Dji go app needs a compency test b4 unlocking p3 access
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

A simple 20 question multiple choice test based on the user manual should have to be passed with a score of 100% before unlocking the p3 for flight..  A 1 time test per aircraft per user account so if it's sold new or used a new pilot would have to take the quiz..  Too many people causing problems when reading the manual would have prevented it!
2015-8-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the new Go app there is a section on safe flying that must be completed before being able to connect to the craft.
2015-8-5
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

I just love being mothered

why don't you just make people answer the questions before they are allowed to purchase? oh maybe not that would interfere with your profits and we don't want that do we, profit comes before safety !
2015-8-5
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2015-8-6 04:08
I just love being mothered  

why don't you just make people answer the questions before they are  ...

Stupid comment. Think about what you posted
2015-8-5
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-6 04:03
With the new Go app there is a section on safe flying that must be completed before being able to co ...

I was able to skip that, so it can't be mandatory.
2015-8-5
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

I know we all drive cars with no license... come on we are responsible adults  lmao
2015-8-5
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

I did think and then I post it..  I take it niwilson is one of the people I'm talking about that don't like to read a manual or follow common since laws..  I can't imagine anyone who is against all the stupidity going on would see an issue with my post.  Force people to read 20 minutes do they have the knowledge you fly the machine before flying it and educate them about the 2 important safety rules so they know they are being idiots at least while they go above 400 ft altitude and don't yield the right away to a 757...  
2015-8-5
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Looks like dji agrees with me from what Tahoe Ed says.,  but everyone who updated to the go app should have been locked out until completing it so not just new customers are educated..  But I think the test I mentioned is a better idea because they can't just flip thru it..  They will have to actually know the important things before being allowed to take off..  And anyone that complains about something like that shouldn't be flying a copter.  Any educated person that is a responsible flyer that wants to protect the boing 747 and its passengers from going down due to a drone sure wouldn't mind a dimple 20 question multiple choice test b4 flying..  I think this is a way dji can really make a difference.  That way if you do something dumb and crash a jet it will be easier for the jury to hunt you cuz you can't play stupid...  I care about my hobby and my family that fly on planes, who doesn't?  And I don't want to be the one everyone looks at for causing a passenger plane to crash or to give more reasons for harsher restrictions on flying my ADULT toys
2015-8-5
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Sinbad is clearly someone against making things safer and protecting the hobby and is clearly concerned he couldn't pass the simple test so he is able to more responsibly fly his drone.. And quizzing someone before owning a copter would be pointless..  The issues arise once they own it and have it at their disposal and are uneducated not when they are looking to buy one because they can't do stupid crap when they can't fly it due to not owning one....  DUH!
2015-8-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have been having this discussion since DJI introduced the NFZ.  The argument on the other side is I bought this unit, it is mine and I can do with it as I wish.  Not right minded thinking in my opinion but many have it.  DJI is trying to take the higher ground on this issue but unless our competition follows suit or legislation is enacted requiring it, we will be a competitive disadvantage for some users.  Time will tell.  We appreciate all your comments and concerns.  I will be at  DJI HQ at the end of the month and will convey your ideas.
2015-8-6
Use props
westland
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3484 ft
United States

No Bigee ... I forgot that I had even done this ...
2015-8-6
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

let's face it it is in DJI interest that these irresponsible people don't fly. So that the FAA doesn't just out right ban the hobby... i agree, and at some point in the future i do foresee the gov requiring some kind of pilot test to make sure people are doing the right thing. Which is in the best interest of everyone i think. No i am not for big brother watching you but safety is important and in a world where people just can't take responsibility it is  a necessity. Too easy to say i lost control hurt 4 people, not my fault it's DJI's product that was faulty.
I fell in love with this product and do hope that nothing bad happens as that would not only cripple a great hobby but also cripple several companies.
2015-8-6
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-8-6 13:38
Sinbad is clearly someone against making things safer and protecting the hobby and is clearly concer ...

Your talking through your ass, I have passed more exams than you have fingers and toes. you seriously think answering a few questions will prevent idiots from flying over the legal limit... right.

Just as the driving exam prevents all youngsters from speeding.

we listened to people like you we will end up wit the missus walking in front of  the drone with a red flag.

2015-8-7
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2015-8-8 04:44
Your talking through your ass, I have passed more exams than you have fingers and toes. you seriou ...

Maybe he is, and maybe he isn't talking thru his arse. Too many stupid people that that plunking down $1000 USD gives them a right to operate anyhow they with.

I've been identified as being too concerned about safety. I can easily get the FAA part 333 exemption and will still be able to fly. DJI could be forced into another firmware upgrade locking you out of the Phantom either until you get licensed or or purchase insurance before flight.

Just like gun ownership in the USA, it only takes one person acting out that brings a bad name to the entire hobby or brings about a restriction on your constitutional rights.

Every day the MSM publishes a story of a near miss involving a airplane and a drone. The drone is the new pit bull. Now anything that flys via remote control is a drone. We can police ourselves. We  probably won't like what big brother has in mind.
2015-8-7
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

@ Sinbad, no I'm not talking out of my ass..  and I'm not talking about preventing anything, just making sure people know the important stuff b4 flying.. a few rules and a few how my air craft operates..  nothing really intrusive..  and by all means feel free to come up with some suggestions of your own instead of just talking out of your anus...  Tahoe Has A Good point that all the companies need to do it b4 there is government regulations makingv shit a while lot harder or worse on us all.  We need like a usb or hdmi specification for our copters meaning,  someone needs to put together a organization or at least someone paid by one of these companies to coordinate safety measures with all manufacturers so no one becomes facing a economical disadvantage due to trying to make things safe or safer!  I think dji and all the other companies would lose less money coordinating something like this vs sitting back and waiting for the government to do something cuz then shit may not sell like it is now.   At the same time dji needs these dumb a$$e$ cuz anyone with a brain will just build their own copter.. consider it investing in their company,  cuz these issues are getting bigger and the more crap that happens is going to make governments regulate harder..  i think a test from dji b4 being able to fly would be a while lot easier than having to get a licence from the government of it goes down that road..  and a 1 time test lock on a copter isn't a real bad thing.  It may prevent the government passing a law regulating copters to 100ft..  

Im just suggesting dji and others protect their investment my protecting our right to fly responsibly...  maybe my idea is crap,  it very well could be,  but we need an idea.  Some idea to keep shit safe and the government off all our asses.  That I do know is a good idea!
2015-8-7
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

No ideas Mr sinbad? Figures! Lol
2015-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules