FPV Motion Controller (brand new) will not charge
4442 13 2022-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tmexx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Plugged it into the FPV Power brick with supplied cables and only the first indicator flashes (rapidly). Left for 8 hours and no signs of charging.

Any way to reset so the controller can get a charge and then hopefully be set up?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tmexx
2022-8-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tmexx. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different charger with a specification of 5V, 1 for us to be bale to see if the issue will persist. Thank you.

2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_Xfh4pTebkEKW
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-12 19:58
Hello there Tmexx. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different charger with a specification of 5V, 1 for us to be bale to see if the issue will persist. Thank you.

[view_image]

hi, i have the same problem. reveived dji avata yesterday. all other batteries charge fine but motion controller does not charge. tries many difference power blocks for usb-c without luck. what can i do next?
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_839qy6FxyIbA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219373 ft
Bulgaria

I also have the same issue, tried all kinds of charges and cables
2022-9-2
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8367569 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Hi,

try more chargers/cables it will charge I'm sure, as in my case two out of ten cables/chargers are working...
2022-9-2
Use props
fans47cb5ee7
New

United States

I’m having the same issue.  Batteries for the goggles and drone charged fine.  Controller won’t charge.  I’ve tried multiple cables and chargers.
2022-9-2
Use props
fansd60646f6
lvl.1

Israel

Yep. Same issue here. Support told me they would talk to their engineers....
But fixed by using a USB-A to USB-C cable...
2022-9-2
Use props
fans5ad140ae
New

United Kingdom

Ah yes! Usb A to type C cable has fixed the issue for me too! Thanks for sharing your solution, I can now fly my new drone. Shame I had to purchase a second controller before I read this thread. I had tried multiple other cables and chargers none were working but they were all usb c chargers
2022-9-2
Use props
clean
lvl.1

United States

I had this problem. Nothing would charge it. I plugged in into my microsoft surface chord (it has a usb port on side) it worked. ??? This wont help most but if you got a surface the adapter will charge the motion controller
2022-9-4
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13436247 ft
  • >>>
United States

My motion controller will not charge with the supplied cables. I have multiple USB C cables at home, and I was able to find a couple that work. I've been able to get out and fly, but this is not acceptable.
2022-9-15
Use props
Iamnotacowboy
New

United States

I’m also in the same boat. I’ve used all of the included cables and provided my own. Spent an hour just cycling through cable combinations hoping to find one that worked. I failed. I left it overnight with a 100% functional combination that worked with others, but still no additional charge. Recommendations?

***I hope I’m in the right place. The issues are with a brand new Avata.
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_sSNlz7sviT8t
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29281 ft
United Kingdom

The problem is the charging block. The plug you put your cable in. I had the same problem and nearly cried. But changed the block and it started blinking. All ok now.
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_CvnanuMv1LSl
New

Australia

fansd60646f6 Posted at 2022-9-2 04:43
Yep. Same issue here. Support told me they would talk to their engineers....
But fixed by using a USB-A to USB-C cable...

Great, that worked. Thanks
2023-7-9
Use props
CireinTexas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5786001 ft
United States

The MC and V2 batteries will not charge with high power cables.  Use everyday cables and it should work.  I learned this by purchasing high watt cables that would not charge my  smaller batteries.  
2023-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules