Distorted borders
619 9 2022-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Good day. I have attached an image that has been taken as RAW and edited in Lightroom.

In this image you can notice that both lower sides buildings appear distorted. This is how the RAW image preview shows and also after editing (both on Lightroom mobile and Desktop).

Is this a defect or should I apply some lens correction? What steps should I take to avoid this? My image settings are 3:2 Aspect ratio for RAW only.

Thanks in advance.
20220806-DJI_0164.jpg
2022-8-6
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

This is completely normal. Since the FOV on the Air2s is pretty wide, you will get distortion on the edges. Not sure how you could fix it but maybe cropping?
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dreamtuner. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots can share what editing software they are using and can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter as well. Thank you.
2022-8-6
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

wa.jesse07 Posted at 8-6 17:16
This is completely normal. Since the FOV on the Air2s is pretty wide, you will get distortion on the edges. Not sure how you could fix it but maybe cropping?

That's what I knew as well. Since it is not the case for video I guess cropping or applying some lens correction profile could be a workaround for images. Thanks!
2022-8-6
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-6 19:19
Hello there dreamtuner. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots can share what editing software they are using and can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter as well. Thank you.

Thanks Stephen
2022-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dreamtuner Posted at 8-6 21:33
That's what I knew as well. Since it is not the case for video I guess cropping or applying some lens correction profile could be a workaround for images. Thanks!

That's not a fault and nothing you can correct..
It's a feature of very wideangle lenses.
Your verticals are leaning in towards the centre because the lens was tilted downwards from perfectly horizontal.
If you tilt the camera up, verticals will appear to be falling outwards.
The keep verticals vertical, you need to keep the lens at 0° to the horizon.
2022-8-6
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

Labroides Posted at 8-6 21:54
That's not a fault and nothing you can correct..
It's a feature of very wideangle lenses.
Your verticals are leaning in towards the centre because the lens was tilted downwards from perfectly horizontal.

This is an upward tilted image.. tilted to the highest point.
2022-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dreamtuner Posted at 8-7 00:43
This is an upward tilted image.. tilted to the highest point.

I mixed up my upwards/downwards.
Everything else I said is correct.
https://pixelcraft.photo.blog/20 ... he-keystone-effect/
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there dreamtuner. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-8-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is not a defect lens (as far as I can see).
But if you want to see the 'true' distortion of the lens, shoot a subject with many horizontal and vertical lines while the drone is exactly parallel. (like a modern building)
(so there is not perspective change)
2022-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules