1072 5 2022-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyworks_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131759 ft
Slovakia

Hi there,
I've noticed some weird artifacts in the Mavic 3 image sensor. See the attached images (tested in studio enviroment and outside).
It is mostly visible in the center area, and it has two or three different patterns.
Sometimes even color shift towards magenta..
Anybody experiencing this ?

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
2022-8-1
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Tried forcing a few files, but didn't manage to get those labyrinth like artifacts. Artifacts are always in the same place?

Wich software do you use to develop? Try to open the DNGs in Rawdigger to see if it's present on the DNG.

Try deactivating denoise (I think this will be the cause) and unsharp mask corrections to see if it's a camera problem or a developement problem.

Try using enhance details (right click on the image in lightroom on the develop module) and see if it gets any better.
2022-8-2
Use props
skyworks.sk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131759 ft
Slovakia

I am using Adobe Camera Raw in PS, also tried newest version - no difference.
Also compared more images and it doesn't seem to be appearing at the same place.
Of course you have to push the image to see it - if you play with it and try Texture 100, Clarity 100, Dehaze 100.
I noticed that it is mostly visible on the horizon.
Look at the comparison.

Original DNG files for download:
1. image - https://ithe.design/tmp/1.DNG
2. image - https://ithe.design/tmp/2.DNG

2022-8-2
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyworks.sk Posted at 8-2 11:39
I am using Adobe Camera Raw in PS, also tried newest version - no difference.
Also compared more images and it doesn't seem to be appearing at the same place.
Of course you have to push the image to see it - if you play with it and try Texture 100, Clarity 100, Dehaze 100.

Not to say there isn't truly an issue with your sensor...
But if you're pushing dehaze, clarity, and texture to 100 in order to see the issue... it makes me think it's a developing issue caused by Camera RAW and the effects you're applying.
2022-8-2
Use props
djiuser_FHrQRhU4Zgr3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151962 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have two Mavic's 3 and both had this issue until the latest firmware update, now it's mostly resolved apart from random labyrinth artifacts on buildings
2022-8-19
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labyrinth Artifacts?!

What you're looking at is a "moiré pattern" and "colour moiré". Sadly just something cameras suffer from in certain circumstances of repeating patterns, especially fabrics.
2022-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules