P4P skipping/not capturing some DNG images
904 2 2022-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I've noticed in the past 2 aerial shoots that my Phantom 4 Pro gives every indication that DNG images are being captured/recorded but when I open the files on my SD card, they're not there. I would estimate about 25% of the shots are just nowhere to be found.
SD Card: SanDisk Extere 128GB card
Mode: AEB (5 frames)
Color Preference: D-Cinelike
WB: Auto
Aperture Priority
Aperture: f/4
ISO: 100
Shutter speed of the 5-shot group: 1/80 to 1/500
Filter: ND4
Condition: Bright Sunny Day; 5mph wind max

What could be causing the images not to be recorded/captured? The "busy" circle (see attached image) turns with every 5-shot AEB group which seems normal. The ring normally runs for about 6-7 seconds which I assume indicated the images are finished being captured in the buffer and are being sent to the SD card. Do you have to wait until the circle stops turning in order to move the AC?? Does the AC require that you stay perfectly still until the images are captured or else it leaves them behind?? I would not think so. For the fast speed of the SD card and the relatively high shutter speed (1/80 to 1/500), it would seem that would be a none issue.

DJI_P4P.jpg
2022-8-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi, you might be better off asking this question in the products section of the forum (that is much more active).
https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-8-25
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Nice one   !
2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules