New DJI FPV Firmware Released (08/25/2022)
21521 33 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.08.25
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0015
  • Goggles Firmware: v01.03.0000
  • Remote Controller firmware: v02.00.0200
  • Motion Controller Firmware: v02.00.0400
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.7.0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.7.0

What’s New?
  • DJI FPV Goggles V2 added support for DJI Avata.
  • DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 added support for DJI Avata.
  • DJI Motion Controller added support for DJI Avata.

Notes:
  • Restart the aircraft, remote controller, and goggles after the update is complete.
  • Note that the update may reset various flight parameters such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, goggles, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series), and retry.

2022-8-25
Use props
Kosb
New

Ukraine

Hi! What about embedding gyroscope data in the recorded video on the aircraft on DJI FPV? When will it be available? The drone is awesome, but stabilization is really bad in comparison with the go pro and Reelsteady go and Gyro Flow stabilization. You guys will receive a ton of new sales for your DJI FPV drones if you give us an opportunity to use other apps for stabilization.
2022-8-25
Use props
JustDrewit
lvl.1

United States

Are we going to see mode 4 for the Avata? C'mon already, DJI.
2022-8-25
Use props
djiuser_zOekbph8hHdt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 963392 ft
United States

When will we be able to fly the old FPV drone with the new Goggles 2?
2022-8-25
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

thank you for the info and update dji...
2022-8-25
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2307733 ft
Netherlands

And gone is your FCC hack....
2022-8-26
Use props
carloscampos775
lvl.1

United States

When will support be added for the DJI Air Unit and Air Unit Lite. What incentive do I have to purchase the new Goggles 2 if they don’t support previous product. I understand DJI wanting to move the technology forward, but you should least support one previous product.
2022-8-27
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I have DJI FPV Drone and Goggles V2 combo. Can I update only the RC to use it with Avata? If I update only the RC, will it work with the FPV Drone if the drone has an older firmware?
2022-8-27
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nikolay Atanasov Posted at 8-27 05:25
I have DJI FPV Drone and Goggles V2 combo. Can I update only the RC to use it with Avata? If I update only the RC, will it work with the FPV Drone if the drone has an older firmware?
What is your current software of the FPV...?

I'm using .0020 ...
2022-8-27
Use props
Deviantfpv
New

Australia

Why do my goggles v2 black out mid flight?. i have updated to your latest firmware but i still get the reboots mid flight? this is so painful makes the system unflyable because I cant trust it. and it costs a fortune every time i crash because i have no vision
2022-8-27
Use props
diciurciocabinets
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17811201 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you DJI you should take a look at that funny guy in PhillyDroneLife town. Philadelphia. In the usa... He loves and lives your lifestyle.. Yahooooooooo.. Mikey
2022-8-28
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

So nothing for the FPV, just updates to support the avata.  My ambivalence towards DJI is strong.
2022-8-28
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes I updated only Remote 2 and Motion Controller. All works perfectly with Dji FPV.  
2022-8-31
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Drone Junkie RC Posted at 8-31 00:02
Yes I updated only Remote 2 and Motion Controller. All works perfectly with Dji FPV.

Great, thanks for confirming! How you did the update only on the controller, I guess dji assistant?
2022-8-31
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nikolay Atanasov Posted at 8-31 23:56
Great, thanks for confirming! How you did the update only on the controller, I guess dji assistant?

Yes dji assistant for dji fpv
2022-9-1
Use props
mouchanek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5500476 ft
Croatia

Hi guys, I have a problem. I bought DJI avata combo with new glass and motion controller. I bought extra remote controller 2 and go to wild place. Controller has old firmware and I cant update him. I have Macbook 14" PRO and DJI assistant don't works on new mac os. I Tried DJI Fly, but app can update only Avata with glass together, not only remote controller 2. I haven't here WIN PC. Is it possible upgrade the controller by diferent way?
Thanks
2022-9-1
Use props
mouchanek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5500476 ft
Croatia

ok, use reduction from USB C to USB A, connect USB A to USB C cable works on my mac
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_3NYPCqyDNEon
New

United States

Hi! Does anyone has problem with yellow dots showing up on goggles ? How can that be fixed? Thank you
2022-9-2
Use props
camarao1962
lvl.1

Portugal

Com essa nova atualização o meu smartcontroler com o meu air 2 s fica com a tela preta como na foto. Esprei uns segundos e voltou ao normal. Não está bem essa nova atualização. Tinha o drone a +- 200 MT e o rth não funciona.
IMG_20220902_205913.jpg
2022-9-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have DJI FPV Drone and Goggles V2 combo. Can I update only the RC to use it with Avata? If I update only the RC, will it work with the FPV Drone if the drone has an older firmware?

Yes it will continue to work with the FPV too, you just need to link it.
2022-9-4
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mouchanek Posted at 9-1 04:16
Hi guys, I have a problem. I bought DJI avata combo with new glass and motion controller. I bought extra remote controller 2 and go to wild place. Controller has old firmware and I cant update him. I have Macbook 14" PRO and DJI assistant don't works on new mac os. I Tried DJI Fly, but app can update only Avata with glass together, not only remote controller 2. I haven't here WIN PC. Is it possible upgrade the controller by diferent way?
Thanks

If you link your remote to your FPV drone and power up the goggles, FPV & Remote, then connect to the fly App it should detect the remote has inconsistent firmware and update it.
2022-9-4
Use props
AconiteAU
lvl.1

Australia

Buzzyone Posted at 9-4 12:54
If you link your remote to your FPV drone and power up the goggles, FPV & Remote, then connect to the fly App it should detect the remote has inconsistent firmware and update it.

You'd think that that would be the case.  And that's what I tried too.  Problem is the Avata and Remote Controller 2 won't link due to the firmware on the Controller 2 not supporting the Avata until its updated.

So if you bought into the Avata landscape and added a Remote Controller 2 hoping to use it on the Avata instead of the motion controller, your best option is to update the Remote Controller 2 separately with DJI Assistant 2 before linking it to the Avata.
2022-9-4
Use props
ozzy_AUT
lvl.1
Austria

will the FCC hack work with this update in the goggles? Anyone has tried it yet? I am very afraid of losing the 1200mw as i fly all my normal drones with those goggles and i ordered the Avata a few days ago.
2022-9-5
Use props
CharlieRC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118839 ft
United Kingdom

Nope, my goggles are still on 01.00.0606 and DJI Assistant 2 (fpv series) only shows that firmware in the list... so I guess I'll never be able to update my goggles
2022-9-5
Use props
Ds67888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10657192 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update has broken my DJI FPV goggles
2022-9-28
Use props
Grishock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124816 ft
Russia

Help! I updated my DJI FPV COMBO to the latest firmware and now sport mode doesn't work. when the switch is in S it shows N
2022-10-1
Use props
Bruno Soares
lvl.2

Brazil

My goggles V2 are on firmware 01.00.0606 and DJI Assistant 2 (FPV series) only shows this firmware in the list, how can I update to version 01.03.0000 to work with AVATA?
2022-10-6
Use props
djiuser_dnjg2yVRW1hv
New
Flight distance : 961834 ft
United States

DJI!!! PLEASE add the "inverted pitch" option for your  FPV drones on your next update!! I can't fly my drone in manual mode due to this. This means I'm not flying my drone which means I'm not crashing my drone which means you're making less money.  
2022-11-1
Use props
djiuser_LDkhJ1ue5wXw
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_dnjg2yVRW1hv Posted at 11-1 20:07
DJI!!! PLEASE add the "inverted pitch" option for your  FPV drones on your next update!! I can't fly my drone in manual mode due to this. This means I'm not flying my drone which means I'm not crashing my drone which means you're making less money.

I need it too....come on it can't be that difficult to implement this little kind of software programming. I know a lot of guys they even don't buy the drone because of this! Please DJI implement it, some guys really need it!
Best
Regards
2022-11-4
Use props
fans6cfe9748
New

Ireland

I can't update mine googles V2 to version V01.03.0000.
How could that problem be solved?
2022-11-6
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

On my DJI FPV I have version 1.02.00.00.
After updating the Google V2 to 1.04 could it forcibly ask me to update also the DJI FPV to 1.03.00.00 or would it still work without forcing me to update on the drone?
Please DJI answer, thank you!
2022-11-25
Use props
djiuser_LS3OrDbZfJKw
New

Switzerland

Hi team

Despite that my fpv controller is not connecting to the googles and avata every three times I get the update notification on the google as well every second time I use everything.

I updated the fpv controller once I got it. It was strange since it wouldnt do the update saying that I have to charge the controller but my controller where 80%full and according to the update it would have been done within a minute. Normal?

After I managed to do the update. This update shows up every second time I switch on the whole setting. Why is that?
2022-12-29
Use props
GeorgB
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Gyro data?
2022-12-31
Use props
Sudupe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 691407 ft