1926 23 2022-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nXOCGaCt1j5m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49049 ft
Canada

Hello All,

Just wanted to share a recent experience I had.

Crashed my Mini 3 Pro, right before a big trip to Europe.

I decided to opt for the Express service in order to make sure I get a replacement ASAP. Especially after I see

"Send Damaged Product Back

We will send the replacement immediately upon receiving the damaged product."

After paying the 65$, and sending it back right away, they just never update the case even after receiving it. 2 days go by of having received the product, I call in to get an update. I am told by a customer service agent that they received it but it will take 2-3 business days for an engineer to "assess it".

When I mention to her that this is not the service I paid for, nor what is written on their site or sold by them, she simply tells me "this is the process". No managers to speak to, no refund nothing. I asked why I paid for express, or what the difference was to the regular service to which they just coudnt answer.

Consider this next time you send in your drone for service.... Pretty bad service.

2022-7-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-99948-1-1.html
2022-7-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is no outcome to this story. Did you get the drone how long did it take , was it the same as normal RMA or quicker. Information and notifications is not djis strongest points. But normally replacement drones service is reasonable.
2022-7-29
Use props
Teflondon
lvl.1
Canada

I wouldn't be able to tell you guys yet as it is yet to be concluded.

I will update this thread, however my point was that the express service is not as advertised. You might want to go the normal refresh route as there does not seem to be any additional benefit to going express.
2022-7-29
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

The question is the definition of Express.
If it will take a week or two, it is Express.
Others already wrote, that the average cycle time for a replacment with Care Refresh can take several weeks.
2022-7-29
Use props
Teflondon
lvl.1
Canada

DJI chose to define express as:

"We will send the replacement immediately upon receiving the damaged product."
They also label it a "replacement fee"

Now taking 2-3 business days for an engineer to assess the product and potentially repair instead of replace doesn't really meet this expectation.

I did not set this definition, they did.
Again, this post is just my experience so far. Take it as you want, but I thought others should be aware. If a regular time is 2-3 weeks and this cuts it down to 1 week, then maybe it is worth it. I never had to have one repaired before.  

2022-7-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will confirm this problem with the relevant team and will keep you updated about this issue. Please don't worry. And sorry again for the unpleasant experience.
2022-7-29
Use props
Teflondon
lvl.1
Canada

Update:

My product was shipped out on Friday. Supplied tracking number from DJI is invalid, no one knows what's happening when contacting customer support.

7 Days in.
2022-8-1
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Teflondon Posted at 8-1 09:21
Update:

My product was shipped out on Friday. Supplied tracking number from DJI is invalid, no one knows what's happening when contacting customer support.

Would the Refresh Express be faster for a fly away ?
2022-8-1
Use props
Teflondon
lvl.1
Canada

No idea. I would assume not because there would be no item to return or assess anyways. Maybe someone here that already did a fly away claim could give you more information.
2022-8-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

im curious, when you say "waste of money" are you talking about the express process and if so, do you pay extra for "express" (above and beyond ordinary care refresh)?  i didn't think so but i could be wrong.  what's the waste of money, dji care refresh in general?
2022-8-1
Use props
Teflondon
lvl.1
Canada

To clarify, the waste of money was the Express part. I am happy to have the DJI Refresh.

I paid an additional 65$ USD as an "express" fee in order to have a replacement sent out to me as soon as they receive mine. Without assessment. Thats what they advertise and sell as express. That is not what they deliver however.

Now the shipment they sent back does not even appear to be sent and the tracking code they provide is invalid. They are now saying another 2-3 business days to figure out what happened.

2022-8-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Teflondon Posted at 8-1 12:06
To clarify, the waste of money was the Express part. I am happy to have the DJI Refresh.

I paid an additional 65$ USD as an "express" fee in order to have a replacement sent out to me as soon as they receive mine. Without assessment. Thats what they advertise and sell as express. That is not what they deliver however.

ok i see; i understand now.  yeah that doesn't sound good if you paid extra.  it's as if you pay for overnight delivery on a package on thursday so someone could get it on friday for the weekend and the carrier doesn't deliver until monday afternoon....which happens very often.  i would ask for your $65 back.
2022-8-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Teflondon Posted at 8-1 12:06

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our relevant team will contact you ASAP. Please don't worry. And We will also keep you updated about your issue here. If you need any support, you can contact us here anytime.
2022-8-1
Use props
Teflondon
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-1 22:22
We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our relevant team will contact you ASAP. Please don't worry. And We will also keep you updated about your issue here. If you need any support, you can contact us here anytime.

This is getting more and more frustrating.

Between these messages, and replies directly from DJI, it's always the same story.

"dont worry... Your case is escalated.... We are investigating...."

Talk is cheap. Send a new replacement if you lost your own package. Refund my express fee.

So far DJI has done absolutely nothing to solve this issue except giving apologies. It's over a week of apologies now. I just want my replacement Mini 3 Pro.

Thanks,
2022-8-2
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

I'd be very upset if you don't get your replacement before your trip. Are there any actions to take to DJI if they don't resolve this today?
I think you've waited enough, honestly.
2022-8-2
Use props
Teflondon
lvl.1
Canada

I am definitely annoyed and upset.

DJI has amazing products, but the quality of their customer service is just not up to standards with what a company like this should have. It's unfortunate.
2022-8-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Teflondon Posted at 8-2 07:50
I am definitely annoyed and upset.

DJI has amazing products, but the quality of their customer service is just not up to standards with what a company like this should have. It's unfortunate.

Update:
1. We are deeply sorry about your problem, we will resend you a tracking number today.
In the meantime, please don't worry, your package is expected to arrive around this Thursday (August 4th).
2. And our manager will continue to contact you about your issue.

Besides, if you have any needs or questions, you can contact us here as well. We will reply to you ASAP. Sorry again for the unpleasant experience.

2022-8-2
Use props
fans7d654414
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29856 ft
United States

Customer service has been feeding me lies too. I bought an Air 2S with smart remote that arrived defective. They have been feeding me excuse after excuse with “that’s the process”. These are not toys, people use these for business, search and rescue, disaster assessment and other very sensitive and time-critical things and to have such terrible customer service across the board is totally unacceptable. They shipped me a bad product and don’t seem to have any interest in making it right. Their sole concerns seem to be with pushing out products with hardly any focus on supporting the customers they already have with QUALITY customer service.
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans7d654414 Posted at 8-5 12:56
Customer service has been feeding me lies too. I bought an Air 2S with smart remote that arrived defective. They have been feeding me excuse after excuse with “that’s the process”. These are not toys, people use these for business, search and rescue, disaster assessment and other very sensitive and time-critical things and to have such terrible customer service across the board is totally unacceptable. They shipped me a bad product and don’t seem to have any interest in making it right. Their sole concerns seem to be with pushing out products with hardly any focus on supporting the customers they already have with QUALITY customer service.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Due to the weekend, our process might be delayed but we will confirm details with the relevant team asap. Please don't worry.
2022-8-5
Use props
Teflondon
lvl.1
Canada

Hey guys, just a quick update:

1. Customer service has been in contact and has remained so.
2. I received the replacement on August 3d.  Total time from me shipping to them,  to receiving back was 8 days.

Customer service did get involved and did their best to rectify.

I can attest that DJI is making an effort to improve and does care

Thanks!

2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Teflondon Posted at 8-10 16:58
Hey guys, just a quick update:

1. Customer service has been in contact and has remained so.

Thank you very much for the feedback and support as well.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.
2022-8-10
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

I completely agree with the original post, “express” is just a scam from a China based company who doesn’t know how to handle customer service and puts profits above customers

Let’s support American Drone companies!
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SupBro Posted at 10-9 19:33
I completely agree with the original post, “express” is just a scam from a China based company who doesn’t know how to handle customer service and puts profits above customers

Let’s support American Drone companies!

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. We managed to find out your case number through your forum account. After further checking, we noticed that your package is still on the way to our facility. We have forwarded your feedback to our team and will handle your case once we receive it ASAP. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules