Pitch angle warning??
7375 6 2022-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fizzyfizz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67520 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I often get a warning pop up on my screen prior to take-off informing 'Aircraft pitch angle too large'. What does it mean?

THANKS

pitchangle.jpg
2022-7-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Never seen this message in a flightlog.
Craft should be kept horizontal at start, mayby also during powering up.

But guess you held the craft like this....

Try to calibrate the IMU, mayby one sensor is 'measuring' a false pitch angle.

cheers
JJB

2022-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there fizzyfizz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this error message on the DJI Fly application, did your DJI Drone had a hard landing or a crash before? Thank you.
2022-7-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If the reason for the message is that the drone is not level at launching, there's no need to recalibrate anything.
Just launch from a level surface in future.
2022-7-30
Use props
fizzyfizz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67520 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies. DJI Stephen.. no, I haven’t had a crash (yet) but I have launched and landed using my hand a few times due to uneven ground.
2022-7-30
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Netherlands

I have seen this a few times when trying to take off by hand with the Mini 3 Pro, but with the Mini 2, I've never seen that message and i always hand launch them.
I suspect it's the way the Mini 3 Pro sits, the back props sit higher than the front and it probably throws you off a bit and you sort of subconsciously adjust so that the front and back props are level hence the error, that's my guess.
2022-7-30
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

I can confirm this error massage.
Got it after one of the last FW updates as i tried to start from a surface that was about 3 to 5 degrees of level.
IMU calibration solved it for me.
2022-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules