18271 187 2022-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bgreenstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 709495 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went from an old Mavic Pro to a Mini 3, and my biggest disappointment is that the Mini 3 and the DJI Fly app doesn’t support waypoint missions.  Those are critical for setting up reproducible flight paths for filming complex maneuvers.  Now, the only way to film a complex path is to manually fly it and hope you get it right.  This is a crippling loss not to have that feature.  Oddly, it’s there in Hyperlapse mode, but not regular flight mode.
2022-8-2
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

Agree. Ditto. Same. Thumbs up. Hat tip.
2022-8-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its not really a loss,  none of the Mini drones have waypoints and it was never advertised to have them.
2022-8-2
Use props
DocSavage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48107 ft
United Kingdom

+1 .............
2022-8-2
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

+1 from me too. thnks for posting this
2022-8-3
Use props
DJI-PDR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22582 ft
United Kingdom

+1 from me!
2022-8-3
Use props
fans6b6353ff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2388 ft
  • >>>
Austria

+1 from me
2022-8-3
Use props
lionelrik
lvl.2

United Kingdom

+1 here also. How hard can it be to implement?  Would love to have it so I can concentrate on the camera rather than the flying. I think I've mentioned this in an earlier post, that it would help you plan shots.  Its almost like having a virtual two man drone operation (1 to fly, the other too shoot).  I'm wondering if the android device in the RC is limiting the things we could potentially do with this drone?
2022-8-3
Use props
MS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

+1 from me, myself and I.
2022-8-3
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 Its labelled "Pro" in my opinion it should have waypoints.
2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-3
Use props
bgreenstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 709495 ft
  • >>>
United States

The thing is that the feature is 100% there already, but you can only use it if you’re doing Hyperlapses.  To make it work in regular flight mode all they have to do is add the option to access it.  Frustrating!
2022-8-3
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

+1 for waypoints
2022-8-3
Use props
lionelrik
lvl.2

United Kingdom

bgreenstone Posted at 8-3 04:42
The thing is that the feature is 100% there already, but you can only use it if you’re doing Hyperlapses.  To make it work in regular flight mode all they have to do is add the option to access it.  Frustrating!

I just think it would be a killer app addition. The options could be endless.  Cmon DJI.
2022-8-3
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-3 01:39
Sadly, no DJI drone since the Mavic 2 P/Z has included true Waypoint support.  I suspect this is DJI limiting their legal liability.  You can add quasi-Waypoint support by purchasing the Litchi app.  Instead of uploading the Waypoint mission to the bird where it is flown autonomously, Litchi flies the mission in real-time via the RC connection.  This means you can't fly missions beyond RC range, or where a mission passes behind an object where the connection is temporarily lost.  On signal loss the bird will RTH.

Its going to be quite some time before the Mini 3 Pro will be supported in Litchi.
2022-8-3
Use props
Select_Wes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1309695 ft
United States

+1 here to
2022-8-15
Use props
Blue Sky
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-3 01:42
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

Paladin.  Waypoint is absolutely essential for various scenarios.  For example, when on vacation at the beach with a Phantom 3 years ago and Litchi, I was able to sit down at a table while eating lunch and pre plan a 10 minute mission that traveled at roughly 2 m.p.h. with a total radius of roughly 200 feet.  It was my personal video crew that was able to film while walking and swimming along the beach.  I could give 100 other examples but you get the point.  Having access to ground elevation and altitudes etc.  Its absolutely necessary.  I unfortunately will not buy any DJI.product until waypoint (specifically the ability to PRE PLAN on computer or phone etc.).
Extremely disappointed DJI will not include this.  For many people Im sure they could care less but Im positive there are thousands of people not purchasing for this reason.  It mist be installed, period.
2022-8-30
Use props
Goggles Pisano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 for Waypoints
2022-8-30
Use props
Blue Sky
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-3 01:42

Paladin.  Now that Im my soap box, WHY are goggles not available with all models or exclusive to some.
I dont want and Avanta snd I dont an FPV, but I DO want a mini 3 Pro that works with goggles AND HAS WAYPOINT!!!  Maybe I wwnt to plan a waypoiny mission through the mountains and sit back and enjoy thriugh goggles  or maybe I want to fly through new terrain with goggles and experience an immersive scenario.

What is the deal with these marketing ploys... To try and sell more drones?  Make it open ended.  Any drone I buy works with any set of goggles PERIOD.  Easy.
2022-8-30
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blue Sky Posted at 8-30 15:03
Paladin.  Now that Im my soap box, WHY are goggles not available with all models or exclusive to some.
I dont want and Avanta snd I dont an FPV, but I DO want a mini 3 Pro that works with goggles AND HAS WAYPOINT!!!  Maybe I wwnt to plan a waypoiny mission through the mountains and sit back and enjoy thriugh goggles  or maybe I want to fly through new terrain with goggles and experience an immersive scenario.

hi blue sky, unfortunately you'll have to work for the firm in order to get the things that you ask for.  i understand the phrase "customers know best" but i actually think you might be taking it a bit too far.  what you are asking for is not unreasonable but it's not likely for the particular product you are asking about.  if you want these things, go out and get them....where they are available....with another product.  it's not as if you can demand these things in the model of your choice....the firm creates the product with the feature set and the offerings within the scope of their own choosing.  it's their choice and as a customer you vote with your dollars.  don't get me wrong, it's ok to ask but try not to make it sounds like demands or pretend like someone is working against you or holding out on you only looking towards profits.  the mini 3 pro is not a cadillac it's a mercedes and it's not meant to cruise around on autopilot as you are immersed in a pair of dreamy goggles.  that costs more money and frankly the target market shouldnt have to pay more for something only a few people want.  anyway if they made a mini 3.5 fpv and tried to sell it for $1500 as you described, hell you prob wouldnt even buy it and dji would be left holding the bag.  i know i might get a couple of tds for this but the truth hurts i guess.
2022-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Blue Sky Posted at 8-30 14:36
Paladin.  Waypoint is absolutely essential for various scenarios.  For example, when on vacation at the beach with a Phantom 3 years ago and Litchi, I was able to sit down at a table while eating lunch and pre plan a 10 minute mission that traveled at roughly 2 m.p.h. with a total radius of roughly 200 feet.  It was my personal video crew that was able to film while walking and swimming along the beach.  I could give 100 other examples but you get the point.  Having access to ground elevation and altitudes etc.  Its absolutely necessary.  I unfortunately will not buy any DJI.product until waypoint (specifically the ability to PRE PLAN on computer or phone etc.).
Extremely disappointed DJI will not include this.  For many people Im sure they could care less but Im positive there are thousands of people not purchasing for this reason.  It mist be installed, period.

Thank you for your response. This request is already been forwarded to our designated team. We will keep you posted once we receive some information. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-9-1
Use props
pele2020
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2600305 ft
Germany

Hey,

if you want to implement the M3P into film production then Videowaypoints are very important.

I am a little disappointed.

Can someone from the admins tell us why this isn't unlocked?

The drone is perfect for production but without the most useful feature.

I am sad.

kind regards
2022-9-2
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ok i get it now.

it's kinda like buying a 2wd vw rabbit and then demanding that vw unlock the block they have that only allowed 2 wheels to drive the car and let all 4 wheels spin (4wd) so you can cross the appalachian mountains during using the gravel trail instead of the paved highway.  and on top of that, why don't vw let you swap out the 12" wheels for the rugged knobby tires that are only offered in 16" or greater so please vw fix your car computer so it doesn't screw up when you blow up the wheel size and rub the fenders when it rotates.  and you want vw to do all of this for you....for free; nevermind a business called tennessee backcountry outfitters who offers this service (not for free) for all cars if you pay them and they can get the specs from vw.  or you can go ahead and buy the vw outback xlt model which is suitable for off-road experiences in the first place.

i don't work for dji so i can say this:  if the dji mini 3 pro doesn't do what you want it do, buy a different drone that does.  if a different drone doesn't do everything you need it to do, buy a drone that comes the closest.  it's 2022, not 2122...don't expect miracles.
2022-9-2
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Let's see it this way ... the name PRO implies, that this drone can also be used by professionals. But those pros so far are pretty disappointed, because waypoints and third party app support are missing so far.

And it has a reason, that some pros, especially part-time pros, are interested in such a light drone.
2022-9-2
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Not even the Mavic 3 Cine has waypoint.  Looks like DJI are going to only implement it on expensive enterprise drones.
2022-9-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Since you can set waypoints in Hyperlapse and save the mission, there is absolutely zero mechanical, electronic or digital reason to not include waypoints for video or photo.
2022-9-2
Use props
Koldtoft
lvl.1
Denmark

What Mobilehomer said
2022-9-10
Use props
fairoaksdave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102313 ft
United States

+1 bought this assuming that waypoints would extend beyond hyperlapse
2022-9-17
Use props
fans59f0558d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182303 ft
United States

Will Litchi ever support the Mini 3 Pro?
2022-11-26
Use props
willstones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Waypoints just been added to Mavic 3. Also DJI just released the Mini 3 (non-pro). Waypoints for the Mini 3 Pro would be amazing and would set the Mini 3 Pro ahead of the Mini 3.

Please DJI can we have waypoints on the Mini 3 Pro?
2022-12-9
Use props
fansb25ae3e2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36939 ft
United Kingdom

Don't understand why DJI want customers to use a 3rd party app  Litchi to do waypoint videos noing full well its what all there customers want using dji apps
2022-12-9
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

You can't use 3rd party apps with the mavic or mini 3....
They're reserving it via software cripples to enterprise drones.
2022-12-9
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansb25ae3e2 Posted at 12-9 14:15
Don't understand why DJI want customers to use a 3rd party app  Litchi to do waypoint videos noing full well its what all there customers want using dji apps

dji doesnt want anything; actually they could pretty much care less
2022-12-9
Use props
agrajag
lvl.1
Germany

+1 for Waypoints and iOS SDK support
2022-12-10
Use props
cPT.cAPSLOCK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42083 ft

Netherlands

I also assumed waypoints would be in there for video, not only hyperlapse. That was a big letdown.
Now that the Mavic 3 got them, hopefully the Mini 3 Pro also gets them.
2022-12-11
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939127 ft
Canada

cPT.cAPSLOCK Posted at 12-11 09:00
I also assumed waypoints would be in there for video, not only hyperlapse. That was a big letdown.
Now that the Mavic 3 got them, hopefully the Mini 3 Pro also gets them.

I also hope that this will be implemented to differentiate the M3P from the M3 and further incentivize/ justify the cost  difference.

C'mon DJI make us proud.
2022-12-11
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

Yes video waypoints please DJI.
I wound like to document a river by following its path from source to sea. When I need to bring the drone in to move base or replace the battery, waypoints should allow me to put it back in the sky to where it left off, and so create perfect continuity.
2022-12-11
Use props
Blackbird-ARG
New
Flight distance : 46798 ft
Argentina

+1 for waypoints
2022-12-12
Use props
PietPompies
lvl.1
Flight distance : 145315 ft

South Africa

+1000 for #Waypoints! Just bought my first drone, a DJI MINI 3 PRO, assuming something like "waypoint missions" is kind of standard to have, and coming in the box, with a drone. My idea with the drone was not only inquisitive fun, but sending it on routine missions to patrol the farm, see whether the dams are full, where the cattle are grazing, whether the wind has not blown some solar panels away, keeping an eye on the river level, and so forth...

@DJI - will the MINI 3 PRO eventually be allowing me to be able to send my little drone out as a deckhand on the farm? - then I'll hang in there and patiently wait for a firmware update to set this one free on its waypoint missions. Or shall I return this one (I've only had it since Friday), and eventually go for the MAVIC 3 instead, so I can have waypoints?

Man, I saw some great YouTube videos today, explaining the new waypoint addition in the new firmware, and it is absolutely amazing job DJI did! But why not for the MINI also?  
2022-12-12
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PietPompies Posted at 12-12 09:11
+1000 for #Waypoints! Just bought my first drone, a DJI MINI 3 PRO, assuming something like "waypoint missions" is kind of standard to have, and coming in the box, with a drone. My idea with the drone was not only inquisitive fun, but sending it on routine missions to patrol the farm, see whether the dams are full, where the cattle are grazing, whether the wind has not blown some solar panels away, keeping an eye on the river level, and so forth...

@DJI - will the MINI 3 PRO eventually be allowing me to be able to send my little drone out as a deckhand on the farm? - then I'll hang in there and patiently wait for a firmware update to set this one free on its waypoint missions. Or shall I return this one (I've only had it since Friday), and eventually go for the MAVIC 3 instead, so I can have waypoints?

my opinion is you need to buy the right equipment that is suitable for the task you are trying to accomplish.  what you desire is [mostly] available in many drones already on the market and it isn't necessary to buy something "inferior" and then have to wait for the manufacturer to make it happen.  it would be like needed to haul lumber and farm equipment from one side of your farm to the other but buying a vw beetle instead of an f150.  the mini 3 pro does not have waypoints and probably won't soon so don't waste your time and money; get the mavic 3 or a used mavic 2.  of course you can fly the mini 3 wherever you wish but you'll have to do so manually instead of automatically.  unless you want to get a mini 2 and take advantage of 3rd party software that already provides these features.
2022-12-12
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules