Bluetooth shutter button support
1561 6 2022-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
avalon_19
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI Mimo app for some reason does not support recording activation with bluetooth shutter button which is really a shame. I mean most of Camera apps does support it and there is nothing complex to implement such feature. All those bluetooth shutter buttons basically just emulate Volume+ button press, and in most camera apps that would trigger recording, but not in DJI Mimo. It would be support covienient, to be able to put your OSMO pocket with smartphone connected on tripod in selfie mode, so that you can see yourself on large phone screen, and then trigger recording without need to reach out for phone screen.

Does anyone know what it's like that? Maybe there is workaround to make this kind of shutter buttons work with DJI Mimo?

2022-8-6
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

Setting a timer for recording should help.
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there avalon_19. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will forward these matter and information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-8-6
Use props
avalon_19
lvl.1

Ukraine

wa.jesse07 Posted at 8-6 17:18
Setting a timer for recording should help.

Well not exactly, when you are making a video, and have to take couple of tries. You don't know in advance how many tries you would need and every time you screw up, you have to come to camera, stop recording and start new one. Which is not too convenient, having remote button would be much better. Having a timer would only help with avoiding video cropping.

More over, I was not able to find delay timer in DJI Mimo app, am I missing something?
2022-8-6
Use props
avalon_19
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-6 19:09
Hello there avalon_19. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will forward these matter and information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.

Thank you, hope it won't take years, as it sometimes happens with threads on this forum.
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

avalon_19 Posted at 8-6 21:35
Thank you, hope it won't take years, as it sometimes happens with threads on this forum.

Hi there avalon_19. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-8-7
Use props
avalon_19
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-7 21:08
Hi there avalon_19. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.

I've just found another thread on forum requesting same thing from 3 year ago, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D689%26typeid%3D689 . To be honest I really don't understand, what is so complex in this request so it takes more than 3 years to implement.
2022-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules