2346 13 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snathla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

So the update to the bird, RC and 6 batteries took less than an hour while sipping wine. All seemed to go successfully. DJI updates revert back some configuration so don't forget to check all the settings you've made as some may change.

Took a quick flight out, all seemed to go well, will try to get it our for a bit today, will see if I run into any issues.
2015-8-5
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wish you the best.
2015-8-5
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upgraded I1, 4 batteries and 2 controllers.  Made sure to recalibrate IMU and Compass.  Did 2 flights yesterday and worked just fine.
2015-8-5
Use props
dagquick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just a word of caution.  After normal flights yesterday I upgraded the iPad app to DJI GO and then the firmware in my Inspire 1 to v1.3.0.00.  I then had a strange problem.

The upgrades were all successful, verified by the TXT files, but as expected the aircraft required an IMU calibration.  I took it outdoors this morning and turned on, but while completing the IMU calibration (successfully) I saw two brief amber alert messages telling me of a VPS problem and saying I should land immediately (despite being stationary on the ground with no props fitted).

After the IMU calibration and selecting all previous settings, the Inspire now refused to enter Travel Mode; it only allowed gear fully up or fully down.  This was regardless of whether selected via the app or via the controller switch.

I first contacted my UK dealer and then the very helpful Inspire Support chatline.  They confirmed after uploading the logfiles that the updates had been successful and that there appeared to be no hardware issues.  I was advised that they would escalate the issue to their head office in case of a firmware glitch, post any updates via this forum and in the meantime I should revert to the previous firmware version.

I did revert back to v1.2.1.06 and then this afternoon tried again re-updating the firmware to 1.3.0.00.  Happily it seems to have succeeded at the second attempt, in that I can now select Travel Mode and it works correctly.  Very quirky!
2015-8-5
Use props
wesseli
lvl.1

United States

dagquick@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-5 23:29
Just a word of caution.  After normal flights yesterday I upgraded the iPad app to DJI GO and then t ...

entering Travel Mode after FW v1.3  is VPS system sensitive ... make sure you have AC on a smooth
surface ..not carpet , towels or grass.
2015-8-5
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

wesseli Posted at 2015-8-6 02:04
entering Travel Mode after FW v1.3  is VPS system sensitive ... make sure you have AC on a smooth  ...

There is also new behaviour in the 1.3 update where you can force the I1 to enter travel mode automatically by powering on the unit without the gimbal connected (from landing mode).

Haven't tried it but this is in the docs / release notes.
2015-8-5
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-8-6 02:08
There is also new behaviour in the 1.3 update where you can force the I1 to enter travel mode auto ...

I just got everything updated with the latest firmware and everything went well, I just did and Imu calibration, then I also calibrated the compass,I was just about the lift off when I noticed that the radio quality went from good to poor then I got a disconnect. I've been flying this inspire now for about four months and it's been awesome, absolutely no issues whatsoever until today. One very odd thing is that the indicator at the top of the app that indicates level of the radio signal, not the video signal indicator, but the radio signal indicator is showing full bars but I'm still getting getting good to poor messages and then all of a sudden it will disconnect and then reconnect.  I thought I would mention one more thing, after loading the updates on the inspire 1 and the RC controller I was in the app looking around and all of a sudden it crashed the iPad totally rebooted it. The ipad that I'm using is the latest air with 128 gigs  with the cellular radio in it.  It hasn't crashed since it rebooted.

At this point I  guess I'm going to have stopt flying until I can get some more information about what's happening, just a little unnerving.
I guess I'll try and call DJI or get on the chat and see if maybe they have any ideas.  Fingers and toes crossed

Thanks for any ideas you guys may have

RK
2015-8-6
Use props
panox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568819 ft
Germany

I had the same problem yesterday after the firmware update 1.30.  

travel mode error

Seconds after take off a message appeared :

ultrasonic error

2015-8-7
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
Hong Kong

panox Posted at 2015-8-7 17:46
I had the same problem yesterday after the firmware update 1.30.  

travel mode error

panox, how is everything going? Is ur bird ok now?
2015-8-7
Use props
dave.encoremult
lvl.1

United States

Since we are discussing the 1.30 update...  Here's my 2-cents worth and a question.  I updated our Inspire 1 late this afternoon.  First attempt failed with an error message that the firmware was corrupted and I should reload from the DJI web site and try again.  I did.  Second time, all went well.  I could only update the controller by putting the SD card in the camera and hooking that up directly to the controller but it worked fine.  I have not had a chance to fly it since the update.  I will next week.  The app kept all my previous settings (good news) and everything calibrated just fine.  I will post next week on what happens during flight.

Now for my Q.  In the Release Notes for 1.30 it says, #6: "Added DJI SDK API support for Inspire 1."  Can any of you learned gentleman and ladies and more experienced Inspire pilots tell me what the heck all that alphabet soup means?
2015-8-7
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

dave.encoremult Posted at 2015-8-8 05:52
Since we are discussing the 1.30 update...  Here's my 2-cents worth and a question.  I updated our I ...

It doesnt mean anything cause it doesnt work, lol!  But SDK is software developement kit, API is application programming interface and what its supposed to do is allow 3rd party developers to create their own apps that work with the inspire.  There are a few in beta testing but this new buggy firmware broke their ability to communicate with the inspire.
2015-8-7
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

kelleyre@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-7 12:40
I just got everything updated with the latest firmware and everything went well, I just did and Im ...

Start your pad, turn on your remote, do not light up the bird yet start the pilot app. and get it running before you turn on bird, then check your 8 channels and see if you see a difference.
2015-8-7
Use props
panox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568819 ft
Germany

airymok Posted at 2015-8-7 23:55
panox, how is everything going? Is ur bird ok now?

We had thunder and rain, so I could not test the installations. Will try today.
2015-8-8
Use props
Tassiejeff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137730 ft
Australia

dagquick@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-5 23:29
Just a word of caution.  After normal flights yesterday I upgraded the iPad app to DJI GO and then t ...

Hi Dagquick, I noticed you said you calibrated your IMU outside. Was the surface perfectly level & steady. Some pilots claim the bird needs to be so level that they place playing cards under the legs to get it 100%
2015-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules