Flying the simulator in a no-fly zone
1405 4 2015-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DW_SKYJOCKEY
lvl.1

United States

I live within the Washington, DC no fly zone, so I cannot fly near my home.  The software does not even allow you to fly the simulator, until you are outside the no-fly zone.  Is there a fix or a way around this?  It would be nice to at least use the flight simulator.

I already tried to turn off GPS mode by putting it in Atti-.

2015-8-6
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

ehh, this restrictions are a little bit over...
2015-8-6
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry but easy answer is NO, there is not a way to use the simulator within a NFZ. Its crazy and hope DJI change this restriction.

You can fool the P3 into thinking its not where it thinks it is ( more like a "last know good" location ) that would allow you to get around it but I am not going to cover that here
2015-8-6
Use props
Akael
lvl.1

United States

There are some applications that change the GPS coordinates manually and fool your phone into thinking it is somewhere else. That should do the trick.
2015-8-7
Use props
jonmir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423163 ft
United States

Akael Posted at 2015-8-8 00:08
There are some applications that change the GPS coordinates manually and fool your phone into thinki ...

Better yet, DJI, take the Phantom out of the picture. Let us use the sim when and where we want, without the Phantom having to be connected. Ridiculous constraint to use a relatively lame simulator.
2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules