DJI Mini Pro 3 Range Issues - Core Board Module Issues
3747 23 2022-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wE4n0qYxwL8j
lvl.3
United States

I started having range issues out of the box on my Mini 3 Pro, aircraft fligting around 250 / 300 meters and RTH automatically. After the latest update the issue still ocurr and I decided to open a support ticket with DJI. My unit has been stuck on the CE transmission mode, even after multiple factory resets this unit never flipped over to the  FCC mode taking in consideration I am in the USA. I sent my unit back to DJI Support yesterday and today received an email stating that the Aircraft Core Board module will be replaced part of the covered warranty.
Are there specific boards for each transmission mode? If yes could my unit be ensembled with the wrong board for the FCC mode or is it really a hardware issue that will never be fixed by any updates??
I am wondering if this issue is hardware related and DJI will never make any announcement or assumption taking in consideration the amount of user complainting for the same exactly reason. My recommendation is to contact DJI support and fight for your device!

2022-7-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

All boards are the same and should switch between CE and FCC depending on your area example USA should switch to FCC and New Zealand is CE. Your board may just be faulty hence it was not switching over based on your location. Many that have had this issues, had them resolved after the last update and the drone was switching to FCC when in that area.
2022-7-28
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

LOL "fight for your device" .....my advice is, get a refund and don't go back until the smoke clears
2022-7-28
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Suren Posted at 7-28 22:45
All boards are the same and should switch between CE and FCC depending on your area example USA should switch to FCC and New Zealand is CE. Your board may just be faulty hence it was not switching over based on your location. Many that have had this issues, had them resolved after the last update and the drone was switching to FCC when in that area.

Yeah even the latest update on the RC all these issues continued to occur. With DJI approach to replace the board sure something wrong is there. Let see once I receive it back next week.
2022-7-29
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 7-28 22:57
LOL "fight for your device" .....my advice is, get a refund and don't go back until the smoke clears

I will give a chance here, if this unit comes back and still have issues I will switch definitely request a refund.
2022-7-29
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue for me but instead of replacing a core board in the aircraft, they replaced the RC remote. Just got drone back from repair yesterday so haven't had the chance to perform a range test yet. Will update
2022-7-29
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Flormo2002 Posted at 7-29 07:25
Same issue for me but instead of replacing a core board in the aircraft, they replaced the RC remote. Just got drone back from repair yesterday so haven't had the chance to perform a range test yet. Will update

Please inform us after testing...   
2022-7-29
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 7-29 07:45
Please inform us after testing...

Well, I flew out around 1800 feet today with full signal strength so that's an improvement. I've got to say that I received tremendous customer service from DJI.
2022-7-29
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 7-29 07:25

Great news! Let us know your results, I should receive mine sometime next week and I will post the results here as well.
2022-7-29
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 7-29 11:51
Well, I flew out around 1800 feet today with full signal strength so that's an improvement. I've got to say that I received tremendous customer service from DJI.

Great news! I wiill have my aircraft back tomorrow. Thank you for the update.
2022-7-29
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

you can set FCC power with the DH-companion app (android).
For normal RC not the Smart Controller DJI RC!( Needs to be done on each boot!)
https://drone-hacks.com/dh-companion
2022-7-29
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Update #1: Today I received my aircraft back from DJI support and for my surprise they sent a brand new on inside a sealed package along with my original RC. First flight I was able to go around 400 metters and RTH automatically activated and came back.

I tried another direction and couldn't go over 200meters before RTH. All of this made start thinking about DJI tech support approach. Initially I tought I was going to receive my original aircraft back with a new board, instead they sent a completely new unit. My assuption is that they didn't even look at my original unit, they just pushed the button for a replacement instead.

My second toughts now is going more towards the RC, that may be where the transmission issues are happening accross the board, I wish I had a regular controler to test this with my cellphone and see how far I could go.

I will try different area and see what results a got at this point. Thank you all for your inputs, really appreciated.
2022-8-1
Use props
djiuser_WNMKvutofePI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133110 ft
Canada

fly.overflying Posted at 8-1 16:52
Update #1: Today I received my aircraft back from DJI support and for my surprise they sent a brand new on inside a sealed package along with my original RC. First flight I was able to go around 400 metters and RTH automatically activated and came back.

I tried another direction and couldn't go over 200meters before RTH. All of this made start thinking about DJI tech support approach. Initially I tought I was going to receive my original aircraft back with a new board, instead they sent a completely new unit. My assuption is that they didn't even look at my original unit, they just pushed the button for a replacement instead.

This may seem like a redundant question; but have you made sure the RC has the latest update?
2022-8-1
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update #1: Today I received my aircraft back from DJI support and for my surprise they sent a brand new on inside a sealed package along with my original RC. First flight I was able to go around 400 metters and RTH automatically activated and came back.

Prior to me returning mine and getting a new RC, I tried the RC-N1 and didn't make a difference but now, everything seems okay with the new RC. Can't say for sure if it was the latest firmware or the new RC that made the difference.....
2022-8-1
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_WNMKvutofePI Posted at 8-1 18:16
This may seem like a redundant question; but have you made sure the RC has the latest update?

Yep latest update on the RC. I also sent the RC altogether. I still think that support didn't even check anything, just sent me a new aircraft, returned my RC  and called the day.
2022-8-1
Use props
fans5d3e3440
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4964 ft
United States

I sent my M3P back to DJI to have one of the rotor motors replaced as I was certain I'd cross threaded one of the screws and it would no longer seat all the way down.

Today I got the report from them and they are replacing it for free.  What was more relevant here, and I'm guessing covered under the warranty, was in addition to the motor, they also listed the Aircraft Core Board Module as being replaced.
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_VjWyE2nrKJGV
lvl.2
United States

Same thing happened to me. Sent it in for range issues...ended up getting a new drone back and my same RC. No explanation why or for what or any real diagnostic info. But, I do get periodic calls from the LA service center asking for updates on my end. I currently get about 1000 meters in my suburban area at 300 ft of altitude. If I bump the altitude up to 800ish ft...then I can get out to 2000 meters. The LA service center guys still think this is low range and a problem. But, not much direction on what to expect next.
2022-8-4
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_VjWyE2nrKJGV Posted at 8-4 11:14
Same thing happened to me. Sent it in for range issues...ended up getting a new drone back and my same RC. No explanation why or for what or any real diagnostic info. But, I do get periodic calls from the LA service center asking for updates on my end. I currently get about 1000 meters in my suburban area at 300 ft of altitude. If I bump the altitude up to 800ish ft...then I can get out to 2000 meters. The LA service center guys still think this is low range and a problem. But, not much direction on what to expect next.

Wow that’s great that you are getting better range, in my case I am still having the same issue. I suspect the problem relies on the controller. Yesterday after fighting with support they decided to send me a new controller. Let see what will happen once I receive and test it.
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_VjWyE2nrKJGV
lvl.2
United States

Eager to hear how it works out..
2022-8-4
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_VjWyE2nrKJGV Posted at 8-4 19:16
Eager to hear how it works out..

This is extremely frustrating, check out this footage from RC screen recording  I just uploaded.
First crash at 2:22     405 metters     I don't fly in a fly restricted area.
Second crash at 4:57 318 metters     Opposite way from the first crash location.
Third crash at 7:07   257 metters    Opposite way from previous crash location.

2022-8-4
Use props
SemperFiGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45643 ft
United States

Some how I'm missing something.  How do I tell if my M3P is in CE mode or FCC mode ?
2022-8-7
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

SemperFiGuy Posted at 8-7 07:19
Some how I'm missing something.  How do I tell if my M3P is in CE mode or FCC mode ?

Go to controller transmisión tab ….

I have been told that :

90 dB line paired with 1 Km = CE
90 dB line paired between 1 -4 km = FCC

A258EE71-693A-4982-85C3-AD6F2A3E3F9C.jpeg

That's is FCC

2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_3EohMPPpROOU
lvl.1
Belgium

I have the same problem, one +/- 300m on the pro mini 3 + DJI RC.  Very frustrating.
2022-9-4
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_3EohMPPpROOU Posted at 9-4 06:15
I have the same problem, one +/- 300m on the pro mini 3 + DJI RC.  Very frustrating.

Unfortunately that was no other solution for me than return it back to DJI, with the refund I invested on a Mavic 3 which I am extremely happy. I am able to fly over the same exactly area described on my video but without any transmission issues. There is definitely a huge problem with the Mini 3 Pro that DJI is refusing to knowledge taking in consideration the amount of users having this transmission problem.
2022-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules