1277 23 2022-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adiemask
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185659 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I purchased the M3P to compliment my M3 recently and although I've not been able to fly it as much as I'd like due to being too windy most of the time, I've had none of the issues that people are reporting. I have since purchased the FMK for the M3P and I have updated to the latest firmwares as and when they have become available. I am becoming increasingly concerned and worried about flying the M3P and indeed the M3 having read all the issues people have been having. I am not an experienced pilot although I had the Mini 2 for six months or so which prompted me to purchase the M3, the M3 has had it's issues but I think all those have been resolved with the frequent and numerous firmware updates and as such I'm a little easier flying it but it would appear that, despite numerous firmware updates the M3P is still having many problems and people report both here and on social media of having lost control etc. I'm considering giving up and maybe selling the M3P and concentrate with just the M3 but this would be a backwards step since the < 250 g provides me with opportunities which I would be denied should I just rely on the M3. Will the M3P ever be 'safe to fly'? I know that only people having issues report them and there are 1000's of users who do not have problems but do not report as such, perhaps the solution is to avoid these forums and associated social media and just get on with it! Thoughts?
2022-7-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve flown the mini 3 a lot,   There really aren't any serious issues with the drone.  
2022-7-28
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My M3P dropped signal the other day which, is worrying of course, but I wouldn't get rid of it.  Its a new product and there is always going to be issues at the beginning. Mine was a little concerning as I couldn't re-connect BUT! their are so many parameters that its difficultly to pin point device, handset, mobile etc.  I'm just waiting to hear if anyone else is getting the issue before flying again.  If its flying fine then its OK I'm sure there will be reports of issues all the time with so many users they are going to come out of the woodwork in some shape or form.  First rule of thumb! Make sure Home-Point is set before you fly off..
2022-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Most of the issues are down to the users, particularly smaller issues. You will also find flying in the wind mini 3 is quite capable. Go fly it and enjoy it its a great little craft.
2022-7-28
Use props
T-Zero
lvl.2

Brazil

I think - simplistically - like aviation.

If problems/failures occur, go through the following tripod:

1- Hardware
2- Software
3- Pilot

1- With today's massive production and demand for low cost (material and human), the maximum tolerance of faults is compromised, either by inadequate material, or by failure in the assembly and/or final inspection.

2- As software is basically made by humans, they carry within themselves the probability of accidental errors due to lack of knowledge, inexperience or mere distraction.

3- Finally, the final component in the chain of events. Many times we pilots do not know how to interpret the conditions that would make the flight potentially dangerous, putting us in situations which we do not know how to solve or try to solve in the wrong way.

No technology is infallible. The laws of probability are there to prove it.
2022-7-28
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mini 3 has come a long way since May. Fly it, enjoy it!
2022-7-28
Use props
Adiemask
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185659 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Reading all the responses above, thanks guys, I think I just need to ‘grow a pair’ and go out and enjoy it, weather permitting!
2022-7-28
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

Adiemask Posted at 7-28 03:17
Reading all the responses above, thanks guys, I think I just need to ‘grow a pair’ and go out and enjoy it, weather permitting!

Yes exactly - you see that this will be really fun and gives you great pictures and videos! enjoy it and always a good flght
2022-7-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you just need to get out there and fly it.  It flies much better in the wind than you'd think.  So much better than the Mini and Mini 2.  Most of the issues have been corrected via the last couple of firmware updates.  Some of the things being reported now can be attributed to pilots error and not reading the manual thoroughly.

Just get out there and fly and enjoy it.  It is quite the capable little beast.  

2022-7-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

T-Zero Posted at 7-28 02:57
I think - simplistically - like aviation.

If problems/failures occur, go through the following tripod:

Well stated.    
2022-7-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wouldn't buy a newly released drone, full stop. I don't want to be a "paying for the privilege" beta tester. Let others do that if they choose to do so. Once things are sorted.....if they ever are I might buy. Plus, by then there may be offers running.

But since you already have bought both I'd hang on and ......hope.

Also, do remember people will come on a forum concerning problems that they have, FAR MORE READILY than they will to sing the praises of something......so we see a skewed sampling.

2022-7-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go and fly it - with due caution of course. Chances are you'll be one of the many satisfied owners. Success tends to get much less forum attention than problems do.
2022-7-28
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-28 03:54
I wouldn't buy a newly released drone, full stop. I don't want to be a "paying for the privilege" beta tester. Let others do that if they choose to do so. Once things are sorted.....if they ever are I might buy. Plus, by then there may be offers running.

But since you already have bought both I'd hang on and ......hope.

You're welcome!
2022-7-28
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Part of the fun of purchasing and flying Drones is the process of assessing problems and figuring out how to overcome them by using this Forum...
2022-7-28
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm concerned about overheating and forced landing as I fly over water most of the time.
2022-7-28
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Germany

BrianKushner Posted at 7-28 11:07
I'm concerned about overheating and forced landing as I fly over water most of the time.

The overheating doesnt normally occur during normal flight as forward flight collects air behind the gimbal and the props help cool the internals at the rear, it was made that way purposely as there is no internal fan.

If its a hot, windless day then hovering in situ will not help, do not do that over water in that scenario.
2022-7-28
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

DreamWorks Posted at 7-28 18:55
The overheating doesnt normally occur during normal flight as forward flight collects air behind the gimbal and the props help cool the internals at the rear, it was made that way purposely as there is no internal fan.

If its a hot, windless day then hovering in situ will not help, do not do that over water in that scenario.

Overheating doesn't normally occur during flight, like you say. But it does occur.  And if your over water, that's a problem...
2022-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Adiemask. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots can share there experience in flying there DJI Mini 3 Pro and the best information with regards to this matter. In addition, it would be best to create a pre flight checklist before flying your DJI Mini 3 Pro for you to have a great flying experience. For reference, I will post a pre flight checklist for the DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thank you.

2022-7-28
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Germany

Goggles Pisano Posted at 7-28 19:53
Overheating doesn't normally occur during flight, like you say. But it does occur.  And if your over water, that's a problem...

Perhaps, but it can be mitigated by flying within the specified temperature scope. If you're flying in over 40ºC temperatures then you're only asking for trouble, but this can probably be offset by not hovering. However, 40ºC is not something I would be happy walking about in mind, let alone flying in.

If it did land in water due to overheating and you're flying below the specified 40ºC you may have a case, but, if you ignore any previous warnings, then perhaps unlikely.
2022-7-28
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

What worries me is the silence from owners who mysteriously now aren't complaining about range issues. I played with a friends new Mini 3 today, helped him set it up and Yep, it had range issues.
2022-7-28
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

Goggles Pisano Posted at 7-28 08:50
Part of the fun of purchasing and flying Drones is the process of assessing problems and figuring out how to overcome them by using this Forum...

Yeah.....until your drone falls out of the sky and hits someone or their property and then you are off to court. Like the courts will care what you say about dji not correcting issues. Its not different to a pilot flying a plane that has not been repaired correctly. Its blatantly dangerous flying these drones without relaible firmware updates. Just saying
2022-7-28
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Germany

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 7-28 22:45
What worries me is the silence from owners who mysteriously now aren't complaining about range issues. I played with a friends new Mini 3 today, helped him set it up and Yep, it had range issues.

I am not seeing any range issues for CE
2022-7-28
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

DreamWorks Posted at 7-28 22:50
I am not seeing any range issues for CE

Not just range issues. I am not bothering to go list the numerous issues with drone and controller. If it were an RC car it wouldn't be an issue, but its drone that can fly over people and crowded areas. I find it very poor that the manufacturer seems to let drones out that are sub-operational. Not just this but many previous drones had issues, yes they were corrected but in some instances at the cost of the owner who's drone crashed because the firmware corruption resulted in failure. Imagine if major car brands let cars out with potential mechanical issues with the excuse that they are happy to see some crashes and they will work out a solution based on accidents.
2022-7-28
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Germany

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 7-28 22:54
Not just range issues. I am not bothering to go list the numerous issues with drone and controller. If it were an RC car it wouldn't be an issue, but its drone that can fly over people and crowded areas. I find it very poor that the manufacturer seems to let drones out that are sub-operational. Not just this but many previous drones had issues, yes they were corrected but in some instances at the cost of the owner who's drone crashed because the firmware corruption resulted in failure. Imagine if major car brands let cars out with potential mechanical issues with the excuse that they are happy to see some crashes and they will work out a solution based on accidents.

You did just say range hence my reply, i don't have any issues that i have noticed, but then i didn't buy it when it was 1st released, i waited for many of the teething issues to be resolved.
2022-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules