32 channels
2697 21 2015-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

o there is this file floating arounf the internet that supposedly gives you back all 32 custom channels.  Ill admit i was intrigued as i came along after the firmware update removed them.

History
200000 feet of flight
Just over 10 hours
96 + flights
1.3 makes my second firmware upgrade
Still using first set of qr props
Only issue was a compass error once taking off in a questionable location
No crashes bumps shakes ever.

Issue
Just upgraded firmware, was running all my batteries down to 5% did not calibrate imu, but was prepared for those issues, as all three flights were in an open field and i was staying below the tree lines.  I had installed this file mentioned above and could see all 32 channels but they showed no signal so alresdy planned to remove it.  Halfway through the second battery, i get the error in the image.  I cant say for sure if it was the 1.3 firmware, no imu calibration or the file i installed.  Long story short, stay away from this file, i cant see it makes a difference and now i will have to build my confidence back up before i go back to trusting my craft like i did before.  As someone else in another forum pointed out, theres no legit way to tell if it contains a virus with some malicious intent or some poorly coded jargon that could cause you to lose your craft.
FB_IMG_1438912110283.jpg
2015-8-6
Use props
tspray52106
lvl.1

Costa Rica

I would never suggest downloading any software not from DJI. Since you did and it seems to be a virus, I would suggest trying to completely reset your Inspire. I personally don't know how to do that, but if I were you I wouldn't take off again until I knew for sure that all of that software was gone. Sorry that happened to you but good luck!
2015-8-6
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

The other issue (for anyone reading this) is the REASON why those additional channels were eliminated.  It's because they overlap into parts of the frequency spectrum that are used by other technology.  If you're using one of those channels you could be flying along and suddenly lose all communication because a transmitter that is authorized on that channel began to transmit.  That sudden loss of communication could cause an accident or loss of your aircraft.  So even if there was software out there that DIDN'T involve a virus or malicious code of some sort, having those channels active just isn't a good idea.
2015-8-6
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
Hong Kong

I would suggest to do a IMU calibration. If this can't be solved, contact DJI for support.
2015-8-6
Use props
Filmax
lvl.2

Norway

LOL LOL LOL LOL
2015-8-6
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
United States

Ya I agree like I said I was just curious, I'm under the impression as it is only an app side change and with me using Android that it may not have changed anything craft or rc side as we don't have the ability to update from the app yet.  With that being the case does anyone know should I be able to downgrade the firmware like dji says can be done with 1.3 and rewrite it and then reupgrade as I have already removed that file from my tablet and factory reset it.  That is about the only thing left to try is firmware rewrite to remove any other chances before officially contacting dji.  I know it appears easy for me to say I wouldn't have kept the file even if I felt it worked (I really don't think it did was just an appearance look) but I do know why they removed them and was only curious for a look to see and wouldn't have kept it even if it did work.  Even if my problem goes away without contacting support, I still plan on contacting them in regards to the file that way they can be aware of it and maybe implement a fix that keeps others from changing that part so they don't have potential issues.
2015-8-7
Use props
Filmax
lvl.2

Norway

busclas Posted at 2015-8-7 17:59
Ya I agree like I said I was just curious, I'm under the impression as it is only an app side change ...

Simply delete the app and install new app. I've flown with modified app without any problems.
2015-8-7
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Its MUCH MORE SAVE to fly with 32 channels - they should work in auto mode not only manual.

What is more save:

a) auto mode chooses from channels 1-32 the find the best signal
b) auto mode chooses from channel 13-20 to find the best signal

channels 13-20 in a urban area ALL could be heavily occupied no wonder that fly aways increase dramatically then

DJI should stop removing features, the Inspire was obviousely constructed and tested with 32 channels to choose from, who says it can ever be stable with 8 ???

@ PeteGould: thats why it can switch channels, when a strage transmitter around creates interference what - IT CHOOSES ANOTHER CHANNEL and hopefully have 32 to choose from

@ busclas: yeah complain and ruin it for all just because you cannot distinguish a 48byte code from a virus you really should not download anything.
If you dont know what you are doing just dont do it but let the ones who know what they do in peace.
Install the app new. If you still get hardware error just switch the ultrasonic off in the app until there is a solution or you send it to repair.
2015-8-7
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-8-7 10:58
The other issue (for anyone reading this) is the REASON why those additional channels were eliminate ...

In the US we have become weary of the molasses type processes of government. The FAA is SLOW to move and watches as other countries leap ahead in the assimilation of sUAVs into the airspace.
The next MAJOR hurdle facing the industry is spectrum and bandwidth! The FCC should be charged with an absolute deadline to make an allotment of spectrum available for the growth of the industry and give us back the channels that can assure safe flight among all. Just a thought IMHO
2015-8-7
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

busclas Posted at 2015-8-7 17:59
Ya I agree like I said I was just curious, I'm under the impression as it is only an app side change ...

I did install the file - but got so many warnings in the app that I did not fly with it. Simply deleted the app and installed a new one - after that no problems. Knew it was a risky project to install the file in first place but was to test it on a Rc airport. lesson learned I hope.
2015-8-7
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-7 21:42
I did install the file - but got so many warnings in the app that I did not fly with it. Simply de ...

You have Apple right? When you open a file received through a quarantine-aware application, OS X warns you where the file came from. You receive an alert asking, "Are you sure you want to open it?" Thats normal.
2015-8-7
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Machoman Posted at 2015-8-7 21:56
You have Apple right? When you open a file received through a quarantine-aware application, OS X w ...

I did not get that warning. And yes I am on Apple and a Yosemite beta
2015-8-7
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

I have android and still DJI pilot and there are no issues. I have just seen that actually its only 48bytes on Android but much more - including this quarantine - on apple. However if there are warnings i rather thinks its the DJI GO app and not the files fault.
2015-8-7
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Machoman Posted at 2015-8-7 22:22
I have android and still DJI pilot and there are no issues. I have just seen that actually its only  ...

Well I have 220 flights before I installed that file - all flights with no issues (other than pilot errors) - suddenly after installing that file I got a lot of error messages. After deleting the Go app and installing a fresh copy from Appstore - no problems or issues. For me it is enough to say - stay away from this file. If the error messages  is from the GO app there will come a lot of complaints on different forums and until now the Go app just seems fine.

2015-8-7
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-8-7 20:08
Its MUCH MORE SAVE to fly with 32 channels - they should work in auto mode not only manual.

What is ...

Ok, how am i ruining it for all of you?  Because i reported my experience with a rogue file (virus or just simple code aside)  and decided to warn others on my expereince?  Or is it because i stated i was considering sending the file to dji support to make them aware of it?  It would appear you're more interested in doing things you shouldn't be doing verses helping to make sure people are aware of potential issues with files and software not put out by dji or actual developers.  I'm sorry if I offended you in some way by attempting to look out for my fellow pilots and try to keep everyone flying safe and crash free.  And no matter what you think of me or my actions that still includes you.

Goodnight
2015-8-7
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-8-7 10:58
The other issue (for anyone reading this) is the REASON why those additional channels were eliminate ...

You are partially correct, they removed them to comply with the FCC, however they are video channels and are totally separate from the transmission signal that actually controls the aircraft.  If anything interferes with one of the removed channels you happen to be using the only thing that will happen is you will lose your live video feed on your display.   I hate when they actually remove functionality instead of improve it.  Id rather have them available for use for a variety of reasons and sometimes i fly with multiple people at the same time.   So far we havent had over 8 flying at once but the day will come as they become more popular and more people start flying, as far as im concerned the fcc can suck it!

Ive seen multiple people report that it works, but its on a few different forums and possibly there are different files floating around out there.  I havent tried it myself though because i still run older firmware and app version that still have them available.
2015-8-7
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

busclas Posted at 2015-8-8 09:33
Ok, how am i ruining it for all of you?  Because i reported my experience with a rogue file (virus ...

Its cool warning fellow pilots of a potential issue but telling DJI about it is pretty lame, nobody likes a narc.   Its kinda like the kid in school that would go tattle tale on everyone to the teach as far as the people successfully using the file are concerned so you cant really blame them for being angry at you.   Im sure DJI already knows about it anyway and doubt there is anything they can do and I also honestly doubt they even care.  As long as they follow the regulations and disable the features in their releases they are covered legally.  

Its pretty tough to control how people use your product after they buy it and i for one dont like to be told how to use my personal property.  Thats one of the reason i hate apple devices, they only want you to use them their way so they have them so locked up, hobbled and non upgradable that they are only about half as functional as an android device.
2015-8-7
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-7 23:16
Well I have 220 flights before I installed that file - all flights with no issues (other than pilot ...

there are actually a lot of reported error messages from the go app that ive seen, loss of video signal, ESC errors and VPS errors are pretty common as well as a few other less common ones.
2015-8-7
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-8 09:58
there are actually a lot of reported error messages from the go app that ive seen, loss of video s ...

I have followed the FW upgrades and also the SW upgrades for a while  this has to be one of the most stable one. But if you search for it you will find someone that have problems .
2015-8-7
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-8 10:05
I have followed the FW upgrades and also the SW upgrades for a while  this has to be one of the mo ...

yes, it seems quite a few people always have the same new problem after every firmware release.  Im thinking its related to either the inspire model version or perhaps the app OS or something.  Too many people have the problems for it to be a fluke but not everyone has them, there must be some common factor that causes the issue.  unfortunately almost no one ever posts their os and version numbers, they just say they have the error, makes it very hard to track down the cause.
2015-8-7
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
United States

Well, after reformatting my tablet to remove all traces of the file in question and flying through three more batteries to 5%, the error did not repeat itself and she flew just like I expected her to.  Take it as you will, but for the moment I believe it was the file.
2015-8-8
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

The Ultrasonic error has nothing to do with the file or what the file changes.  All the file does is changes the valve that dji put in the app to limit the channels for VIDEO feed.  The Ultrasonic error  is going to be an issue with the bird it self.   My buddy that has an advance as had that error one time and has not had it again in 10 or so flights.   I also know someone that has that error every 5 flights and had to end up sending the bird in.   But I would say expect the error again. If you turn VPS off it will keep it from happening but again it is NOT related to the file.   Also use the search feature, there is a TON of info on it......
2015-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules