7221 21 2022-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shikijo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3323150 ft
  • >>>
France

Hey guys, why it's impossible to use Raveneye and active track when you use the new lidar?
Any update planed about that?
Also, there is a bug when you plug the raveneye and the lidar together on the RS3, screen got flash.

2022-8-12
Use props
snwbrdr1978
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214708 ft

United States

+1
I want the Lidar for Focus and the Raven Eye for Active track.  Active tracking the wide view of the camera on the Lidar is not nearly as useful as active tracking the image that the camera sees.  PLEASE FIX THIS!
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_wZCrLWyXdsaO
New

Chile

snwbrdr1978 Posted at 8-19 11:18
+1
I want the Lidar for Focus and the Raven Eye for Active track.  Active tracking the wide view of the camera on the Lidar is not nearly as useful as active tracking the image that the camera sees.  PLEASE FIX THIS!

Hola,
This video shows at 4:14 min , that Active track should work with Lidar Only but it is not working form me.  
Did you try?. On youtube
watch?v=6kT9Lo2KGwc
2022-8-20
Use props
Stuntworks
lvl.1

United States

I am having trouble getting Lidar to work with Raven eye on the App.
I connect Lidar to the bottom USBC on RS3 PRO.
The Follow focus goes to the middle USBC.
The Raven eye connects to the top USBC.
On the app blue tooth is disconnected.
Raven eyes is connected to Wifi.
The find RS3 on blue tooth.

I am having no luck controlling the gimble on the app. I can see Raven eye on the phone, keep getting messages saying have to connect the gimble. Can not find a way to that.

Any help would be appreciated.

2022-8-21
Use props
djiuser_wZCrLWyXdsaO
New

Chile

I had to connect cable USB-C 90digrees in one extreme behind the RevenEye  to USB-C (200mm) to the Gimbal, and then worked for me only RevenEye with active track.By other side, I have created a ticket on support because Lidar Only and Active Track are not working for me.
Well, Lidar + RevenEye have never worked well together for me. I don´t know if them should.
2022-8-22
Use props
snwbrdr1978
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214708 ft

United States

djiuser_wZCrLWyXdsaO Posted at 8-20 16:00
Hola,
This video shows at 4:14 min , that Active track should work with Lidar Only but it is not working form me.  
Did you try?. On youtube

Thanks for the video suggestion.  While this is not ideal (because I'll lose my ability to monitor the Lidar on the RS3 Pro), it could work.  I will test configuring the Lidar using the RS3 Pro, then disconnecting it from the RS3 and powering the Lidar from an external source (DTap to usb-c).  Then I may be able to connect the Raven Eye to the RS3 Pro and use that for active track.  I'll report back when I've tried this and the results later this week.
2022-8-22
Use props
swild
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141932 ft
United States

snwbrdr1978 Posted at 8-22 20:37
Thanks for the video suggestion.  While this is not ideal (because I'll lose my ability to monitor the Lidar on the RS3 Pro), it could work.  I will test configuring the Lidar using the RS3 Pro, then disconnecting it from the RS3 and powering the Lidar from an external source (DTap to usb-c).  Then I may be able to connect the Raven Eye to the RS3 Pro and use that for active track.  I'll report back when I've tried this and the results later this week.

Were you able to test this out? Interested to see if you can use RavenEye with LiDAR.
2022-8-27
Use props
illuminatedRS
lvl.2

United States

it really feels like we're missing part of the equation here ....I think with the part that's missing is would be the display from the lidar rangefinder into the DJI app ....ie the top down view from the 4D... along with the video
2022-8-29
Use props
djiuser_xn7US1bYxwTL
New

France

Hello everyone, has anyone finally found where the problem was? Does anyone manage to make the lidar and the raveneye cohabit correctly and completely?
2022-9-4
Use props
i2MP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 233199 ft
United States

Why are we paying more for new technology and DJI removes useful features like being able to use the LiDar and Raveneye together. If we would just stop buying their products and they started losing money maybe they would finally listen. I wouldn’t have bought this setup had I known it wouldn’t work like the old original did. They seem famous for removing features from new versions of hardware that people loved and used. “Tripod” mode from drones is just one example and now not being able to control tracking / focus from our mobile phones like we could with old setup now…lol… so dumb! #DJI #Lidar #Tracking
2022-9-8
Use props
fans68642c88
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

sooooo.... DJi,

what's up with this situation?

We're all loyal, paying  serious customers here looking for an answer...
Please provide one ASAP.

A real/technical Y or N solution... no PR approach needed.
;)
Appreciate your time in advance
2022-10-11
Use props
IronJuice
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295486 ft
Canada

I was tempted to purchase Lidar add-on, but seeing issues described, it makes zero sense to me to purchase. I thought lidar + raveneye combo was a given, apparently not.
2022-10-12
Use props
EShy
New

United States

This is really frustrating. All of the marketing materials from DJI make it look like you can use both the RavenEye and LiDAR together. Considering how much they're charging and their refusal to state it's limitations this is very bad behavior and scammy. This product is sold for $650, with it's limits it's worth maybe $200. I'll be returning it.
2023-2-9
Use props
Benno Z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148865 ft
Netherlands

I’ve returned mine too, it’s very disappointing.
2023-2-11
Use props
Benno Z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148865 ft
Netherlands

I’ve returned mine too, it’s very disappointing.
2023-2-11
Use props
schlutz
lvl.1
Australia

Dear DJI, I think some of your customers, myself included, are about to lose their cool with your company and products. We have all spent an absolute packet on this stuff, that is sold together as a package, but doesn't work as a package. PLEASE fix this now. We REALLY NEED it. No joke. I guess we will have to start sharing our frustration in DJI review videos on YouTube.
2023-3-7
Use props
djiuser_PHBxuNh3nUAP
New

United States

schlutz Posted at 3-7 20:34
Dear DJI, I think some of your customers, myself included, are about to lose their cool with your company and products. We have all spent an absolute packet on this stuff, that is sold together as a package, but doesn't work as a package. PLEASE fix this now. We REALLY NEED it. No joke. I guess we will have to start sharing our frustration in DJI review videos on YouTube.

Amen. This is beyond frustrating when you drop a few paychecks on a (what’s supposed to be) a great product that SHOULD by now be recognized and rectified! DJI, shame!
2023-11-1
Use props
djiuser_Nin4K4PG0nrc
lvl.1

Australia

Hi does anyone know if it’s possible to use aftermarket cables for connection between RS3 pro and Raveneye with focus motor? Or does it only work with the supplied cables?
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hey there, so sorry for the inconvenience caused! Raveneye and LIDAR cannot be used simultaneously due to insufficient USB-C ports on the gimbal. When connecting Raveneye and LIDAR to the RS3 pro, the screen flickers. May l know if you could provide us with a video showing how do you connect them together? The only connection method for RS3 Pro+Raveneye+LIDAR is to connect RS3 Pro and LIDAR normally. Raveneye is only connected to the camera via HDMI to transmit the footage, without connecting to the gimbal. Note: RS3 does not support LIDAR. We've conveyed your feedback to the engineers and will consider this suggestion in future product generations.
2023-12-7
Use props
WilliamT
New
Hong Kong

I try this solution it work
LiDAR provide auto focus and active track on phone app with Raveneye
only one down side, can't control auto focus subject and see which subject is focusing
https://www.facebook.com/reel/324290507021085/
2023-12-25
Use props
black68deville
lvl.1
United States

snwbrdr1978 Posted at 2022-8-19 11:18
+1
I want the Lidar for Focus and the Raven Eye for Active track.  Active tracking the wide view of the camera on the Lidar is not nearly as useful as active tracking the image that the camera sees.  PLEASE FIX THIS!

Could you help me understand this a bit better:

When you say the "wide-view" of the camera, do you mean everything that the LiDAR is able to see, compared to the RavenEye's ability to utilize merely what the camera/lens is able to see?

I was under the assumption that the LiDAR's Active Track was actually better than the RavenEye's Active Track
2023-12-26
Use props
fansc1f42525
New
France

WilliamT Posted at 2023-12-25 18:27
I try this solution it work
LiDAR provide auto focus and active track on phone app with Raveneye
only one down side, can't control auto focus subject and see which subject is focusing

What solution did you find?
1-8 15:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules