Night flying
1547 4 2022-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM_fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

Have a mini 1, and wondering if it’s capable, and what settings if so, for a night flight.

I’ve never done one, but where I normally fly there is a cruise ship coming in, and I wouldn’t mind seeing if I could capture on video and stills.

Is the mini 1 capable? Is there any settings I should do as I normally just fly very casually and use auto.

I’ve looked on YT and seems a lot but all seem in built up areas where there is a lot of light from buildings etc.

Thanks
2022-8-29
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for those. Cruise ship although it’s good it isn’t as good as I thought with the low light.

Other vid is good when there is a lot of light from buildings etc. Think I may not now, we must be a way off tech wise yet. Wonder if newer drones are any better
2022-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best suggestion from our fellow DJI Pilots here about the best settings for the night. Just a friendly reminder, if you are flying the unit at the night, please make sure that the unit is within your line of sight to avoid any issues. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-8-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Light is important for a low light camera like on the Mini. But I have gotten good results on a brightly lit shrimp boat coming up my river. Just try it and you will learn yourself what works.
2022-9-1
Use props
VideoLife_FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5295545 ft
Croatia

Wrong topic, sorry, I can't delete the post
2023-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules