3307 10 2022-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swild
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141932 ft
United States

Hey everyone,
I bought the DJI Lidar focus thing, and I'm at a loss for what this cable is for.

The manual calls the cable the "LiDAR  Range Finder Control Cable, but it doesn't say anything else about the cable in the manual or instructional videos. The range finder can be operated with a normal USB-C to USB-C cable, so I'm not seeing the need for it.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cable

Cable
2022-7-29
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

Hello there,

That cable is used to connect to your motor so it can be charged through a third party battery for extra battery life, for your whole Lidar system.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
XinRain

2022-7-29
Use props
swild
lvl.2
United States

XinRain Posted at 7-29 11:16
Hello there,

That cable is used to connect to your motor so it can be charged through a third party battery for extra battery life, for your whole Lidar system.

Are you sure?
On one end, it has a sticker that says "To LIDAR", and on the other, it says "To RS3 Pro".
2022-7-29
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

swild Posted at 7-29 13:48
Are you sure?
On one end, it has a sticker that says "To LIDAR", and on the other, it says "To RS3 Pro".

Can't see the connections too welI so I might be wrong, Can you tell me the connection type below on the picture?
2022-7-29
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

2022-7-29
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

swild Posted at 7-29 13:48
Are you sure?
On one end, it has a sticker that says "To LIDAR", and on the other, it says "To RS3 Pro".

If it's a usb c to usb c then it's just the same function as the normal multi usb to usb c cable. except this one prevents the display of becoming grainy or flickering.
2022-7-29
Use props
swild
lvl.2
United States

XinRain Posted at 7-29 14:23
If it's a usb c to usb c then it's just the same function as the normal multi usb to usb c cable. except this one prevents the display of becoming grainy or flickering.

I'll test the cable this weekend for powering the setup off the gimbal. Until then, I don't think anyone knows what that cable does.
2022-7-29
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

swild Posted at 7-29 14:37
I'll test the cable this weekend for powering the setup off the gimbal. Until then, I don't think anyone knows what that cable does.

This is the only clue i've found so far.

https://www.heliguy.com/blogs/knowledge-base/when-do-i-need-to-use-the-dji-lidar-control-cable

2022-7-29
Use props
illuminatedRS
lvl.2

United States

XinRain Posted at 7-29 14:44
This is the only clue i've found so far.

https://www.heliguy.com/blogs/knowledge-base/when-do-i-need-to-use-the-dji-lidar-control-cable

DJI - any followup on this?
2022-9-2
Use props
Achyutanand
lvl.1
India

I have been trying to figure the same. DJI team, any information on this will be really appreciated since we all seem to be only guessing here.
2023-4-21
Use props
Achyutanand
lvl.1
India

got this as reply from DJI support team on email,  sharing this for everyones reference:

"The function of LiDAR Control Cable is the same as that of USB-C control cable. So you can also directly connect Lidar and gimbal with usb-c control cable.

However, the black box in the middle of the LiDAR control cable can play the role of rectification, filtering and anti-interference, so we have optimized and upgraded the cable.

This cable is essentially a USB-C cable, but there is an additional anti-interference part."

LiDAR Control Cable

LiDAR Control Cable

USB-C control cable.

USB-C control cable.
2023-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules