and about connect to my phone via hotspot and then get map data etc rather than use my phone for screen ?
and if yes would it cause any interference with the phantom ? i guess its just the same as using your phone as the actual device is it not ?
2015-8-5
Use props
apsphoto
lvl.2

United States

My main interest is video and photography, so I bought an Air 2, large screen easy to see, I turn on the grid and the histogram and zebras and I am good to go for easy framing. I also think the larger screen makes it easier to select settings and also to keep an eye on the aircraft and glance down at the big screen to see details or the map. makes life easier for me. I went to the Air2 as most say it works the most reliably, and as far as I can tell it does. I am not an Apple person but this was a good thing for me.

Alan
2015-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules