DJI Action 2 suggestions for quality of life for live streamers
364 2 2022-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simongui
lvl.1
Canada

Hey all! I really enjoy the DJI ecosystem. I've purchased a DJI Action 2, the battery module, LCD module, the DJI Mic, it's a great ecosystem I love it.

Using these systems as a video recorder is much much smoother than the experience as a live streamer however. Here's the situation of live streamers. They will have a WIFI connection nearby, either in their home or using their phone or mobile hotspot as a WIFI router.

1. This dance where you need to connect the DJI Mimo app to the camera's wifi network is really annoying. The opposite should be possible, connecting the device itself to a persistent WIFI network (home, mobile hotspot, etc). This disconnects your phone from your network, then lets you operate the camera to start the stream, then your phone goes back to your home WIFI, then if you need to make another adjustment you need to re-join the camera WIFI, this is all SO many delays during a live stream.

I should be able to connect the DJI Action 2 to a WIFI network and control the camera while my phone and camera are all on the same network without having to do this join, drop, re-join dance.

2. The RTMP retrying is really not very resilient when you're moving mobile in a live stream, you have to keep reconnecting it manually. I just want it to keep retrying more transparently (maybe show me a green or red light if it's actually live with a "reconnecting" icon or something).

3. I should be able to lock in my stream details and turn it on very quickly, almost as quickly as recording a video. The details "expire" and you have to go through this lengthy multi-minute wait to start a RTMP stream. A live streamer while live doesn't want to do all of this repetetive setup while live if they need to reboot their stream for some reason. It's all super unnecessary.

4. Bonus points for this one and it would be a MASSIVE quality of life improvement for live streamers - make the record button a GO LIVE button for streaming. Allow an option to save my stream information (RTMP details, WIFI connection details) and just go live at the press of a button.

IMO the DJI Action 2 and the DJI Mic make an amazing live streaming platform. It's so small, just a little device hanging from my neck. The major roadblocks of making this experience extremely smooth for live streamers who need to have transparent reconnecting and quick go live at a press of a button workflows could be a really big game changer for this device. It's all there hardware wise, it just needs some software changes to make this happen.
2022-8-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good idea's for sure.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there simongui. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you for your support and keep filming.
2022-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules