Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware for Ronin-M
12Next >
8533 54 2015-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Major Updates:

Updated the IMU firmware to v1.3, GCU firmware to v1.1 and PC/MAC Assistant firmware to v1.9.

1. The gimbal now auto-calibrates the roll axis periodically in between movements to improve issues with the minor horizontal offset from
extended use.
2. Remapped the remote controller deadband values to increase resolution so that the gimbal will respond more noticeably for different
deadband settings.
3. When SmoothTrack is enabled, the gimbal will now return to its absolute central position after following a movement regardless of the
deadband settings.
4. Fixed issue of the Thumb Controller and Receiver firmware unable to be upgraded through the PC/MAC Assistant.

2015-8-6
Use props
ajib72
lvl.2

Malaysia

thanks. hope it does the job well.
2015-8-7
Use props
cyjackx
New

United States

Great, #1 is exactly what I and some friends were waiting for.  Hopefully this fixes it!
2015-8-9
Use props
stasmiklin048
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27064 ft
Ireland

Hello,
After updating the new firmware my ronin-m lost all smoothness.
i.e. I setup tilt or pan deadband more than 10 and each time I smoothly push my hands to this deadband - ronin reacts with kick, and the higher deadband the stronger kick.  So it's smoth now only with the deadband lower than 10 or even only zero.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
2015-8-17
Use props
kevin
New

Netherlands

I got the same after upgrading to the new firmware this morning.

The SmoothTrack for both Tilt and Pan are not very smooth with a larger deadband.

2015-8-18
Use props
stasmiklin048
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27064 ft
Ireland

DJI what we need to do to solve that?
2015-8-19
Use props
elie85
New

Lebanon

Hi, when I updated to IMU firmware 1.3, I lost roll smooth track.
2015-8-21
Use props
elie85
New

Lebanon

Please Help
2015-8-21
Use props
rlsvideo
New

United States

Hi. Last week I updated the firmware on my Ronin M and since then, the motor has been running very hot and I have not been able to balance any camera (the tilt is way off). Is there anyone that I would be able to contact to help me out with getting my Ronin M fixed? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bob
2015-8-22
Use props
vladimir85
lvl.1
Hong Kong

just updated my ronin-m firmware. my gimbal not working and could not connect to phone app. please help!!
2015-8-25
Use props
rich-bitb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the same issue - I believe we need the 1.9 beta software to force the IMU upgrade.
Is there a link we can download it from?
2015-8-26
Use props
VWPAlex
lvl.1

Germany

Any news dji?
2015-8-30
Use props
VWPAlex
lvl.1

Germany

How can i.downgrade after 3.0 as many people complain about it.
2015-8-30
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Please let us downgrade ASAP or release a fix!   We're stuck with something we can't use and have a shoot in 2 days time!!
2015-8-30
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi DJI,  anyone home?  
2015-9-2
Use props
VWPAlex
lvl.1

Germany

What the hell is wrong with this update?  Everyone is complaining?!
2015-9-5
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Add me to the people who are having issues with this firmware.. same things as everyone else smoothness and fluidness is gone. Harsh and "choppy" movements when operating the Ronin-M.

DJI why not adress this issue officially ?

2015-9-7
Use props
rafael.fozi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155512 ft
Brazil

vladimir85 Posted at 2015-8-26 00:21
just updated my ronin-m firmware. my gimbal not working and could not connect to phone app. please h ...

The same with me... HEEEELP
2015-9-7
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Dear Customer,

Please send your email to support@dji.com, we will help you, thanks a lot!

Best Regards!
DJI Cathy
2015-9-8
Use props
VWPAlex
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-9-8 13:12
Dear Customer,

Please send your email to , we will help you, thanks a lot!

That is not a solution. Please come up with a major update fixing all issues. Also make sure to test them before release.
2015-9-8
Use props
VWPAlex
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-9-8 13:12
Dear Customer,

Please send your email to , we will help you, thanks a lot!

That is not a solution. Please come up with a major update fixing all issues. Also make sure to test them before release.
2015-9-8
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

VWPAlex Posted at 2015-9-9 01:35
That is not a solution. Please come up with a major update fixing all issues. Also make sure to te ...

Thanks for your kindly suggestion.
2015-9-9
Use props
Ryza Kamil
New

Malaysia

So... any updates on how well the update is? Cause I don't want to update my firmware if it does damage to my unit
2015-9-12
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Ryza Kamil Posted at 2015-9-13 02:15
So... any updates on how well the update is? Cause I don't want to update my firmware if it does dam ...

Ryza i highly recommend you to stay away from the latest firmware.

If i have the time this week i'll post a comparison between the two firmwares.

2015-9-13
Use props
Riz
New

Malaysia

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-9-14 14:04

If i have the time this week  ...

alright. keep us updated. DJI just won't update anything I guess. I'll give them time to resolve the problem
2015-9-14
Use props
ek
lvl.1

Chile

Can someone PLEASE send me the firmware to downgrade??? I am also having the same problem with drifting....
PLEASE!!!!
ek@ericknorpp.com
Thanks in advance!!
Eric
2015-9-14
Use props
janillikainen
lvl.1
Finland

Same problems ! Is there any link that will help fix a problem.
Thanks.
Janne
2015-9-16
Use props
janillikainen
lvl.1
Finland

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-9-14 09:04

If i have the time this week  ...

Hei Paul !
Do you have a link or a piece of advice to the ronin m would wake up alive?
My ronin m not working when I tried to update.
Best.
Janne
Janillikainen@msn.com
2015-9-17
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Janne ill send you a email later tonight!

2015-9-17
Use props
brandon.m.obey
lvl.1

Canada

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-9-17 11:23
Janne ill send you a email later tonight!

Hey Guys I am also having an issue with the Roll Axis on my Ronin -M with my GH4. I have balanced, calibrated, and auto tune stability before use. Everything runs smooth, but after an extended period the Roll Axis will start to drift. I love the gimbal but issues like this are really disconcerting, it makes me not want to recommend the product to anyone.

Paul can you send me also the downgrade for the Ronin M also? I am going to add you as a friend you now to PM you.
2015-9-18
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

brandon.m.obey@ Posted at 2015-9-19 13:31
Hey Guys I am also having an issue with the Roll Axis on my Ronin -M with my GH4. I have balanced,  ...

Pls send your email to support@dji.com, I will help you, THX
2015-9-19
Use props
bryanesposito
lvl.2
United States

I just bought a Ronin M, but I'm not upgrading to 1.3 due to these issues. Does anyone have a link to the previous firmware?
You can email me at bryan [at] upwardstudio [dot] com
2015-9-19
Use props
ek
lvl.1

Chile

Is everyone having the same problem? And I cannot believe no one has the original Macintosh Installers? I bought my Ronin M about 1 month ago. I think it came with the firmware that already has problems. I have sent several mails but keep getting the response, Install latest firmware,calibrate blah blah mails. I get my Ronin balanced perfectly!!! And after a minute or 2 it starts to drift to the right.. I have to constantly compensate by turning the Ronin to the left but this is useless during a take. Supposedly even if you have the older firmware you need DJI to approve your serial number or something. Does not seem that will happen as their mails are pretty much useless. Has anybody cured the drifting problems????? Cannot believe all the ronin owners are having the same problem or only the people in here are the only ones that have bought the Ronin M?? There must be a ton of others who have bought the Ronin M and are either NOT having the problem or Do not have the time to come in here to the forums...
2015-9-19
Use props
brandon_obey
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-9-19 05:50
Pls send your email to , I will help you, THX

Hey Cathy, I just emailed you at the support email address you gave me.
2015-9-21
Use props
4K Aerial
lvl.1

Australia

I updated the firmware for the Thumb Controller, it's now completely dead. Won't charge or even switch on anymore. Careful with this software.
2015-9-21
Use props
ajib72
lvl.2

Malaysia

Just stay with the old (stock) firmware)
2015-10-8
Use props
ek
lvl.1

Chile

I have to say that today I updated to the latest firmware and my Ronin has never worked better, It worked great today, no shifting at all. Did not even have to calibrate with my iPhone.
If I could just get my thumb controller to connect I would be a happy camper..
Eric
PS.Got my thumb controller to work.. Took me 1 week to find it somewhere else bc these freakin chinese do not know how to help and give dumb ass responses. You have to bind it by pushing the Bind button on the ronin M with a paper clip!!!!
No where do they tell you that, just some stupid as video on youtube claiming you just have to turn both units on.. Which is totally not true!!!
No more of my money going to chinese crappy customer service companies that are making a killing and cannot even hire someone who can write in proper english on their site!!!!
2015-10-19
Use props
strike_bike
lvl.1

Russia

Has someone installed new Assistant Software v2.0 to DJI Ronin М (IMU v1.4, GCU v1.2)? I would like to install the latest update to my Ronin, but I am afraid since the previous update had problems with the horizon. Please share your experience if you tried the newest update and let me know if any problems arise.
2015-10-21
Use props
ajib72
lvl.2

Malaysia

strike_bike@mai Posted at 2015-10-22 04:38
Has someone installed new Assistant Software v2.0 to DJI Ronin М (IMU v1.4, GCU v1.2)? I would like ...

I personally dont dare to upgrade to the newer version firmware from DJI. There is so many negative comments to it. Somwtimes it depends on luck too.

My ronin currently working in a perfect condition. No drifting at all and it is so stable. No hot motor and all.
2015-10-22
Use props
silvertonesx24
lvl.1

United States

strike_bike@mai Posted at 2015-10-22 04:38
Has someone installed new Assistant Software v2.0 to DJI Ronin М (IMU v1.4, GCU v1.2)? I would like ...

Yes I would like to know this as well. I would like to update but don't want to be left with a useless tool. Any success on the latest version?
2015-10-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules