123Next >
9599 84 2022-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19041243 ft
United States

this is a repost because I can not seem to get any help on fixing this app anywhere
all of a sudden the other day the fly app QUIT & does not open on my  pixel 3 lx android 12. after it has been working great all along with no  issues .
I was flying my drone and all was well and when i had landed & changed out a depleted battery & got ready for another flight.

I  restarted the fly-app, the app goes to splash screen, then poof it disappear, but appears to be still running in the background.  it kept crashing/closing ever since.   it made a very short night of  flying. Because I could never get the fly app to load again.   so when i  got home,  I tried reinstalling the app version 1.6.9  from the DJI  fly app download page.
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly  and it still did not work.

Then I clean out my  app cache, nothing. then next  cleared the storage data and still nothing ,  then I uninstalled  the app completely and did a clean new download and and clean install and still nothing working,  it will not load or go beyond the splash  screen then it crashes.

The funny thing is all my other apps work great & the Aloft - Kitty hawk app loads and will run my mini 2 fine,  but the DJI fly app keeps crashing .  how can I fix the Fly app 1.6.9 that I downloaded off the dji site
Please don't ask for any logs because I had done a hard phone reset  to clear everything trying to get  the crap-app to work.. Grrrr I am very upset. if it weren't for the fact I  have a refresh protection plan attached to the fly-app  I would not use the DJI fly app at all , and just stay with kittyhawks aloft app or litchei which works

My question is , with all the politics going on lately has China Bricked Our Drones in the USA? is that why our fly apps have stopped working? if not then whats up?

installing and reinstalling the app from the dji website did not fix the problem as suggested on the dji forum.
I did a factory reset of my Pixel 3XL Android 12 and it still did not fix the Fly app.

The problem is the fly app. why because it closes once the splash screen loads. and I can not get beyond that problem when this app had been working he day before . that is why I asked if our drones have been bricked in the USA?

I am so frustrated I could scream. please help

2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_Tl6vhhO77HMA
New

United States

I am also having the same issue. It happened exactly as the author described it. Only difference is I am running android 12 on Lenovo M10 plus tablet. Please help us get back to the skies
2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_DDd32v9mYoOQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215538 ft
Poland

The same here. From the morning DJI FLY does not work - no version - POCO X3 PRO Android 12.
And tomorrow, going on vacation ...
2022-8-6
Use props
Crackwood
lvl.1
Canada

Same issue, Yesterady I was flying it, working fine.  Today I take a 40min bus to fly it in my old school and bang ... app crash.  Nothing happens between yesterday and today.  Cause seems lost on my phone, pixel6Pro.  So I re-installed it on my old cell , the S20 ultra,  and it is working ...  I connected it, close it , re connected to the drone .. seems working well.  But Not on my Pixel 6pro.
2022-8-6
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

Same experience The app won't load Pixel 3 OS 12
2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_zOX8OFmWZn1K
New

United States

I am also having the same problem. Working and flying last week (my last flight), now it only opens and immediately the screen crashes and disappears. It stays in background but cannot be accessed. I have also tried clearing storage, reinstalling, etc, all with no luck.

Pixel 4, Android 12
2022-8-6
Use props
Crackwood
lvl.1
Canada

It seems to happens a lot on the Pixel phone family
2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_lNh6G0elNLyQ
New
United States

Crackwood Posted at 8-6 19:36
It seems to happens a lot on the Pixel phone family

I have a one+ 10 and also have this issue
2022-8-6
Use props
Fly_high_flow_l
New

Canada

[in Canada) Same problem yesterday, went through the exact same steps for fixing previously working.(unsuccessfully), Pixel4 (in DJI approved list) and Android 12.The application was working fine just 3 days before. No Android , no new application installation before FLY app failure.

2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_xm62hon8rxN1
lvl.1

Czechia

Google Pixel 4a, Android 12, after today's latest update triggered by the app itself, won't start - shows the boot logo for about 2 seconds and crashes without an error message. I uninstalled the app, then downloaded last APK  from the DJI website, allowed installation from third-party sources, and installed it. The result is unchanged
2022-8-7
Use props
PB360VRmini2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11791 ft
Russia

Hi everybody. Everything is the same with me. From November 2021 (as I bought a Mini 2) and until August 3, it worked stably on Pixel 3 (Android 11, then 12). Today, on August 7, it does not launch further than the logo, as version 1.5.10, as well as 1.6.9. Alternatively installed on the LG V30 (Android 7) - it starts and flies OK.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_0uhMjR6soqiL
New

Spain

Yo tengo el mismo problema,estoy aburrido...mi teléfono es un oppo find x2 pro y android 12,que puedo hacer, necesito ayuda
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_QE18okTClSUQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96407 ft
France

Hello bug also oneplus 8 pro on Android 12
I have never issue before
I cant start or reinstall the application.

I cant use my drone
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_USQY0nRTMoWw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 504154 ft

Bosnia and Herzegovina

It's a shame!!! After update the app is crashing on open. Tried to Uninstall the app and install old version, but it's crashing again! Pixel 5. This is catastrophic.
2022-8-7
Use props
PB360VRmini2
lvl.1
Russia

I have just tried previous versions - unsuccessfully. And I also tried the TELLO app that has been installed for a long time - and it does not start. I believe that the ban comes from Google from its latest Play Services updates.
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dear all:

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Please don't worry, our relevant team is checking this problem.

If you are urgent about this issue, you can also ask me to get more help. (You can contact me via PM)

Besides, if you need any support, you can contact us anytime here.
2022-8-8
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-8 01:07
Dear all:

Hi Thank you for your reply
I am still unable to get  the fly app to work.  not matter what I have tried that has been suggested on the DJI forums
Also there was no test file in the link you provided for me to try .

I have tried repeatedly to get the DJI fly app t work after installing the app after doing a hard factory reset of my phone .
I also tried installing after a factory reset NOT allowing google to update any of my apps threw the play store.  on the odd chance google put out a update that may have  caused the fly-app to keep crashing.

So my choices have come to this .  I can fly using a 3rd party app like  litchie and void my warranty or I can remained totally grounded until DJI fixes the problem with the fly app.

BTW I tried loading the fly app on my husbands phone a Samsung galaxy s22 android 12 OS that has not been updated. and it will do the same thing. the fly app starts, then loads the splash screen and then the app closes, disappears, unable to load or connect to the controller.

How can I fly my beautiful drone?    I am very worried.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_3jpu8ykcPrB8
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-8 01:07
Dear all:

I need urgent help please! Got a job tomorrow for aerial footage and just prepped the drone and noticed the same issue as described with DJI Fly on my Pixel.

2022-8-8
Use props
centralgraphics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34993 ft

United Kingdom

I have the same problem the app was working fine then the app suddenly stopped opening I have cleared the cache as instructed and reinstalled 3x why is this happening my phone is a Samsung S20.  I now cant fast transfer to my phone and also for some reason I cant access the micro SD card via an adaptor as it will not appear on my MacBook desktop so I have no way to download my photo's or videos this is really frustrating and not acceptable I paid a lot of money for this drone I should have kept my Mavic Pro 4 years of trouble free use. Is there someone from DJI that can tell us when this will be sorted or is it best to return the drone to DJI as its unusable/faulty.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_QEH1U3FztcBE
New
France

Same here...pixel 4 a android 12. Mini 2 .1.6.9  . So frustrated!!!!
2022-8-8
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

This beta version loads and opens on my pixel3lx  But I have not test flown on the app I just got it to load
https://www.dji.com/dji-fly#downloadofficial-sec-android 12 beta
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_uoLp5BGg9tmx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 265545 ft
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 8-8 11:21
This beta version loads and opens on my pixel3lx  But I have not test flown on the app I just got it to load
https://www.dji.com/dji-fly#downloadofficial-sec-android 12 beta

Hi Ms Ivy are you able to please repost the link to the beta?  I can't seem to access it from your prior post and would like to give it a try.  Thanks!
2022-8-8
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

this is the direct download copy/paste link  https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 4-825f-d94344385628
and the download page for Android v1.4.8 beta  Requires Android 6.0 or above.copy-paste url https://www.dji.com/dji-fly#download
2022-8-8
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

also I want to note when test flying it tonight the location map only show locations that are in China
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ms Ivy Posted at 8-8 14:52
also I want to note when test flying it tonight the location map only show locations that are in China

Hi, there. Thanks for the update and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We have sent you a PM, could you please check?
Thank you in advance.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_QEH1U3FztcBE Posted at 8-8 10:44
Same here...pixel 4 a android 12. Mini 2 .1.6.9  . So frustrated!!!!

Hi, there. We are deeply sorry for your inconvenience.
Please check your PM to get more details.
You can find your PM below way.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

centralgraphics@talktalk.net Posted at 8-8 10:36
I have the same problem was working fine the the app suddenly stopped opening I have cleared the cache and reinstalled 3x why is this happening my phone is a Samsung S20  I now cant fast transfer to my phone and for some reason I cant access the micro SD card as it will not appear on my MacBook desktop, this is really frustrating.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We have sent you a PM to help you more with this issue, could you please check?
Thank you.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_uoLp5BGg9tmx Posted at 8-8 14:39
Hi Ms Ivy are you able to please repost the link to the beta?  I can't seem to access it from your prior post and would like to give it a try.  Thanks!

Hi, there.
We noticed that you have sent us a PM, you can check your PM to see if our solution can help you more with it, thank you.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_3jpu8ykcPrB8 Posted at 8-8 10:24
I need urgent help please! Got a job tomorrow for aerial footage and just prepped the drone and noticed the same issue as described with DJI Fly on my Pixel.

Hi, there.
Thank you in advance.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_cDkO2fdIEuRT
lvl.1
United States

I'm experiencing the same issue as everyone else.  Pixel 4a.  Lost out on some jobs today.  Need a solution by morning.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_H24G80Kniiu5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207152 ft
United States

I'm experiencing the same issue. Pixel 6 Pro.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_N8CsnQcBX34r
New

Canada

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue. Pixel 5 running android 12. Installed 1657082707253-DJI-v1.6.9-220705-1005-52705-official-sec.apk and it crashes after the splash screen. Installed the android 12 beta 1621503481065-DJI-v1.4.2-210514-1006-48008-official-sec-android12beta.apk and it crashes right away. Please help! Thanks!
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_5CI4s9iWQ5ba
New

Armenia

Same problem on Google Pixel 5a
2022-8-9
Use props
PB360VRmini2
lvl.1
Russia

Today I've tested development version DJI-v1.6.12-220807 and its work without trouble on Pixel 3. Huge thanks to DJI_Natalia and support team !
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_qDvNEnk0i2jT
New

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-8 18:00
Hi, there.

I have a google pixel 6 pro and have the same issue, can I also get the fix?
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_qDvNEnk0i2jT
New

Canada

PB360VRmini2 Posted at 8-9 06:46
Today I've tested development version DJI-v1.6.12-220807 and its work without trouble on Pixel 3. Huge thanks to DJI_Natalia and support team !

Where do we get the fixed version?
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_eE1C2dG9nanC
New
Argentina

In Argentina same problem. I´ve got POCO F3 with Android 13. Please, we need a solution!!!
2022-8-9
Use props
Shaner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10955 ft
United States

Same thing for me. Pixel 6 pro, tried 6 different app versions, all with the same results.
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_J8Qxm0128Kd1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50033 ft
Spain

Oneplus 9 here and exact same problem
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_yJUyWc3ZwBqc
New
Flight distance : 111631 ft