12Next >
9118 45 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Saw this over at Rc groups.............. want your 32 channels back instead of the limited 8?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 917&postcount=30331

Just tried it and works on android

2015-8-5
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

You are an angel ! everybody get it while its hot!
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I think I love you.......
2015-8-5
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

Awww shucks
2015-8-5
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

i don't get it. i have ipad mini 2 - the itunes store does not have apps showing.  how do I get the file?
2015-8-5
Use props
lvl.4

United States

Like was asked,  is this going to be ok with the new app?  I'm game for doing it.  I downloaded that file before the DJI gurus remove it
2015-8-5
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

Nice I will keep this in mind when I update. Hopefully it still works in the GO App.
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

bastell posted the .rar file. Look at his first post
2015-8-5
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-6 11:30
bastell posted the .rar file. Look at his first post

So it's removed? Darn. Glad I downloaded it already. Update.....looks like it's still there if you follow the link.
2015-8-5
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
Hong Kong

great to find that it is also working on DJI GO app
2015-8-5
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

DMB2015 Posted at 2015-8-6 10:28
i don't get it. i have ipad mini 2 - the itunes store does not have apps showing.  how do I get the  ...

Follow the link
2015-8-5
Use props
aviin
lvl.1

United States

Keep in mind that on an iPad, this is a hidden file on the iPad side of the file window in iTunes.  Transferring the file will require you to confirm you want to overwrite the existing file that you cannot see (or back up with the "Save To" button in iTunes).  Should you want to keep a copy of the original before overwriting it, you could use a program like iExplorer to do so.

Anyone care to speculate on whether or not using this file will void any warranties or violate any laws?  I've heard that the channels were trimmed down because the missing ones were not allowed for this application (example).
2015-8-5
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

aviin Posted at 2015-8-6 15:14
Keep in mind that on an iPad, this is a hidden file on the iPad side of the file window in iTunes.   ...

Guess it depends on where in the world your at.
2015-8-6
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

hopefully it works on the new android go app
2015-8-6
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

worked beautifully.  fixed my video loss problem..........   so for all the people that was saying it was hardware and send your bird in.............. NOT
2015-8-7
Use props
al.zamorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

works great in DJI GO.
2015-8-7
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Mudcon Posted at 2015-8-8 00:49
worked beautifully.  fixed my video loss problem..........   so for all the people that was saying i ...

So you think the disconnect problem can be solved with this? So you selected custom and selected one of the previously not available channels and got more range and no disconnects?
2015-8-7
Use props
cod_101.hotmail
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Does anyone know how to make the app think it's not in Europe?  I can't manually select a channel due to euro restrictions
2015-8-7
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

I think this is good, but what is the real value added to this?

Thanks
2015-8-7
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-8-8 02:09
I think this is good, but what is the real value added to this?

Thanks

the real value is I now have video stream the whole time time.  before my screen was digitizing and cutting out all the time and saying "no signal".    Its kinda hard when your far away and you can see what you want to take a picture of or record video of.
2015-8-7
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

Just remember: Only channels 13-20 are legal to use.

If you get caught (don't know how, but it could happen) it is on you.
2015-8-7
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

I dont know any thing
2015-8-7
Use props
sudiste
lvl.2

Monaco

Sometimes it would be cool if people do a quick search in the Forum and avoid duplicate posts
http://forum.dji.com/thread-27299-1-1.html
2015-8-7
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-8-8 01:48
So you think the disconnect problem can be solved with this? So you selected custom and selected o ...

The Phantom 3 is limited by bandwidth of the 2.4Ghz frequency. The other channels spoken of aren't in the licensed frequencies allowed.

This is one of the reason that other UAV's used 2.4Ghz for transmitter and 5.7Ghz for video.

Many years back when CB radios required a license to operate, pirates used linear preamps to increase signal strength and transmission range. The FCC after receiving complaints of interference of TV and radio sent specially equipped vans out to search out the offenders. Chances are you won't be caught, but if you are, be prepared to pay through the nose.
2015-8-7
Use props
sermole
lvl.2

United States

what is the benefit to do this?
2015-8-7
Use props
Helios
lvl.2
United States

Wait, does the phantom actually use 5.7GHz for anything? Or is everything handled through 2.4GHz?
2015-8-7
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

gregg1r Posted at 2015-8-8 04:52
The Phantom 3 is limited by bandwidth of the 2.4Ghz frequency. The other channels spoken of aren't  ...

that wasnt really my question, i asked the guy if his disconnect problem is solved with the hack. For me there is no difference since the "legal" 8 channel are also pretty clean here, only one is pemanently red. I wonder why ppl get more range with the hack, i thought one of the legal channels will give the same range than the non legal onces. Ppl using 5000mw 5.8GHz video booster here and in the states, same story. Yes believe it or not my granfmother had a special neighboor with amateur radio as an hobby, that sucker used non legal stuff i think because you could see the interferings in the TV.
2015-8-7
Use props
ian.mcleanspruc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

cod_101.hotmail Posted at 2015-8-8 02:03
Does anyone know how to make the app think it's not in Europe?  I can't manually select a channel du ...

On an iPad go to settings, then general, scroll down to language and region, change region to United States.
Close down iPad, re-boot, open app and find custom selection button active again.
2015-8-7
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-8-8 04:52
The Phantom 3 is limited by bandwidth of the 2.4Ghz frequency. The other channels spoken of aren't  ...

And it seems that the higher channels are in the cellular range... The wireless companies are not going to be happy if they find interference. Lord help you if you interfere with a 911 call...  
2015-8-7
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-8-8 06:22
that wasnt really my question, i asked the guy if his disconnect problem is solved with the hack. F ...

The only real way to get range is to increase power. With this mod you get more channels,,, Some of them don't have traffic.  kind of like trying to talk in a room full of people v just two in the room.  You can hear better with just two you haven't increased power.

2015-8-7
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-6 09:50
You are an angel ! everybody get it while its hot!

sploodge had put this up a few days ago!! pay attention man, leave the avatar girls alone!!
no you are not gonna live that one down!!
2015-8-7
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-8 11:44
sploodge had put this up a few days ago!! pay attention man, leave the avatar girls alone!!
no you ...

I think this post was put up before sploodge did LOL

2015-8-7
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-8 12:07
I think this post was put up before sploodge did LOL

that just cant be, it is actually and sploodge does say it in his thread. my bad
2015-8-7
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Ham radio operators take real care in not causing interference to others, and believe it or not the FCC has very good equipment to triangulate your location if you are going to be transmitting on a channel that you are not the primary user on, this is useful only to us ham radio operators that have a license to use these extra frequencies that are allocated to us but not the other extra ones.

Some ham radio operators have the sole purpose to be the air police and there main hobby is to find offending transmitters and report them to the FCC here in the good ole US of A.   look up radio fox hunt on youtube and you will see what i am talking about.

Use it wisely !
2015-8-7
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

Nm
2015-8-7
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Cat caught your tongue ?
2015-8-7
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-8 12:57
Cat caught your tongue ?

Ahh was typing a message before the minister of war and finance aka the "wife" came in and asked me to do some work ugg.Anywho just wondering on the manual setting how many mbps people have there video transmission quality set to?
2015-8-7
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

bastell Posted at 2015-8-8 13:28
Ahh was typing a message before the minister of war and finance aka the "wife" came in and asked m ...

I think if a channel is clear it can be used to the max mbps with no failures in the stream, in my testing i try to lower the mbps as low as i can take in video quality then i would have a greater distance without drop outs.
2015-8-7
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-8 13:33
I think if a channel is clear it can be used to the max mbps with no failures in the stream, in my ...

Yeh that's what I'm looking for I guess I'll keep testing as I want the highest quality video and the longest range.
2015-8-7
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Helios Posted at 2015-8-8 06:08
Wait, does the phantom actually use 5.7GHz for anything? Or is everything handled through 2.4GHz?

The Phantom only uses 2.4 Ghz, both for transmitter and video FPV feed.

The Inspire 1 uses 2.4 Ghz for transmitter control of the craft and 5.7 Ghz for the video feed.

If you are operating in an area that has any interference, the Phantom will skip over the channels that are interfered and only use "good" channels. Now instead of having 8 channels you might have 5 split between the transmitter and video feed.

A lot of different equipment uses 2.4 Ghz. Your FPV requires a very good stream of data or you get pixilation or very slow frame refreshes.
2015-8-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules